Pimps and Polygamy

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Pimps and Polygamy

Post by Lightning Rod » May 9th, 2006, 12:06 pm

http://www.pizzazzmagazine.com/img/warr ... sketch.jpg
Would You Buy A Used Wife From This Man?

Pimps and Polygamy
for release 05-09-06
Washington D.C.

The FBI must really be scraping the bucket. They have added sect leader Warren Jeffs to the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list for arranging marriages between underage girls and older men. I thought that the Ten Most Wanted list was reserved for killers and bandits and villains like Osama bin Laden. This is the first time in my memory that they have put a pimp on the list. You would think they would just send the vice-squad out to pick him up. That's what they would usually do about a pimp. But this one has himself all tricked out to look like a man of god. I guess things must be a little slow in the crime-busting business these days.

Speaking of pimps and whores, I'm reminded of John Walsh. You know, he's that little sleeaze-ball wannabe brownshirt who rode the wave of sympathy for his kidnapped son into a career as a sensational psuedo-journalist. I get sick every time I see the guy. He's a lower life-form than the crooks he pretends to catch on TV.

America's Most Wanted and shows like it have helped to make a mockery of our justice system by portraying the process as a tawdry burlesque which glamorizes bounty hunters, vigilantes and cowboy cops and has helped turn us into a nation of snitches.

After observing circuses like the recent Moussaoui trial, The Poet's Eye can see that very little separates jurisprudence from show-business these days. As soon as I heard the announcement that Jeffs was on the top ten, I thought about Jim Jones and David Koresh and how America loves this type of story. It has everything--a cult with a wild-eyed leader who uses the mask of religion to disguise his nefarious dope-taking and child molestation and god only knows what other types of depravity while building some shady empire on the backs of his loyal and tight-lipped followers.

Why is this same story so eternally fascinating to us? Perhaps is is because the possibility that any person could have such persuasive charisma that hundreds or even thousands of people would surrender their free will, their autonomy, their property and even their lives in order to follow him is just so unfathomable.

I'm sure a movie must already be on the drawing boards in Hollywood. Anthony Hopkins' agent has probably had calls, "Can he do a Mormon accent?" All that's needed to clinch the deal is a nice juicy stand-off between the FBI and a cadre of the faithful gathered around their messiah and vowing not to be taken alive. Then they are all transported to heaven by potion or pyre. You know the formula--you mix Jesus Christ with vast wealth and illicit sex and secret organizations and glorious death and viola, you have the Da Vinci Code.

I gave up polygamy as a young man. Oh, it was terrific for the first few nights but soon I realized that one wife is enough for any man to tolerate. So, I've settled for monogamy, but I'm considering hemi-ogamy or semi-ogamy.

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
’cause I’m in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I’ll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
--Rolling Stones
Last edited by Lightning Rod on May 9th, 2006, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

firsty

Post by firsty » May 9th, 2006, 12:17 pm

i watched that show, "big love," on hbo on sunday for the first time. what a fucking nitemare that would be. the only benefit i can see from polygamy would be the orgies, but those would get old pretty quick, too.

i believe that insecurity is one of the biggest reasons for arguments among people, and nothing creates insecurity like hearing your spouse in the next room banging the shit out of someone on a regular basis.

God invented masturbation for a reason. if you need a change of pace, there is no pimp like our own imagination. woo ha.
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 9th, 2006, 10:22 pm

"We are doing everything we can to track him down,"

I am glad we finally got our priorities straight. I wonder if Osama made the top ten list?

I was on the top ten list for a while. I tore that little tag off my mattress. The one that says "Do not remove under penalty of law,"

LR this one is pure acid, nice work.

I appreciate you, I dont care what SB says, I appreciate you kid. :)

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » May 10th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Nice column, LR:

Part of what seems pervasive in American society is the mingled fascination and horror that anyone, no matter how crazed a fanatic, might actually have an original idea and a burning determination to carry it into action.

So many artists , fanatics and revolutionaries many of them, are routinely ignored because they don't possess the money to carry out their fantasies.

People pimping for the worst fantasies in Kansas about "towel-head" bombers make it as consultants to the White House or Republican lobbyists. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. is relegated to "cult" status as a writer.

Thomas Frank ( love that name . . .) in "What's the Matter With Kansas?" speaks to this very issue in this interview.

( paste)

And so what is the matter with Kansas?

The same thing that’s been the matter with America for so many years: the culture wars. The cloud of inexhaustible right-wing outrage that hovers over so much of the country. Kansas, like many places in America, once had a tradition of progressivism and outright radicalism. Today, though, like many other places, the state’s political center just seems to move farther to the right in response to events. During the Nineties the state erupted in a sort of right-wing populist revolt, tossing out its old-school pragmatic leaders and replacing them with the most conservative Republicans available. It made national headlines when anti-abortion activists descended in massive numbers on Wichita in 1991, and it made world headlines when its State Board of Education took up the battle against evolution in 1999. Today Kansas is the sort of place where the angry, suspicious worldview typified by Fox News or the books of Ann Coulter is a common part of everyday life. So I went there to study the indignant conservative mindset up close.

