Wonderland

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Wonderland

Post by Lightning Rod » January 19th, 2005, 1:18 pm

http://www.studioeight.tv/LR/Poetseye012005.html

Wonderland

We've gone through the looking glass. We are truly in Wonderland. When the capitol of the free world is locked down like a fucking concentration camp where you can't even think the word 'fucking' without the FCC sticking a summons down your throat, I start looking for the hookah smoking caterpillar and the Cheshire Cat. It looks like the only people that will be attending the inauguration of the Mad Hatter will be millionaire campaign donors, secret service agents, cops, and a few approved reporters. The police are starting to outnumber the homeless in Washington D.C. and I can't tell which is the bigger disgrace. This is Wonderland.

The White Rabbit will be the next head of Homeland Security. This administration clearly needs someone who can tell them what time it is. They are late, they're late, for a very important date with reality. A house built on lies is a house of cards and not even the Queen of Hearts can decree that what we are seeing in this coronation has anything to do with freedom or democracy. They have imported hoodlum cops from all across the country to assure that there will be no pesky placard carrying commie war protesters anywhere near the elite, the effete or the cameras. It looks like a prison in Washington.

When Franklin Roosevelt was inaugurated in 1945, we were at war and the budget for the inauguration was twenty thousand dollars. Roosevelt said, "I can do it on two-thousand." By the time you add up all the costs of the elite festivities and the security to protect them in this coronation, we're talking close to a hundred million bucks. That's a lot of flack jackets and HummV armor. But you don't think about that if you live in Wonderland.

I recall the most beautiful inauguration of my lifetime, when Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn WALKED down Pennsylvania Avenue in the Inaugural Parade and it felt, oh, I don't know, Democratic.

But this is the Post 9/11 world. We have gone down the rabbit hole. Everything has changed.

Nonsense.

The only thing that has changed is the way you have been convinced to think about the world. The early training was to get you to submit to pat downs at airports. Then you must duct tape your windows and look for bin Laden under your bed. This is why fairy tales are so powerful. You almost believe them until you really start to believe them.

I wouldn't go anywhere near the coronation area on the 20th. Not with my criminal record and my long hair. Besides, I've already been to Wonderland and back. But even if I wanted to go I probably couldn't get inside the hundred block cordon that the police state has established unless I was a card carrying Republican glazed-eyed Red Stater.

Does it tell you something when the so-called Leader of the Free World has to import thousands of cops and blockade the streets of the Capitol and search the rooftops and weld down the manhole covers in order to protect himself when he has a mandate? I guess I'm in Wonderland because this inauguration doesn't look like a democratic event to me, but an imperial one.

There will be nine balls for this coronation. That's three times as many as a pawn shop has. Are you familiar with pawn shops? You should acquaint yourself with them because by the time this abomination of an administration gets through with you for another four years, unless you have a trust fund or are living off your dividends, you will have to say goodbye to your wedding rings and your belt sander.

We are about to re-install the Mad Hatter as Our Leader. This is a guy who thinks mercury poisoning is a good high. He spent his childhood gnawing lead paint off of windowsills. You can tell by the way he talks. And by the way he thinks. The tea party has barely begun. Hello Iran, Syria? Bye-bye Social Security? The environment? Fergiddaboutit.

As The Poet's Eye gazes down the rabbit hole, it sees that Wonderland is in trouble if it has to lock down the Capitol in order to install the new king.

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off her head
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head,
Feed your head"

– Jefferson Airplane
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » January 19th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Another excellent report, LRod... you never cease to amaze. The J. Airplane at the end... awesome touch. I think you shuld try and infilitrate this event, become primary advisor to the president, usurp his position of power, and kill ALL who stand in your way. (maniacal laughter ensues). Who ever heard of not an inaguration... but inaguration week! A whole week dedicated to THIS crap? A whole week of Laura and the drunken twins in specially crafted gowns form-fitted right off the the subliminal message base? (little girls jump and wave their arms "oooh! Oooh! can we have Bush dresses too?!")
I'm hosting a small inaguration parting at my house (cries because you live in virginia and cannot come) where all of my wayward friends and I plan on poking fun at the festivities, and making notes so that we can do spoofs on it later. I'm following the poet's eye down the rabbit hole, but could I get a match please? It's dark in here.
--K
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

bohonato

Post by bohonato » January 19th, 2005, 8:53 pm

Sacre Merde! Je l'adore!

Anonymous-one

Post by Anonymous-one » January 19th, 2005, 10:04 pm

Je men tamponne les coquillards.

C´est genial Clay . Le parallelle entre
l´histoire d´ Alice au pays des merveilles ,
et les delires du president Bush son brillants.

