How to step inside a Mirror

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

Traveller13

How to step inside a Mirror

Post by Traveller13 » April 17th, 2005, 11:31 am

For this, you'll need something that writes on Glass.
wet charcoal maybe,
or a paintbrush.
more experimented souls can use a plain magic marker.
the important thing here, is to be in mental contact
with the true nature of the ink or pigments you'll be laying out.
thus if you're really talented you won't be needing any ink at all.

you'll also be needing a place devoid of outer disturbances.
for other people's observing or mindcreations will have an influence on the experiment, and will inevitably cause the experiment to fail.

and most importantly, you'll be needing yourself.
to find yourself, many techniques are avaliable
but most of them are just placebos.
many people have their own way of doing it, so the most sensible thing to do would just be using yours...

once you have found something to write with, a place where you are the only one to be expressing, and yourself, you may carry on to the active phase of the experiment.

place yourself in front of the Mirror
and start tracing it's inline on the Glass surface.
tracing your inline, materially speaking, is the same as tracing your outline.
but instead you'll be concentrating on the space surrounding your reflection, instead of your reflection itself.
look inside the Mirror.
instead of drawing your elbow against the wall, draw the wall against your elbow.
never look "directly", be constantly focusing on the void surrounding the objects rather than on what you term to be the objects.
it is advised that you finish by tracing the head.
once you have traced an inline as closely to perfection as you possibly could, discard the drawing material and approach the Mirror.
if you are focusing correctly, you shall see a gap appear in front of you, which has the shape of your inline.
keep moving in; if you let yourself get overwhelmed by excitement or fear or wonder, the gap will close automatically. thus, if you feel those emotions arising, accept them instead of fighting them or indulging in them. Repression and indulgence are reactions, whereas acceptance is the absence of reaction. In a state of acceptance you are receptive to the world around you instead of constantly agressing or reshaping it.
Not being in a state of acceptance is dangerous at this point.
if you manage to stay focused in this state of mind, and to stay in control right until you pass on to the other side of the Mirror, the final challenge would be wether you should turn around or walk backwards to where you came from before you lose control. for once on the other side of the Mirror, behind the glass surface shall await your own death, and you'll feel it's icy breath on the nape of your neck, as well as all the fears that lie within you.

if you manage to turn around and face it, and live, you shall discover that you have no Reflection, that you are the Reflection, and a very powerful knowledge shall be unveiled to you.

[This probably isn't the final version. You can try the experiment, let alone take the text seriously, or not, if you like. It was supposed to be a story about drawing on mirrors, and everything just popped out. I did all my best to purify all the useless bits and pieces and leave only the original vibe I was writing from. I might try the experiment one day, if I dare, although the best way to use this text is to read it and take it seriously, without thinking in terms of "is this true or not". But that's just my humble opinion.]

Jx.
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » April 17th, 2005, 5:18 pm

when walking backward ....
I recommend sticking a little bendable rearview mirror on yere shoulder.

Sure do like your post here traveller.....twas a fine trippy trip indeed....

H 8)

Rat Bag

Post by Rat Bag » August 5th, 2005, 8:27 am

I wish you hadn't included that part in square parenthesis at the end but I'm going to try this experiment in all open-mindedness and disbelief-suspension as though the square parenthesis part had never been included. Because I can. But I suspect that having you, the deliverer of the idea, admit openly that this is just imaginary may spoil the oportunity for those who probably shouldn't be trying this anyway, which is probably a good thing, which probably means that the square parenthesis part is good. Fuck it! I go around in circles.
This is the centre of the universe.
My tribe is gathered around me.
Behold me.
I AM.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 5th, 2005, 8:54 am

As the Jefferson Airplane said "Go Ask Alice I Think She'll Know".
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 15th, 2009, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 6th, 2005, 2:19 am

{the phenomenology of internal time consciousness}

Husserl is fond of brackets

I been reading the book for maybe thirty years, pick it up now and then, I think I was about page 180 the last time. But I have not picked it up or a while. So much Greek and Latin it stops me cold sometimes. Babelfish don't do latin. :x

Honk honk
There was a book called Go Ask Alice back in the seventies.

"and the ones your mother gives you don't do anything at all."
reminds me of the guy in prision who went to jail for taking a picture of a "17 year old drug whore" :cry:

Traveller that was awesome
thinking about a game my big brother and I used to play when we were kids.

Clean and mean, good job.

Return to “Mystic Arts”