The reason I say there’s something “the matter” with all this is that, in becoming more and more conservative, Kansas is voting against its own economic interests. Large parts of the state are in deep economic crisis—in many cases a crisis either brought on or worsened by the free-market policies of the Republican party—and yet the state’s voters insist on re-electing the very people who are screwing them, running up colossal majorities for George Bush, lowering taxes and privatizing and deregulating, even when these things are manifestly unhealthy for the state.

( end paste)

The full interview can be found here:

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/June04/Frank0614.htm

within which Frank makes some salient observations.

Zlatko

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » May 10th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Z-ko

We should also remember Brown v. Board of Education

That suit originated in Topeka, Kansas
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Zlatko Waterman

POTENTIAL THREAT ELEMENT

Post by Zlatko Waterman » May 11th, 2006, 4:18 pm

The facts are these:

Bush says there is no "data mining" by the NSA, the Pentagon and other government agencies. He said this today.

Listening to Warren Olney's "To the Point" radio program today, I heard a panel discussion of the linking, through "Fusion Centers" ( currently receiving funding of five hundred million dollars--yes-- half a billion . . .) on the assumption that "all terrorism is local" ( I'm quoting from law enfocement "experts" here . . .), the linking, I say, of local law enforcement to federal agencies in Bush's "War on Terrorism."

That means that with the current attempt ( and it is succeeding) to monitor, with the cooperation of mighty corporations like A T and T, every single phonecall and e-mail sent in the USA, the law enforcement agencies will define and assess P.T.E.s--
Potential Threat Elements.

With General Hayden about to take charge, some of us old timers are beginning to get that "old time feeling"-- that we've seen this all before:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... -70s_x.htm

Let's get slightly metaphysical about this for a moment, something law enforcement pretends it isn't doing:

With the ACLU and others documenting instances of federal suveillance of vegetarians, PETA, local biker gangs and even Flat Earth People ( not to mention UFO-ers!), from what source does this assessment of "potential threat elements" really derive?

(ACLU link to their current investigation . . .)

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/spying/247 ... 60321.html

The participants on the radio program ( some from law enforcement agencies) spoke of the great advantage in collecting information, urging the public to believe that "content" was not being surveilled, only "patterns.

And the moon is made of green cheese, in case you haven't heard it from the Feds.

What do you, Lightning Rod, and all the rest of you think of these developments?

Zlatko

firsty

Post by firsty » May 11th, 2006, 4:33 pm

what we thought were freedoms 200 yrs ago are no longer considered freedoms. these agencies are using available technology as an excuse to destroy our freedoms.

these things they are doing, these are unreasonable searches and seizures. there is no reason for the government to intrude on our privacy to create "patterns" of anything. well, there are reasons, but they are not reasonable. we can do without them, and the protections they pretend to create are not real, and even if they were, they are not as important to our way of life as the freedoms they intrude upon.

this behavior is just like when nixon was doing it. nixon was a fucking crook, and so is george bush. at least we were able to deal with nixon, we were able to kick that SOB out of office. now?

bush is a more obvious criminal than nixon ever was. bush has literally lied on the record about matters of national security. his administration continues to break the law and to lie about it, and his cronies are just as bad. everything he has touched has turned to shit. america is more unsafe than it was in 2001, it is more hated, it has lost more young people to war than it ever needed to, it has criminalized innocent people, held people without legal recourse, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

i heard today that law enforcement can claim (or wants to claim) that simply owning a tool that can be used for terrorism is enough reasonable cause to arrest or seize. one tool is a web browser.

freedom? what, me freedom?
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

iblieve

Post by iblieve » May 17th, 2006, 3:06 pm

I have no views on polygamy, if a man can handle several women in one house hats off to his ass, not me. Now if this man, Jeffs, does harm to young girls and boys as the media reports then lock him up and let him have his day in court. The question this piece brings to mind is this. We make a big deal out of freedom of religion, and these people believe you need three wives to get to heaven. I mean shit, that sounds serious to me and shouldn't they have the right to practice this method of immortality and favor with God. It sounds as plausible as being burned for eternity for your sin, a sin as simple as thinking dirty thoughts, ooops I'm fried, anyway the devil must not be dependant on foreign oil to keep these flames going or hell will freeze over soon. Just my thoughts and all freedom come with small print these days.

"C"
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/iblieve/9e35dd63.gif[/img]
iblieve
DARC Poet's Society.

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”