Speed Dating Sarah

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Speed Dating Sarah

Post by Lightning Rod » September 25th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Speed Dating Sarah
for release 09-25-08
Dallas, Texas
by Lightning Rod

If you haven't heard of speed dating then you are not living in the 21st century. We're busy these days, there's no time for useless research, there's too much to know.

Speed dating tries to solve both the paucity and the superfluity of people and information in our speeding world.
Wiki--
Men and women are rotated to meet each other over a series of short "dates", usually lasting from 3 to 8 minutes depending on the organization running the event. At the end of each interval, the organizer rings a bell or clinks a glass to signal the participants to move on to the next date. At the end of the event participants submit to the organizers a list of who they would like to provide their contact information to. If there is a match, contact information is forwarded to both parties. Contact information cannot be traded during the initial meeting, in order to reduce pressure (especially on women) to accept or reject a suitor to his or her face.
Sarah Palin, the woman with the irritating voice who is bidding for a job that is one heartbeat away from the presidency of our country, has been getting a cram course in meeting world leaders. In the past two days she has had speed dates with six world leaders not counting Henry Kissinger and Bono. Bono would have been a better vice-presidential nominee. He has more diplomatic experience by far than Sarah Palin.

Wisely, the McCain campaign has kept the 'hockey mom in waiting' away from journalists who inevitably will ask a question which will show that she is hopelessly out of her depth. This is the only explanation for the fact that the campaign banned all reporters and print journalists from these meetings with world leaders. Only photographers were allowed. They weren't real meetings. They were photo ops. They were transparently designed to bolster Palin's non-existent international affairs experience.

The problem is that getting your picture taken with a celebrity does not make you a celebrity. Getting your picture taken with Tiger Woods doesn't make you shoot under par.

The Poet's Eye enjoys looking at Sarah Palin but doesn't want another vice-president who operates from a secure, undisclosed location. Now The Poet's Ear wants to hear what she has to say.

"No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut." —Sam Rayburn
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » September 25th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Oh the ways they'll try and white wash her and the campaign as well.
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 25th, 2009, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nazz

Post by Nazz » October 7th, 2008, 1:04 pm

ohhhh, that voice.. one of those stumbling points that speed dating was designed to help solve...

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » October 8th, 2008, 6:26 am

Actually, LRod, if you parlay it successfully, the right photo can get you everywhere. Did we know who Nicole Ritchie was before she got snapped with Paris? And for that matter, did we know who Paris was before we saw the screen shots of her sextape which was, as of then, yet to be released? The dimwitted American public, which seems to have a firm hold on the balls of this country given, specifically, our nation's current President, and the general international opinion of us as, well, dimwits, has been proven to be a very visual and impressionable people. When you are seen with the right person, it opens doors, changes opinions. Before we were graced with Palin's dulcet tones, all we had was a picture. And as a former beauty contestant, and news anchor I think she knows exactly what power a photograph has over someone's judgment if they're impressionable. And sometimes, even if they aren't. McCain may be a septuagenarian melanoma surviving republican who is, as he told the Vietnamese, a "black criminal" but he is a politician first and foremost. And they know better than most that appearances are everything. How else could he smile while he tells me that the big business corporations that refuse to hire me but are more than happy to take my rent money are going to get tons of tax breaks while I sit here with my thumb up my ass trying to make cash fall out? How else could he stare into the camera and call me his friend with a look so endearing? Bullshit is a politician's bread and butter. And you can bullshit really well with a photograph and you don't even have to open your mouth.

--k

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”