Just a suggestion.

Post your poetry, any style.
lenny

Just a suggestion.

Post by lenny » August 23rd, 2006, 8:58 am

If you look at the ratio of reads to replies in Creative Writing it is easy to see why this forum does not seem to grow much. People post because they want others to comment on their work. Why else would they post. It doesn't matter if the comment is constructive in nature or simply a statement of not liking a piece and stating the reason for it. It is disheartening for a poet to share his/her heart and then not know what others even think about their efforts. Let's help each other grow here. Let's notice each other. I guarantee this forum, in particular will take off. Please, though, it is better to leave nasty and derogatory comments off the board as they often destroy otherwise good boards. Well, that's my little 2 cents.

Be well,

lenny
None of us ever gets anything we don't either need or deserve. Dry those liquid emotions and move on.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » August 23rd, 2006, 10:14 am

lenny,

It's good to see your face my friend

we missed you at the Cabaradio

I hope your journeys have gone well

I agree with your sentiment above

were there but world enough and time
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 23rd, 2006, 10:54 am

a welcome reminder.
it seems that since i'm back from the U.S., it's either jet lag or rushing off to school - no time to sit, linger and comment. But, hark, rumour has it that the weekend approaches and along with that a poetry jam. That should get some cameraderie flowing.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » August 23rd, 2006, 11:58 am

this is cool
it's the sauce
why we post up
cyber roll
jam comin'
me perpetually
jammin'
i do like comments
i also like to jam live with my
raga machines and compadres
the most exhilarating feeling
if i do wiredly say so......... http://www.soweboarts.org/currentshow.html
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

lenny

Post by lenny » August 23rd, 2006, 12:04 pm

Responses!!! lol. Now I see what it takes to get a response. Hey, LR, missed you too, brother. Just came back from California - L.A. and 'HUMBOLDT COUNTY' to visit my son along with my daughter. Had a great time but it's always nice returning home, wherever that is. I am looking for a place to move to now though. I've been in this house for two years in Nov. and I've had enough of town living. Looking at land in Costa Rica, Guatemala and several other places. Will keep in touch though. Love ya, man.

lenny
None of us ever gets anything we don't either need or deserve. Dry those liquid emotions and move on.

Return to “Poetry”