Bringing extra water to the treadmill

Magic & Metaphysics.

Moderator: hester_prynne

Traveller13

Bringing extra water to the treadmill

Post by Traveller13 » July 28th, 2006, 5:33 am

I like Mystic Arts and it's been running slow, so here's another discussion theme:

How do you define spirituality?

I don't.
But I used to.
I used to mix into paganism, oriental movements (well, occidentalised versions of oriental movements) and whatever I could find (and accept).
And I used to put flags up to maintain or reshape my definition: "this is spiritual" and "that is not spiritual".
Until the day I realised that if "this" is spiritual, then so is everything else!
If Anthony de Mello's books are spiritual, then so is the dictionary.
If light is spiritual, then so is darkness.

And if everything is spiritual, what is the point in talking about spirituality?

I don't call what I'm doing spirituality anymore, actually I don't call it anything. I know it isn't new and that I'm not the first one to do that. But it's very common to let the word "spirituality" be a trap: it can make one overlook important parts of themselves.

For example I used to have animated discussions with my mother and sister about the stuff, but now I fall silent, because when I watch them talk I see the person I was a few years back, losing myself in the Light when it is only light, taking my own convictions for absolutes as one of my allies wouly say.

Of course there are still parts of myself that I consider a universal truth, opinions that I hold on to because I consider them better than the opinions of others, or by fear of letting myself take a peek in the unfamiliar world of the Invisible, where all landmarks go ka-poof. Maybe that's why I feel a bit frustrated when I listen to their spiritual discussions.

But we're on a different wavelength now. They see the source of their fears in others and try to protect themselves from the outside world, I see my fears in myself and am struggling to move in that direction instead.

Right now it's uncomfortable because I've found nobody to live my new non-spirituality with. And maybe it's just lack of confidence again but I can't do this to the end all by myself. Or maybe I can, but will I allow myself to do it?

So what do I do now? What am I hoping to get by posting this?
You tell me.

This is not a message.
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2006, 9:29 am

You tell me.
Oh I got nothing to say about that.
But I tell myself:
"I know / there is / perfection in the being / of my being, / that I am / holy in amness / as stars or / paperclip ..."
This is not a reply.

Mystic arts are timeless
never slow
never fast
on time everytime

but I am always "one step in back of myself and my slow moving dreams"

Return to “Mystic Arts”