Three new works -- new style, sort of

Post your poetry, any style.
PoeticEyeGuy

Three new works -- new style, sort of

Post by PoeticEyeGuy » October 21st, 2004, 11:12 pm

Subliminal Zen

Let’s secretly expose all those undecided voters in Missouri and elsewhere to a beautiful Zen-like flower of thought and let them drift on an eternal blissful ethereal journey to the place of all elemental unfolding fusions and illusions where the size of every big ego is smaller than the child it came from once and the endless curiosity brings branches as tendrils in a Spanish eye vein surrealist movie cut down to size by the very neural investigations of our whirling dervish world. I weep for the dead as though I was them but others don’t quite in the lavish apartments of their own investigations feel the same as they drive their influences into garages and playgrounds and their children to practices in a way that keeps them from thinking as in if you keep busy enough there is no reason to investigate any sort of doubt so the essence of what you believe rests on the bottom like a deep sea sponge and you will never attempt to swim to it.

Tangential as an afterthought

Have we wasted too much energy on those things that could eclipse the very nature of our existence as if we were preordained to be the allegorical ending in the biographical pamphlet designed to alleviate considerable pain and discomfort only to find that the winnowing nature of expeditionary forces leaves very few survivors at the end of a long campaign and those things we held dear, next to ourselves were allocated as if by an actuary to places and positions felt only in the deep repositories of faded memory and alcoves of suspended acquiescence. Remember the doilies in your grandmother’s house? How much time was spent making those things while outside the world jammed and kicked and played and romped and dug everything that was living. Don’t waste our time anymore please.

Wet nurse-nerds

How do you allow yourself to be used this way when you is smart and you can hopefully see beyond your nose or maybe not, but it is not cool to be sucked upon by so many infantile publicity agents and sycophants just cause the money is good and you sleep in a nice house with ornamental postcard pictures and rugs made by hand somewhere by people who are trying to eat cause they was born in the wrong location by a strange happenstance. See cause if you are lucky enough to be reading this you got the time to waste on such things and no matter how poor you think you are you are letting them drink from you cause you, like me, can sell your milk to the highest bidder or maybe it is just me who wants to justify hisself without really making any real sacrifice and living in both worlds like a man with two families you hear about sometimes on the news.

(c) Perry Lindstrom 2004

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » October 22nd, 2004, 5:23 pm

See sponge,
on the bottom.
Hidden in
murky waters
like garbage,
thrown away
from view,
living still,
in the murky
tides of
polluted answers,
lurking like
an army of spiders,
in the trenches
of denial,
tormenting the heals,
and souls,
of our heartshoes.

Gee, thanks poeticeyeguyfor inspiring me.
I really dug your post.
H 8)

PoeticEyeGuy

Glad to help inspire

Post by PoeticEyeGuy » October 22nd, 2004, 10:51 pm

Hester,

Always good when work inspires other work and we all move along with the vibe. The Internet is a great place after all. Keep on keeping on.

Peace,
Perry

Lucy!

words

Post by Lucy! » October 22nd, 2004, 11:07 pm

your words are overwhelmingly accurate
in accrodance with the intricacies of our boorish, overpayed underfed lives

we arent enriched with the complexity of issues
we're too busy fussing over our SUV's getting flats to understand the pain a small, burdened country endures every second of their lives

PoeticEyeGuy

Thanks Lucy!

Post by PoeticEyeGuy » October 24th, 2004, 9:43 pm

It is hard to live and work in DC the way I do and not become sometimes too cynical. Poetry is at least a way to make things a little more subtle in one's critique of the received view.
Perry

Return to “Poetry”