Weekly Horoscopes

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » April 11th, 2010, 3:28 pm

HP; Nice to see you've played some cards!
The cards themselves are indifferent to personal issues. It is frustrating, I agree, because many times messages are personalized and or people try to interpret them for answers to their problems, issues and or beliefs. Make sure your self definition of indifference to this is not limiting though!

1 Seven of wands. Self-needs and the needs of others. Are you in defense of your beliefs on this? You may always be, but you have the upper hand due to your deconditioning so relax. (I wouldn't call it antithesis.)
2. The Emperor suggests domination and sits in the position of energy over you right now. Interesting that it's domination. A forced/paid result is never very useful or fulfilling. Keep this in mind as a constant reminder.
3. Three of hearts. Romantic love and violence. Patriarchy's paradox. Love and "power over" cannot exist. This card is in the position representing energy above you, out of your reach, a general influence. Clouds in your sky drifting by....
4. Three of Pentacles. I'm guessing you might be getting ready to market something? Some project you've been heartily committed to coming to fruition, getting praise, is there worry that the market will corrupt the integrity of your wares? The positioning of this card serves as encouragement to go ahead. Do it. The time is now to do something and have it well received.
5. The Hierophant is in the position of being behind you. One of the best positions for the Hierophant as it suggests some conditioned barrier that was deeply ingrained has been knocked down. A reduction in self captivity lesson. Congratulations.
6. The Queen of Pentacles. Positioned in the "now" or "soon to come" position, the Empress of the Lower Arcana. Uniting body and spirit, less emphasis on one or the other as they no longer singly serve you as well.
7. Page of Swords, in this position indicates how you are feeling.
This particular page is a revolutionary. But, is he truly who he believes he is or have his beliefs alienated himself from who he really is?
8. The Hanged Man! (I often get this card in the 7th position.) In the 8th position it's more an indication of how others see you. The hanged man of course hangs in surrender to wisdom. The upside down perspective he has can produce intense relief. Others may be telling you not to take a risk right now.
9. The five of Cups in the paradox position. What you don't want yet you struggle with it intruding. Five of cups. Despair, i.e. focus on losses. Rather than focus on the two cups still left to fill. Despair can trip anyone up if they let it.
10. Your final card, outcome card, seven of Cups. This cards warns of the danger of becoming a self-styled guru. However, it also is the card of mystical experience, as Waite says about this card, an inspirational vision seen "in the glass of contemplation". This is a good time for making a right choice.

So i've thrown a few things down for you to ponder I hope. From my limited perspective of you I'd say that you are self migrating to a place somewhere beyond soldier and revolutionary but still held back by both mindsets to a degree, mostly out of wanting to get along with people.
Go for it man.
HP 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

Non Sum

Post by Non Sum » April 12th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Hi Hes,
I want to thank you for giving me a glimpse into your interpretive approach. I’m sorry if I’m being dense, :( but could you elaborate a bit on a few of your comments?

HP: 2. The Emperor suggests domination and sits in the position of energy over you right now. Interesting that it's domination. A forced/paid result is never very useful or fulfilling. Keep this in mind as a constant reminder.

NS: Not at all sure what I’m to keep in mind here? “Forced/paid result”?

HP: This card is in the position [#3] representing energy above you, out of your reach, a general influence.

NS: I took position 3 to be: ideal aim, best outcome; and on another lever: conscious environment as opposed to #4’s opposing unconscious environment. What does “energy above you” mean? What “energy”?

HP: The positioning of this card [#4] serves as encouragement to go ahead. Do it. The time is now to do something and have it well received.

NS: This position interpretation seems different too. I took it to be: Recent past, basis or foundation of the matter at hand? The 3 of Pentacles I then saw as past planning and skilled labor that is foundational to…

I much preferred your take on 5’s Hierophant, and 6’s Queen of Pentacles, over that of my own. Helpful!

HP: This particular page [of swords] is a revolutionary. But, is he truly who he believes he is or have his beliefs alienated himself from who he really is?

NS: This is a new interpretation to me, the Ryder deck, and anything else that I’ve seen. Do you have a source that I should add?

Do you bother with reversals? I’ve never done so, since my shuffling seems too chaotic to make a reversal something particularly unique.

HP: 9. The five of Cups in the paradox position.

NS: Always took #9 to be ‘hopes & fears.’ I suppose the two together are rather “paradoxical.” I’d never seen that before, but it does appear to work. I’ll adopt it alongside of ‘hopes & fears.’ Thanks.
I also find your take on this rather negative card (5 of Cups) to be excellent, as is your explanation of the 7 of Cups.

HP: From my limited perspective of you I'd say that you are self migrating to a place somewhere beyond soldier and revolutionary but still held back by both mindsets to a degree, mostly out of wanting to get along with people.

