This is the centre of the universe.
My tribe is gathered around me.
Behold me.
I AM.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 3rd, 2005, 8:32 pm

oh yes
no fear
and they said the begining of wisdom is the fear of god.
Immediately after the blast, J. Robert Oppenheimer quoted Vishnu from Bhagavad Gita: "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
http://www.paradise-engineering.com/brain/
that bit in the bible about the tree of knowledge, We have bit into that wormy apple and out of the this tree pound universe
what has god wrought?

"I ain't going to study war no more"
http://home.earthlink.net/~denmartin/tpu.html
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 7?v=glance

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » August 4th, 2005, 1:55 am

Very afraid ratbag.
Very.

You are God too, Ratbag.

Wanna hang out sometime?

:D

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2005, 3:56 am

did not mean to frighten anyone, just looking at the down side of being god.

yes you are ratbag you are god. I get so hung up in that patriarchial god of my mothers it is difficult to break on through to the other side, When I can see God in everything I am on the beam.
What I want to know is why Adam ate from the tree of knowledge, such vanity, he should have plucked a peach from the tree of life.

I even believe people who don't believe in God are God.

Thank you rat bag, please don't let me scare you off, just a crazy old fucking fool.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 4th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Fuck God. That's a three letter word derived from twenty-six letters called an alphabet given a sound that vainly attempts to define a presence which is no thing, formless and without beginning or end. I am none of these, but only a borrower of the infinite for an indefinite time. Who among us can capture love and distribute it among others? We can only gift others of what love has become within us, and we are all unique likenesses of one love - most of whom fear not "god" but freedom from the ego which limits love by the ego's limitation of understanding that which is beyond matter.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2005, 1:32 pm

It is easier for me to deal with the god thing by just saying there is nothing other than god. Hell I just saw god in a bird bath.
Last edited by stilltrucking on August 4th, 2005, 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 4th, 2005, 1:32 pm

I was reading yesterday about Wholism. Ever heard of it?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 4th, 2005, 2:10 pm

Wholism... new one for me, Dor'. What can you tell me about it? Or should I just google it? Yeah, I'll google it. TY

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 4th, 2005, 3:02 pm

It's pretty cool, really.

http://wholism.org/

Except for the fact that you're supposed to dress all in one color and wear an emblem of the earth (which they call Gaia) around your neck with the word "Home" underneath it and believe that every time you eat something you are literally eating the body of God. :shock:

LOL! :lol:

Other than all that, it's pretty darn cool. I was liking reading about it. Intriguing concepts ..... some of the stuff I've written about myself because I've thought that way myself.

Check the link out.

There are many other links, too, if you google it.

Let me know your thoughts after you read a bit about it, OK?

Thanks!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 4th, 2005, 11:42 pm

Damn! "you're supposed to dress all in one color and wear an emblem of the earth (which they call Gaia) around your neck with the word "Home" underneath it and believe that every time you eat something you are literally eating the body of God." gadz....

That kinda shit turns me off, but I have a well-oiled switch. It comes on just as quick. :wink:

e_dog

Post by e_dog » August 12th, 2005, 2:20 pm

mtmynd wrote:Fuck God. That's a three letter word derived from twenty-six letters called an alphabet given a sound that vainly attempts to define a presence which is no thing, formless and without beginning or end. I am none of these, but only a borrower of the infinite for an indefinite time. Who among us can capture love and distribute it among others? We can only gift others of what love has become within us, and we are all unique likenesses of one love - most of whom fear not "god" but freedom from the ego which limits love by the ego's limitation of understanding that which is beyond matter.
God is not a three letter word. God is a four-letter word. [YHVH] The word is unprounouncable or, at least, as yet unprounounced. But God is not a word. God is the word. Or, the word of God is the word.

He who does not fear God does not know his own ignorance. He who does not kneel, lies.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 12th, 2005, 3:26 pm

wow. dog... really? are you sure of what you write here?

I'm sure of what I had written - g-o-d, one, two, three letters.

the spirit that I have confronted
has no mouth to speak
as a flower speaks not
but only emits the fragrance
which we in turn name.

those that fear the love of god
shall never know their own love
therein lies the lies made into word
by those that fear truth and freedom

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 12th, 2005, 3:59 pm

yeah, cecil... when I found the part about dressing all in one color, I cringed.... really strange...

but still

The concept of Wholism is pretty cool -

"WHOLISM is based on the principle that God is the Whole. Nothing exists outside of God, or God would not be the Whole. Wholism teaches that you are a part of God, but that God is the whole of you. "

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 12th, 2005, 5:38 pm

"WHOLISM is based on the principle that God is the Whole. Nothing exists outside of God, or God would not be the Whole. Wholism teaches that you are a part of God, but* that God is the whole of you. "
[* wouldn't the word 'and' better describe the dualism described..?]

I can wholly support that... but I will never be a Wholist! There will always be (because there always has been) a part of me that prevents me from being a whole... altho I've been called an a-hole many a time, that too, is insufficient, for I don't wholly stink, but only in part. Perhaps I will refer to myself as a Partist, but that too, is apart from what I feel I am. But if I am a part of the whole and the hole swallows all the parts, in summation that may be called a "Black Wholist".

[Excuse me, Dor', for my digressions, my obsessions and my transgressions, but they may be my only regressions amongst my possessions that offer no suggestions... :wink: ]

e_dog

Post by e_dog » August 12th, 2005, 10:29 pm

freedom, like the flower
whose fragrance fades in time
and dissolves into chemicals
with the gaze of reason,
is an illusion. fearlessness
and the security of naming
the traps we set for our own
souls, which in torment
or in repose are destined
for the void.
he who does not
fear this is like a child
eating poisoned fruit,
a drunken sailor
on the seas just before
the cataclysmic storm.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Return to “Mystic Arts”