Barack and Oral Sexiness

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Barack and Oral Sexiness

Post by Lightning Rod » March 21st, 2008, 4:23 pm

http://www.textually.org
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com

Barack and Oral Sexiness

for release 03-21-08
Dallas, Texas
by Lightning Rod

When The Poet's Eye sees Barack Obama speak, it's like watching Tiger Woods play golf. Woods plays with clubs and Obama uses his mouth. They both exhibit resolve, determination and mastery of their craft. This mastery of craft is probably the reason we will see our first black president soon. America is SO ready to have a leader who sounds as if he is speaking his own words.

When George Bush was dubiously elected as president I was both appalled and amazed. I was appalled because it was evident that Bush was a handpuppet for powers that he didn't even understand. I was amazed that a healthy minority of Americans had chosen a president, the person who is designated as the spokesman for our nation, who was so grossly inarticulate.

When George Bush speaks, it's a painful experience. He sounds like a schoolboy struggling through text that he plagiarized from the internet and that he barely understands. I'm sure that the man is not a moron, after all he can ride a trail bike. But when he speaks, you get the picture of a weekend duffer trying to play on the PGA tour. He's hopelessly out of his league. He is hardly Tiger Woods. Nobody wants to be crude enough to say it, but this has been an embarrassment for America.

This question comes to the fore: Is being a great public speaker the best qualification for a president? Should policy or ideology be more important? My answer is that it sure the fuck helps to be a good speaker. Ask Ronald Reagan. His policies were fumbling at best but sometimes presence overpowers policy. Reagan didn't bring down the Berlin Wall with the Star Wars myth, he did it with his mouth.

Our president is the voice of our country. The words that come from his mouth can either galvanize the world or charge it with skepticism and doubt and suspicion and fear. Those words, and how they are said, sets our national mood and also influences how we are perceived around the world. Americans are sick of being perceived as inarticulate bullies. They are embarrassed. They want someone to speak for them who can speak with confidence and authority and intelligence. They want someone to speak their dreams and aspirations and not stumble over the words that they didn't invent.

Barack Obama is being smiled upon right now by history. He's the right man at the right time. He's our new golden boy. He's telling us what we want to hear in the way we want to hear it, like it comes from his mind and his heart working together.

Public speaking is about much more than shouting words or reading scripts. It's about assembling and articulating ideas and making an audience believe them. When Tiger Woods drops a shot one foot from the pin on the second stroke of a five par, you get the idea that he knows what he's doing. Obama speaks like he knows what he's doing. It's obvious that he has game when it comes to speaking. We'll see if he can back it up with the improvisational skills that are required to be a great president.

The Poet's Eye sees that if Barack Obama does it, he will do it with his mouth.

The words of the true poems give you more than poems,
They give you to form for yourself poems, religions, politics, war,
peace, behavior, histories, essays, daily life, and every thing else,
They balance ranks, colors, races, creeds, and the sexes,
They do not seek beauty, they are sought,
Forever touching them or close upon them follows beauty, longing,
fain, love-sick.--Whitman, Song of The Answerer
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » March 22nd, 2008, 1:56 pm

I am endlessly proud of Barack Obama. As an Illinois resident... a black woman at that... I have had the pleasure of seeing his ability to succeed and improve firsthand. As a community organizer he made large strides giving back to a people that sorely needed it. As a senator, he has supplied the people with a healthcare system that I have benefited from firsthand. HE is in fact the reason my daughter was able to be born in the great hospital she was instead of some mangy public health clinic where you might be better off just going it alone at home. He is a great example of what a leader is and what he can become... and it would give me no greater pleasure than to be able to call him Mr. President.

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » March 23rd, 2008, 7:15 am

He's got my vote!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » April 5th, 2008, 8:28 pm

well, izzy, if any woman could have a kid at home without help
it would be you, but i am glad that you like the O man
just the same
his mama here's to her
Courtesy of the Obama family
Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro with son Barack in Hawaii.
Copyright 2008 The New York Times Company

as long as I have wandered this far out on a tangent I might as well
post this bit about Obama's mama
Sounds like he was a fortunate son.
(texas trucker mother nexus)
A Free-Spirited Wanderer Who Set Obama’s Path
also thanks for seeing some encouragement from an outlaw fugitive poet
the O man might even look to you to get some citizen's rights baaack
what you deserve of course
we can hope we can try
my 25 dollars each month
until november
part of the O man million

you know we have a huge alien nation
Culture ~ Who Will Be On the Dream Team?
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”