NS: Always best to try to “get along,” and ‘play well,’ with others. I’ve done very well over the years with getting (more than) “a little help from my friends.” You yourself are a good case in point, in this generous assistance in learning Tarot. Thank you, gracious lady; much appreciated. :)

No, There’s nothing of the “soldier or revolutionary” in me, quite to the contrary I’m more the social dropout. I’m happy to see the world march off to its own drummer, while I stay at home to play all day in an independent way. Granted soldiers and revolutionaries are only playing too, but it’s no game of mine. What’s your game(s), if I may ask?

Like they say in the detective stories, when the cop gives a witness her card: “If anything at all (relevant to Tarot) should come to mind, please don’t hesitate to give me a call.”

Do you ever do any other spreads? I’m wondering about the 3 card spread: past, present, future; though, I’ve yet to give it many tries.

A fitting card for me (with the emphasis on its positive aspects, hopefully) is:
NS (Night-of Swords)

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » April 18th, 2010, 11:24 pm

Whew! Just got home from throwing Stella an 18th birthday party in Astoria Oregon. It was swell! Has kept me quite the busy....

NS; No, There’s nothing of the “soldier or revolutionary” in me, quite to the contrary I’m more the social dropout. I’m happy to see the world march off to its own drummer, while I stay at home to play all day in an independent way. Granted soldiers and revolutionaries are only playing too, but it’s no game of mine. What’s your game(s), if I may ask?

HP; Spoken like a true revolutionary in some folk's eyes. I myself can relate to your stance absolutely. My game is to keep playing and observing, with fascination.

NS: Not at all sure what I’m to keep in mind here? “Forced/paid result”?
HP; By energy I mean...I dunno what I mean. No really, it's more like an influence over you but more in a global sense in position 2. (By forced/paid result I mean a result garnered via a bias or by power plays.)

NS: I took position 3 to be: ideal aim, best outcome; and on another lever: conscious environment as opposed to #4’s opposing unconscious environment. What does “energy above you” mean? What “energy”?

HP; I go with 3 as unconscious energy and 4 as conscious energy. For me the number 5 position is to the left of the 1st card and represents past experience. (Lessons learned/lived) The 6th position is what is now or almost now. (Card 6 and 10 are related to one another in that one can lead to the other)

NS: This is a new interpretation to me, the Ryder deck, and anything else that I’ve seen. Do you have a source that I should add?

HP; [Re: Page of Swords] No source really, just myself and my interpretation of things I've read through the years, and things I've come to understand after having done many many readings. Mostly, I aim to read spreads in the moment and drop what I know. I believe this approach leaves the door open wider for possible flashes of insight.

NS; Do you bother with reversals? I’ve never done so, since my shuffling seems too chaotic to make a reversal something particularly unique.

HP; No I don't bother with reversals, I just turn them upright as that is their outcome in the bigger picture anyway.

NS; Do you ever do any other spreads? I’m wondering about the 3 card spread: past, present, future; though, I’ve yet to give it many tries.

HP; Three card spreads are very useful but from what I can tell they are more for immediate matters. I do them off and on as needed, they have been very helpful to me at times. If you do one please let me know what comes up, it would be interesting to see. Plus I really enjoy this discussion.

A fitting card for me, HP. That's easy. High Priestess!

H 8)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 19th, 2010, 1:11 am

Happy Birthday to your Stella darlin' Hester!
I've been checking the weekly horoscope and keep reading this thread. My girlfriend dabbled in a bit of tarot cards and would lay them out across my table and decide which of the two guys were in the cards. Was a fantastic way to spend time together.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Non Sum

Post by Non Sum » April 20th, 2010, 9:58 pm

Hi Hes,
Yes, happy 18 to Stella. Though, I’d hate to repeat that year myself, it would be nice to be wearing an 18 year old body once again.

HP; I go with 3 as unconscious energy and 4 as conscious energy.

NS: That seems counter-intuitive to me – having the ‘conscious’ beneath, and the ‘unconscious’ above. In astrology, what falls below the horizon (nadir) is ‘un,’ and above the horizon, of the mind, (zenith) is the ‘conscious.’ But, you’re right imo to go with your own instincts, since it is ‘your’ reading and interpretation that you must deal with, and not someone else’s.

HP: For me the number 5 position is to the left of the 1st card and represents past experience. (Lessons learned/lived) The 6th position is what is now or almost now.

Ns: Okay, I’m with you on this one. Somewhere, not too long ago on the internet, I found an interpretation of these two reversed (5 = now/soon, 6 = past). It seemed surprising, and also counter-intuitive. I wonder if left-to-right has something to do with the direction we read English in? Perhaps, a right-to-left reading language would favor this reversal of 5 & 6?