Pierre.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » January 19th, 2005, 10:48 pm

merci de vous des commentaires aimables

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 20th, 2005, 12:52 pm

Very well done, amigo, but you left me wondering ~

The Wonderland for me is why the majority support Dubya and his policies. My only conclusion can be is that old yin/yang... the shift from liberal attitudes to that of the conservative attitude. Yes, Mr. Jones, the overall attitude of the country is tired of liberalism and is switching to the other side.... change is the inevitable and liberalism is taking a back seat to the conservative ideolgy. I'll miss the times, but as others like me, the country will not care. The conservative movement is the new reality for this new millenium. I do hope it gets toned down from the radical conservatives tho, to make it a bit moere tolerable for the general populace.

Historically the conservative movement has fought long and hard to come to where they are now. They have talked the talk and walked the walk and now they have center stage, liberals be damned. The cry for freedom for all peoples is their vanguard as it should have been for the liberals but somewhere along the path the liberals dropped the balll and spent too much time involved in their own liberalism and not enough time in the passionate cry for freedom for all peoples. But again, I suppose, the reality of this global freedom will be usurped by the natural laws of yin/yang... but until that time the conservatives will use freedom as their battle cry, which we know began in Afghanistan, followed by Iraq and who knows where it will end..? It is a wonderful ideal to envision all countries and all peoples of the planet living in peace and harmony, living under democratic ideals, but how many can realistically sustain themselves by those ideals without weakening the glue of captalism that holds democracies together...?

This Conservative movement will implode, however, if it steadfastly refuses anything that has been learned from the Liberal movement. I am thinking of new energy sources, independence from foreign oil, acceptance of the new technologies, embracing the new discoveries of science, monies spent more wisely for our own country on it's weak spots... the list is long.

Yin/yang will eventually prove that capitalism is not the equal of freedom and the laws of change will one day revert to what we once knew as liberalism, newly formed and formulated. Until that time may we all accept the new reality no matter how unconvincing it may be... the people have spoken and democracy will follow. That in itself is a wonder.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 20th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Fantastic read, Lightning Rod. One of the best columns I´ve ever read. Amazing stuff!

Cecil: I think your thoughts on this current right-wing runaway train also contain much truth.

I also think that much of the population seems to have lost its collective mind.... The End Time attitude is strongy resurgent within the religious constituency.... ie... 9/11 and Iraq mark the imminent Rapture and Apocalypse, and nothing else matters any more....

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » January 20th, 2005, 9:51 pm

cec, this is a very incisive analysis of the idea that I put forward
I think we are both closet conservatives. (shhhhhhh)

Thanks mnaz, is it a little chilly in Albekerk?
I think there is a rabbit hole around there.

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 20th, 2005, 10:12 pm

Clay - funny you should mention that... after writing that I begn wonder-ing that myself! But I would perfer to be neither, but only a blend of the two, whose idea sets well with me.

I actually took some time to listen to Dubya give his speech today and was surprised at how much of his vision I could relate to... so much so that I spent some time researching some old Litkicks posts in hopes of finding something that I had written regarding 'freedom' and the middle east. Alas, I was unable to find it otherwise I would have bored the readers of S8 with a repost.

Don't get me wrong here now... I'm still digesting this whole political future Dubya is giving mention to. There is a lot between the lines that are not perfectly clear to me at this point, but nonetheless...

The next four years may prove to be most interesting for we observors, doncha think?

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » January 20th, 2005, 10:21 pm

I know what you mean.
The rhetoric sounds good.
Why don't I believe him?

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 20th, 2005, 10:31 pm

That was the most honest (sounding) speech, by George, I've ever sat through. Will action speak mush louder than his words..? Or will be at war with many other countries within the next year or two..? You don't know of anyone that has crystal balls and a straight shooter. do you?

"Time is on my side...
yes it is..."

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » January 20th, 2005, 10:49 pm

I agree
it was the best speech I ever heard him make
I think he either had a dose of Dr. Feelgood
or he is drunk on hubris

we'll see what happens

The Poet's Eye

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 21st, 2005, 2:34 pm

New Mexico seems off in its own "Wonderland" at times.... it´s even on the license plates..... "Land of Enchantment"......Sunny and 63 deg.... making up for lost time.... If I spend enough time down here, I might lose those webbed feet of mine, acquired from a lifetime spent wallowing deep in the Rain Belt......

And I´ve always thought the desert might be a good place to ride out the End Times.... (better stock up on tequila).

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 21st, 2005, 3:01 pm

Bush's rhetorical blathering was perhaps delivered effectively, but the content was as empty and pompous as usual; it's more sentimental posturing, republican buzzwords, populist demagoguery. It sounded like an advertisement for, phuck, I don't know, Allstate. He probably practiced for weeks. Dubya's double digit IQ---if not hints of dementia--- was imprinted onto those of us who watched him lose badly to Kerry in the first debate.

His "hopes of the decent and tolerant" riff was especially nauseating: that's what comes to mind when a cruise missile enters an iraqi family's villa-- here comes the decent and tolerant......and an aircraft carrier: just one big floating chunk of decency and tolerance. Remember Schwarzenegger's gutting of social and education programs in California and his appointments of his cronies to various govt. positions?--yeah, more decency and tolerance.

Fuck those people.

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”