Nigah, Pleeeza

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Nigah, Pleeeza

Post by Lightning Rod » November 16th, 2004, 1:03 pm

here is a link to the final formatted version:

http://stormpages.com/gitdown/Poetseye111804.html

You should see her do the bench press

"I hear you are looking for a National Security Advisior. I can say 'Massa.'"

I wonder what Oprah thinks about Condoleeza Rice? Of course Oprah would never say anything bad about Condi or Colin Powell either. Oprah won't even say an unkind word about a hamburger. But in her heart of hearts, I'll bet she feels somewhat like Malcolm X did:

“There was two kinds of slaves. There was the house Negro and the field Negro. The house Negroes - they lived in the house with master, they dressed pretty good, they ate good 'cause they ate his food -- what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master; and they loved their master more than the master loved himself. They would give their life to save the master's house quicker than the master would. The house Negro, if the master said, "We got a good house here," the house Negro would say, "Yeah, we got a good house here." Whenever the master said "we," he said "we." That's how you can tell a house Negro.”

Both Powell and Rice are extremely personable (in an Al Jolson kind of way) and convincing talking heads. It has been very handy for this administration to have them in the house. It gives George Bush an out when he is accused of Texas racial prejudice. He can say with credulity, "I don't have anything against Negroes, hell, I think everybody should own a few."

George Bush certainly owns Condi and Colin.

The last words Powell said to Bush before delivering the bald faced lies he told to the United Nations must have been, "Yowsa massa." Because Powell surely knew that he was committing political suicide with his disingenuous testimony before the world, complete with phony charts and pictures and it really killed me when he brandished the cocaine vial full of placebo anthrax. That's the kind of loyalty you can expect from a good House Negro. Powell arguably enjoyed the most respect among the members of the administration at that time and he was willing to sacrifice that respect in service of the Massa.

Condoleeza can pass for a Republican, but she is really only Georgie's work-out partner, and I can only imagine that sexy little gap in Condi's teeth straddling the vein on top of the Presidential Penis. She must be better than Monica, because it certainly wasn't her job performance that has earned her a promotion from the basement to the pantry...er...I mean Cabinet. She told the Congress, as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, that nobody had any IDEA before 9/11 that anyone would fly a jet into a building. This is while she had a memo on her desk entitled, “Bin Laden determined to attack America”, which specifically mentioned airplanes as missile weapons.

But the first job of a House Negro is to look like you are busy. Condi comes off well on Meet the Press. She is quite convincing, even though she shakes her head 'no' when she means 'yes.' If she could just tear up every now and then like Oprah, then she would have all the red states in her pocket. But she sure missed the ball when, as National SECURITY Advisor, she let that memo lay on her desk. She's loyal and gives good head, so she deserves a promotion. I'm not trying to cast her as Sally Hemmings or anything. I certainly have no proof that Georgie Boy is playing doctor with Dr. Rice, but like Thomas Jefferson told George Bush in a dream one night, "Democracy moves is strange ways. Try a circular motion."

Bear in mind that, as Secretary of State, Condi will fourth in line of presidential succession. If Georgie Boy chokes to death on a pretzel and Dick Cheney's pacemaker gets jammed by the CIA and Dennis Hastert has a mysterious car wreck, then Condi is President. Think about it. This is the Soviet expert who didn't foresee the fall of the Soviet Union. This is a woman who owes her entire political career to Bush. She loves the master more than he loves himself. This is the National Security Advisor who had no clue that Bin Laden was plotting foul play even after being warned in writing. But you have to give her an A for loyalty, and that's qualification #1 to work in this administration.

It is nothing new for there to be a turnover in a Cabinet when a president is re-elected. At one time the entire cabinet was expected to resign so that the President, at his pleasure, could re-appoint or replace them. But still, the current turnover brings to my mind the image of rats deserting a sinking ship. Ashcroft goes because he knows he is no longer useful as a pap to the Christian Right. Powell says sayanora because he knows that American foreign policy is a joke in shambles. There is a purge going on in the CIA to unseat the disloyal. The cadre is tightening. The House Negroes are jockeying for position in the second Bush term. If you can say, "Yowsa Massa," then you're hired. (Karl Rove as Simon LeGree? Don't even go there.)

The Poet's Eye sees the same thing that any Southern Planter knows---good House Negroes are hard to find, so you had better keep the ones you have.
Last edited by Lightning Rod on November 18th, 2004, 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

stilltrucking

snake eyes

Post by stilltrucking » November 17th, 2004, 12:02 pm

"Snake Eyes" I think it was ironhands that called her that. The one person who has done the most damage in the cabinet has no intention to resign.