HP: Mostly, I aim to read spreads in the moment and drop what I know. I believe this approach leaves the door open wider for possible flashes of insight.

NS: That may work for someone with natural intuition/e.s.p. gifts, such as yourself. I’ll probably have to keep leaning heavily on a crutch of standard interpretations, while attempting to reserve some free space for the off-chanced news flash to land. That’ll be like the space I keep, clearly marked, in my backyard for: “Alien parking only,” and just as busy.

HP: A fitting card for me, HP. That's easy. High Priestess!

NS: Just as I thought: “Guardian of the Unconscious.” Are you “patient” as well?

HP: If you do one please let me know what comes up, it would be interesting to see. Plus I really enjoy this discussion.

NS: As do I.
I took a stab at it earlier today, and received:
1. Knight of Wands, 2. 4 Cups, 3. 2 Cups
I cut the deck for a confirming card, and got ‘VI’. That certainly put a lock on the 2 of Cups! As always, I’d be curious to get your spin.

There’s a 3 card site that deals them for you at: http://www.white2000.com/tarot/tarot_3.htm . I’ve no doubt that you, like myself, prefer to handle your own deck. I just thought that you’d find it to be interesting.
The best of cards to you, NS (Not Suitable)

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » April 24th, 2010, 12:18 am

Well glory be it's Friday night and I am free for a couple of days of no things. Finally had a chance to take a look at your cards.
But first;

NS: That seems counter-intuitive to me – having the ‘conscious’ beneath, and the ‘unconscious’ above. In astrology, what falls below the horizon (nadir) is ‘un,’ and above the horizon, of the mind, (zenith) is the ‘conscious.’ But, you’re right imo to go with your own instincts, since it is ‘your’ reading and interpretation that you must deal with, and not someone else’s.

HP; I don't see that the Tarot and Astrology are related and therefore I'm not convinced that the terminology you've cited necessarily applies. Intuition tells me that in Tarot language, the unconscious is above, the conscious is below. Either way it's up to the person, what feels more right.

NS: Just as I thought: “Guardian of the Unconscious.” Are you “patient” as well?

HP; Patience has such a fine reward it's one of the easier things to strive for. I have my moments.

NS; I took a stab at it earlier today, and received:
1. Knight of Wands, 2. 4 Cups, 3. 2 Cups

HP; Knight of wands in the past. To quote the Feminist Tarot regarding this card, "the mood of the horse is a key to the character of the rider" Some sort of ripple or wave has run it's course for better or worse. The reward perhaps has been improved insight.

4 of cups in the present. Reflection, immobilization, discontent. But often manifests in clearing the circuits and self-grounding.

2 of cups in the future. Interpersonal growth! Nice card! A Vow to harmonize and balance yourself. You know it won't always be easy.

Nice little 3 carder. I'm gonna go check out the link you provided. I'm gonna do a three carder there and will come back and report.
I feel happy for you after looking at your cards!

H 8)

Non Sum

Post by Non Sum » April 26th, 2010, 8:54 pm

Hi Hes,
HP: To quote the Feminist Tarot regarding this card

NS: That there’s a “Feminist Tarot” was news to me. I see that there are even ‘feminist’ decks that have only female figures on all the cards. You’d think they’d want to at least keep the Devil as a male figure.

I appreciate your reading of my 3 card spread. I wasn’t getting much from it, by myself. Your take took; fitting in well with what I was looking for, thanks.

HP: I feel happy for you after looking at your cards!

NS: Me too. :D
Now, if only I could learn to “look at my cards” with anything close to your ‘looking’ ability. :shock:

I’ve been doing a little reading about Tarot on the web, and was surprised to see that C.G. Jung actually found it useful in his clinical analysis. He felt that the deck reflected the archetypes very well. He has a paper on it somewhere that I hope to track down.

How’d your web reading go for you?
NS (Needs Studying)

SadLuckDame

Re: Weekly Horoscopes

Post by SadLuckDame » September 25th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Verticle Oracle card Cancer (June 21-July 22)
As I stood by the creek at dusk, the silhouette of a woman in a kayak came flowing my way. The last crease of the orange sun hovered on the horizon behind her. I spied the reflection of the planet Venus shimmering in the violet water before I saw it in the sky. The temperature was balmy. A translucent spider floated nearby at the end of an airborne silk strand. Nine geese in v-formation trumpeted as they soared overhead. When the woman got close enough for us to see each other's faces, she addressed me. "We win!" she exclaimed jubilantly, then paddled onward. I agreed. We were basking in a great victory, paradise having temporarily descended into our midst. This is the kind of triumph I expect you'll be capable of achieving several times over in the coming week.
Always checking, lol.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Mystic Arts”