oh, heeeesterrrr....

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

Glorious Amok

oh, heeeesterrrr....

Post by Glorious Amok » November 18th, 2004, 11:24 pm

i'm about to start directing my first play, an update on Oscar Wilde's Salomé. and i have to book show dates soon. i'm thinking the first week of march...what do the stars fortell?
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » November 21st, 2004, 10:54 am

couldn't get the first week of march, so we're penciled in a little bit sooner - February 15 - 20.

ack!!! too soon! too soon!!! wait.... can we make it? maybe....

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » November 22nd, 2004, 4:59 pm

sure thing! it's 02-02-1971 and i was born in vancouver, british columbia at 9:49 pm.

that should make me an aquarius with a libra ascendant, and is it a taurus moon, as i recall? after that, there's a bunch of things in sag, lots of earth air and fire but not a drop of water!

i would LOVE to have you come sing in one of my productions sometime, unfortunately, i couldn't afford to bring you up here. but thanks for the offer, i'll definitely keep that on the shelf for the day when a bigger budget shows up for some talent like yours!

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » November 29th, 2004, 7:05 pm

Indeed it is a Taurus moon you've got. Aquarius, Taurus, Libra. What a nice set up, two very nice air influences surrounding a solid earth influence. You've got alot going for you right there.
I did for you like I did with Marc's astro data, and here's your forcast, according to your chart.
I think your venture in February will do well as long as you temper your resistances, and keep tuned into that sense of humor they point out towards the end of this report. I think they'll be some tricky energies, but I don't think they will dominate.....I think you'll grow from them.
aw heck, it's all interesting to read and consider, and keep in mind.! Enjoy, and keep me posted on the play!
H 8)

Neptune conjunction Sun: Inconvenient moments

Beginning of April 2003 until end of January 2005: This influence can greatly increase your sensitivity and compassion for the people around you and allow you to help others in new ways. It greatly elevates your concern with religion and metaphysics and makes you much more concerned about the ultimate meaning of life. You are inclined to subordinate your own drives to the needs of others, to feel that what benefits them is as important as what benefits you.

If you are prepared, you will experience this influence in the positive ways described above, but if you are not prepared you will experience the less positive effects. This influence rechannels the normal energy that your ego requires, but it is not always apparent where this energy is going. A very common reaction to this influence is fatigue, the feeling that your body just doesn't have any more energy. Or you may feel psychologically fatigued, futile and ineffectual. You may tend to be disappointed in or even sorry for yourself. Often this sense of weakness surfaces as confusion, aimlessness and purposeless actions. This is an extremely difficult influence for people who have problems with drinking or drugs. In fact, even medication that a doctor prescribes may cause problems. It is best to avoid ingesting any chemical that is foreign to the body's normal experience at this time. Your body is extremely sensitive to external influences and less able to resist strain. Be very careful about making excessive demands on your physical energy for you could become ill.

Another result of this influence is that you may be inclined to deceive others, as if your ego energy is trying to make you appear as something other than what you really are. Whether or not you choose to deceive others will be decided by your own morality, but if you do, you had better be good at it. This influence has an embarrassing way of letting the truth come to light at inconvenient moments.

You are likely to be unusually idealistic during this time. Just be sure that your ideals are rooted in reality and are not merely a device for escaping it. If they are an escape device, disappointment is almost certain.

Uranus square Mars: With a little discretion

End of April 2004 until beginning of January 2006: Watch out for impulsive actions, rash decisions and other actions that may have sudden, unexpected consequences and undesirable results in the future. You may feel that your ego is at stake in some way and that you have to assert yourself now regardless of the risk of getting involved in an accident.

There may be considerable tension with others who seem to be in your way all the time. It may be difficult to avoid disputes and "blowing up" at others. This influence challenges your sense of security and just how much you believe you can assert yourself. The more insecure you are, the more likely you are to do something rash as a way of saying to the world that you are a person to be reckoned with. Authority figures who limit your freedom of movement and self-expression are very likely targets for your rebellion, which may be through petty acts or through larger actions that could get you into difficulties. It is not that you are wrong in wanting to assert yourself, but that the ways you choose to do this are not very well considered or effective. Do what you must, but act with a little discretion.

Quite often the effects of this influence are more unconscious; that is, you will not be aware of the feeling described above. This can lead to unconscious eruptions of the energy that can be quite disruptive. Accidents that you have not apparently caused but have somehow made more likely are one outcome of this. An illness that requires an operation may be another, especially if you have really been trying to repress the energy created by this influence.

The only real answer to this influence is to try to achieve some security about who you are and what you are doing. Then you will not feel such a great need to break free and take rash and ill-considered actions. You may still feel obliged to do something that is a significant break from your normal routine, but it will not be so destructive.

Saturn sextile Moon: Family matters

Beginning of August 2004 until mid May 2005: This influence gives you a sense of discipline and self-control, which will make it easier to deal with the emotionally complicated issues in your life that you normally avoid. At this time you can deal with difficult relationships that you could not handle in the past with proper detachment and objectivity. You can reflect upon your feelings and examine them without letting them control you. Make whatever changes should be made in your personal life with confidence that you are seeing the truth clearly.

This influence enables you to build constructively upon your past and to embody its best teachings into your current life. Anything you do at this time must have a strong connection with your past life. This is not the time to make a radical break with tradition.