I been pretty much freaking out with visions of doom and gloom, well not gloom, more like a very bright light. I think the one weapon of mass destruction that was found in Iraq was money. I think one find was something like six hundred million dollars stashed. Remember the soldier that was court martialed for helping himself. How much more money was floating around. I don't think Usama himself would do it but there enough hatred against uncle sam that I think eventualy someone with a lot of money will buy a nuke and use it against us. I remember saying something to jota about hyperbole, he had said "freedom lost" is never regained. He said it could be regained but it would take a long time. I have hopes of a midterm election that gives the congress enough votes to impeach him, a peachy outcome, not likely but freedom of the press and speach are my weapons of choice, like a sword of truth. There is plenty of dirt to come out, I am hoping for a leak about the secrete energy meetings at the start of the Bushco admin, the one Dirty Dick held with his buddies from Enron among others.
Nice work

stilltrucking

too racist

Post by stilltrucking » November 17th, 2004, 4:45 pm

I retract the nice work, i don't like it Clay, just don't like the racial slurs, I can't think of either one of them as niggers, a nigger was the guy that came up behind me and hit me in the head with a two by four, I only call him a nigger because that is what he was screaming at me after he hit me,

too racist, I think you could make the same point with out the racist remarks

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 17th, 2004, 10:54 pm

Jack, I appreciate your honest comments
I pondered on this for a couple of days
because I was worried that this would be taken as racist
but I don't think it is
I won't try to sell you the old line, "Some of my best friends are black,"
but I don't think this is a racist piece
it's a political piece, it just uses a mock-racist metaphor

hey, I watched the VIBE awards last night.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

stilltrucking

ok

Post by stilltrucking » November 18th, 2004, 8:26 pm

I think during the first few elections it was customary for the Vice President to be the candidate who came in second. i wish that was still true. Kerry a better man than dirty dick
Rice will make a much better yes man then Coln. His was the consumate "lifer" my country right or wrong. But he did try to warn Junior "you break it you fix it"

okay I should have none better, I reinstate my no I changed my mind this is my least favorite one of all you eyes
nice work
no I still think it sucks
I like the Byrd from WVA says it, it sounds like "nigra"
Last edited by stilltrucking on November 19th, 2004, 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stilltrucking

I still think it sucks

Post by stilltrucking » November 19th, 2004, 5:36 pm

no Clay I still think this one sucks, race has nothing to do with it. a dumb mataphor for a tragic situation.
If you want to quote Malcom, my hero this is a better one
"The chickens have come home to roost."
that was his comment about the JFK murder,

I think those chickens are going to shit all over us,

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » November 19th, 2004, 6:00 pm

Nixon had power and intelligence. He was a lonesome drone. Pat was a damned tensile strong saint to put up with him.

Dick was a deep belly have-nothing and had to make it with brains alone.

He saw the stupid transparency of Ike. And put up with it.

Though we might have a Sierra Nevada in Chico ( where I lived--- birthplace of Sierra Nevada Beer) "stilltrucking", I DID know Robert Crumb in Winters, and we hoisted a few Burgies together.

I agree, to an extent. But "racism" needs to crown the canvas once in a while.

Condaleeza is ahead of all of us--- curing her own race and besmirched ethic group just to bolster DUB II, the weird science-fiction president. Heinlein warned us about this man . . .

Zlatko the meanderer

stilltrucking

The Houston Miracle

Post by stilltrucking » November 19th, 2004, 8:29 pm

I bow/defer to your judgement but

Rod Paige would have been a better subject then Colin Powell

"Houston miracle," part of the Texas reforms on which No Child Left Behind is based and that propelled Rod Paige to the job of Education Secretary, were largely a sham, accomplished by keeping bad students from taking the test or shooing them out the door altogether.)
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20 ... =perlstein

Suck was a bad choice of words. Sorry about that Clay, whether I agree with you or not on this one it was 'well crafted.'

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » November 20th, 2004, 9:18 am

A play on the song "Pick A Bale Of Cotton." Enjoy!!!!

Jump down, turn around Condoleeza Rice has been picked to be
Secretary Of State

Bush Jump down, turn around to pick a woman who has an oil tanker named after her

Oh Lordy, watch out what's going to happen

Oh Lordy, watch it's going to get really messed up

That Bush from Texas can pick'em
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 3rd, 2009, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wylie Shambles

Post by Wylie Shambles » November 25th, 2004, 11:40 pm

It's a real antidote to hear Condi's cousin Connie Rice on the Tavis Smiley show.

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”