The Fool

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

Rat Bag

The Fool

Post by Rat Bag » October 24th, 2005, 10:40 pm

Imagine if people everywhere just started 'walking off cliffs'.
This is the centre of the universe.
My tribe is gathered around me.
Behold me.
I AM.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 25th, 2005, 2:30 am

I wish Magritte was around to paint it

Rat Bag

Post by Rat Bag » October 26th, 2005, 9:30 pm

I mean, if everybody everywhere just surrendered to that "original, subtle, sudden impulse or impact, coming from a completely strange quarter" (Crowley) that is represented by The Fool.

Would it be a good thing, everyone's actions blending in harmony, or would it be mayhem?

Although The Fool is 0 (Zero), I was reading something recently that placed The Fool as the 22nd Trump, being the ultimate goal of working through the rest of the cards (archtypes).

Could this be true? Could it be that the goal is to obey that "original, subtle, sudden impulse or impact, coming from a completely strange quarter" (Crowley) at all times?

I had a dream about surrendering a while back -- surrendering completely to the whole, to the will of the whole. I wont go into details but in the dream one particular character was able to do beautiful and amazing things by simply (simple for this character at least) surrendering his complete self uncompromisingly to the will of the whole (to God, whatever). Perhaps this represents the archtype of experience portrayed by The Fool.

So what do you think? Should we be weary of The Fool, treat him with suspicion and caution? Is it safe to surrender completely or should we retain some grip on this... this... -- this whater-you-want-to-call-it -- sanity, reality, dimension~?

Do you trust The Fool?
This is the centre of the universe.
My tribe is gathered around me.
Behold me.
I AM.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » October 27th, 2005, 3:34 am

I've always been drawn to the fool's ways, right down to my very nature.
Some tarot readers and books caution about the fool, but I think it's purely out of fear.
The fool is about letting go of the conditioned self and trusting the universe to, at the very least, cushion the impact of the leap of faith.
This is way out of most people's comfort zone.
At least, that's how I see it.

The fool to me, is the most sacred card of all. It always has been since the first time I saw it......so i'm goin with it.
:)

H 8)

Return to “Mystic Arts”