A related effect is that during this time family matters may become very important to you, especially matters concerning one or both of your parents. Here again the self-control that this influence confers will ensure that your family interactions are constructive. You are in better control than usual of your unconscious attitudes and the behavior generated by them, especially as regards family and loved ones.

However, along with all of this is the need to be aware of what you are doing, which is relatively easy with this influence. But if you take a passive attitude and simply let things slide by you with no effort on your part, the old patterns in your life will take over, and little progress will be made. This period is an opportunity to take conscious control in your life. Nothing will force you to do so if you don't want to, but you would lose an excellent opportunity.

Saturn opposition Mercury: Rigidity spells defeat

End of August 2004 until end of May 2005: At this time your ideas and plans may be defeated, or they may have their greatest concrete realization. In either case, you will run into considerable resistance from others to what you say. This may result in severing relationships with those who disagree with you because there is no longer any communication between you. Or it may result simply in the breakdown of communication that was once quite good.

Other people's resistance to your thinking is not intended solely to defeat you, although you may think so. You may be tempted to give up if you are not secure in your thinking and plans. But the resistance of others also forces you to give your plans clearer form and to take definite steps to implement them. This takes hard work and much heavy thinking, but the results can be quite good.

If your ideas cannot withstand the challenge or you do not have enough confidence to defend them, this is likely to be a time of self-doubt and questioning. You will seek to find out what is wrong with your ideas, and if you can be sufficiently detached, you may indeed find out what is wrong. But if you just wallow in guilt, doubt and "being wrong," you will accomplish little except to become depressed.

Although this is not an especially easy time, you shouldn't take a negative or pessimistic view of matters. There are concrete challenges to be met, and you should use your energy to recognize and meet them. Negative thinking is a form of self-indulgence that you cannot afford at this time.

One factor of this influence may be causing you problems. If you have already allowed your thinking to become too rigid and fixed, you will find it difficult to make occasional necessary compromises when you are challenged. Even with the best ideas, a certain amount of mental flexibility is necessary. Rigidity is almost certain to spell defeat, because the forces that oppose you will become equally unbending and rigid.

Jupiter conjunction Uranus: A sudden windfall

End of November 2004 until beginning of August 2005: This is a time of surprises and sudden opportunities. And you will strive now for a kind of freedom you have never known before.

The most negative aspect of this influence is reluctance to live up to your responsibilities. Be careful that in your desire for freedom you do not let people down who are really counting on you. On the other hand, you have to strike a balance between the demands that others make on you and your need to be yourself.

At the same time, this influence arouses your idealism. You find it very hard to accept sordid or unjust conditions, either in your personal surroundings or in the outer world. For this reason you may become involved in a reform movement or group that works to change social conditions.

But this influence can work out in an entirely different manner. It may mean a sudden break or opportunity from an entirely unexpected quarter - a sudden promotion, for example, a sudden windfall or a sudden encounter with someone who proves to be beneficial to you. These are just a few of the possibilities. It is difficult to say exactly which of these might occur, because this is a very erratic influence.

Another effect of this influence is that it can open your eyes to new possibilities. Its consciousness-expanding nature can help you see situations from a totally different angle, and you may think of solutions to the problems that you have had to face. Often these will be radical solutions that you would usually be afraid of, but this influence gives you the confidence to try them.

Whatever the effects of this influence, you can expect a sudden broadening of the scope of your life and the opportunity to encounter life from a new, richer and broader perspective. This may come about through a major transforming event or through a series of minor ones that collectively have a large impact.

Jupiter trine Sun: A sense of humor

End of November 2004 until mid August 2005: This is such a pleasant influence that you may be inclined to sit back, enjoy it and do nothing. However, this is really a very important time in your life because you can reach out into new areas of life and have new and rewarding experiences. Your creative potential is enormous at this time, and you can very easily accomplish a great deal that would be difficult at other times. Your inner energies are strong, and you are full of self-confidence and the feeling that you can do anything.

This influence usually indicates good health and a feeling of well-being, although you may be inclined to put on weight if you are not careful. You may not feel inclined toward physical activity, but it would be a good idea to get some exercise. Make a particular effort to be outdoors. Hiking is a very beneficial activity at this time.

If you are inclined to physical activity, especially athletics, don't take foolish risks through overconfidence. This influence tends to make you overestimate your energies.

This is an excellent time for all financial matters. You will feel like making your surroundings appear more elegant, and you may spend quite a lot of money doing so. This is perfectly fine, and you should think positively in all ways, but don't let this concern with material acquisition blind you to some very real possibilities for inner growth.

Travel, either physically or mentally, often accompanies this influence. Take this time to broaden your understanding of the world around you. You have a strong interest in ideas that are different from what you normally know and encounter, and you are much more tolerant of different ways of living. Even people's usually irritating traits do not bother you at this time. Also your sense of humor is much greater than usual, and you can appreciate the dance of life in all its glory.

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » November 29th, 2004, 11:38 pm

holy crap! thank you so much hester, i was obviously overdue for a forecast as in-depth as this.

i love the way it ends, "and you can appreciate the dance of life in all its glory." that suits me to a perfect T! it's also very comforting to know that i've been making some good choices, i feel like i'm on a strong path now.

and now, i'm going to go read it again...

Return to “Mystic Arts”