i cast a spell

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

jimboloco

i cast a spell

Post by jimboloco » July 29th, 2005, 2:30 pm

by the way i did a dirtylittle thing yesterday. I lit some incense, took the last of my fake bush-cheny crazy money and burned it in the fireplace and burned the corner of the coat of my Bush talking doll, it stays on top of one of my bookcases, has a VVAW button on his little coat.
wonder what will happen. my best scenario would be that he have a eureka experience, kind of the same odds as the lottery.

"i know how hard it is to put food on your family!"
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 1st, 2005, 7:15 am

I just lost a hours work, posted here and lost it, forgot to login or whatever, no idea what went wrong.

oh well

Maybe the next time he chokes on a pretzel he will have a near life experience and break on through to the other side.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 1st, 2005, 7:38 am

Going to try it again, not much time left before go to work

The Raiders of The Lost Arc, like he wants that Jewish mighty smighty god on his side. He has that hard core of christainz zombies to do his bidding. Can they swing another election for him? I don't know much about this new church that started up in the Astrodome in Houston, but I think they got about 16,000 people attending on sundays.

My father stone cold Jewish Atheist, but the women in my family loved that patriarchial god of their mothers. I had no religious training at all, my father would not have it. Not even a bar mitzva. I know nothing about the religion, but I remember this. No one in my family ever told me i was going to go to hell if I was bad, or heaven if i was good. Dead was dead no talk of afterlife, the future was not mine to see. Not sure if this is normal for Jews, or just peculiar to my family. So I picked up a book for a quater at the Randolph Area Thrift Store called Basic Judaism, by Martin Steinberg.

Chapter VI Judaism on Jesus

Whose Jesus are we talking about? Is it the supernatural Christ of the Byzantine and Roman Churhces who is so much Gad as to be man scarcely at all, or is it the flesh and blood Nazerene of Hicksite Quakerism or Unitarianism who is so very human as to be God little more than any other mortal?

The query is unanswerable for the reason that there is no one Jesus but many, according to the number of churches in Christendom. But let us circumvent the impasse by recasting our question. Let us ask: “What do Jews think of the Jesus of the Gospels?”

Even this inquiry is less simple than appears. The four Evangels are by no means at one in their portraiture of the Nazerene. Even when their discrepancies are overlooked and they are sometimes grave, other difficulties remain.

“Jesus was not a Christian; he was a Jew. He did not preach a new faith.”

In only a few respects did Jesus deviate from the Tradition, and in all of them, Jews believe he blundered.

He would seem to have claimed to be the Messiah foretold by the prophets as the inaugurator of God’s kingdom on earth. The condition of the world since his advent has never impressed Jews as justifying such an appraisal of him.

Again Judaism is jarred by the world-weariness he displayed, his indifference to social affairs and day-by-day living, his absorption in life after death in the Messianic Era. This temper in him is easy to account for. Together with many Jews of his time he seems to have been convinced that the end of the old order of nature and society was at hand, that a new and ideal age was soon to be inaugurated. What is more he expected this cosmic revolution in the lifetime of his followers

Of course he was unperturbed by the tyranny of the Roman Empire. “Render unto Mussolini…”

But will not Jews accept him, if not as a prohet, then at least as a perfect man, an ideal for all to imitate?

That too is not tenable. The sober truth is that Jesus spiritual hero that he is, is not perfect.. The ideal Jesus of the Christian of the Christian imagination is actually an idealization, achieved by an unconscious but judicious selection from New Testament incidents.

Finally, there are at least traces of chauvinism in him. When a Cananite woman pleads with him to heal her daughter, he responds: “It is wrong to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.” He declares explicitly: “I am not sent except to the lost sheep of the House of Israel” ………And he plainly instructs the Apostles not bear his message to non-Jews

Are the miracles reported of Jesus in the New Testament irrelevant or integral to his message: that he raised the dead, walked on the water exorcised demons who entered a herd of swine which then straightway rushed over a precipiceinto the sea, that he was born of a virgin, that having been dead three days he came to life again and mountedup to heaven? What is one to make of the conclusion of higher criticism that the Gospel books are to a considerable degree propaganda pieces each of which shows traces of seeking to establish a thesis? But if some of the New Testament is suspect as to credibility and another part for tendentiousness what portion what portion of it shall be accepted as factual?

Let us however suppress all such misgivings. Let us take the Gospel story as it stands, strain out of it the episodes that relate of wonderworking, and then ask what Judaism has to say of the Jesus who emerges, who is incidently the Jesus of many liberal Christians.

To Jews, that Jesus appears as an extraordinary beautiful and noble spirit, aglow with love and pity for men, especially for the unfortunate and lost, deep in piety of keen insight into human nature, endowed with brilliant gift of parable and epigram, an arden Jew moreover, a firm believer in the faith of his people, all in all a dedicated teacher of the principles, religious and ethical of Judaism..

But is he not something more than a teacher? Should he not be taken for a moral prophet also one who is promulgated

I lost the rest

I don't know if steinberg knows what he is talking about.

I know this I put a beatiful woman in an untenable position, an abortion was the last thing she needed. She found some comfort by resting her head on her saviors breast. I owe him much for that who ever what ever he is. I only had one dream from which I awoke and thought I had seen Jesus. And he was a black man. I got down on my knees one night with blood stains on my underwear and prayed for a nights sleep. Then only thing that saved me from becoming Bush like jesus freak was LSD and Nietzsche, stayed up for the whole trip reading him with the words crawing across the page like black worms.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 1st, 2005, 8:01 am

but then again
if it was not for the acid she probably would not have needed the abortion.

Our romance existed between two movies, The Trip and The Last Tango In Paris.

She was intrigued by the love making sceene in The Trip, so we did. But I got so involved in fucking a black widow spider I stayed in too long and lost the condom.

God dam me
her perfect lover turned into the worlds greatest fuck up.

Return to “Mystic Arts”