Do you channel?

Post by MrGuilty » September 28th, 2006, 6:59 am

Who is your spirit guide?
Dead or alive?
I used to be smart

Free Rice

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 28th, 2006, 1:16 pm

mmm...no. I don't use that perfume (I'm joking).
I'm afraid of dead people except if I'm reading them, watching photos or seeing a film.
And with alive people I use to talk, listen, observe and interact in various forms with them (also read them) but as I know the name for that is not channeling.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 28th, 2006, 3:28 pm

I picked up a collection of short stories called The Unified Field Theory. but I could not afford to buy it. The title story was about a janitor who thought he understood Einstein's theories. I feel like that sometimes. A want to be scientist. I been thinking about this thing called "entanglement" Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance"

I don't disbelieve or believe in channeling, all I know about it is what I have read about it. There have so many charlatans in the field it is hard not to be skeptical.

I channel the dead in my dreams, my parents, uncles and aunts. And Joey Rosenthall, a firend of mine who died fifty years ago. I even channeled JFK and Jackie one time. During my waking hours I channel a lot of books written by hands that have long ago ceased to exist.

I did not mean to mock anyone here. Just curious. In a quantum mechanical kind of way. Channeling is spooky action at a distance for me.

I like this quote from Anne Sexton a lot. Do I channel her?

"God is not mocked except by believers"

Funny about the perfume. I remember crying cause my mother was leaving one night to play poker with her friends. She came into my room to kiss me good night. I was so unhappy but then I smelled her perfume and felt asleep with her scent about me. I wish my mother would channel my sister. So much pain and guilt she feels for her mother.

Does the Buddhist precept about right speech cover channeling I wonder.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 10th, 2006, 10:20 am

I'm not sure your topic question, "Do you channel?" and your text questions, "Who is your spirit guide? Dead or alive?," are one and the same.

In asking about channeling, I think it's important to have a common agreement in what 'channeling' is.

As far as 'spirit guide'... is this spirit the same as someone that who once was and now is no longer except for his/her words that echo within one's own mind?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 11th, 2006, 2:13 am

Good points

I don't know Cecil

I have vague ideas of grade B black and white movies with Theremin music.
Somebody taken over by a disembodied spirit.

Nietzsche got a pretty strong echo in my mind, Freud too. I think it was because of the state of mind I was in when I first started reading them. Their word voices Acid etched on my brain.

Right now
these days
Kierkegaard been speaking to me
"A knight of faith"
And Ram Dass also
"To love and to serve"
Norman O Brown
"intellectual work for the relief of man's estate"
Buddha
"a lamp unto your self"

One night I was staring into a bare 100 watt bulb I heard a voice say to me. "Jackie Jackie"* "What do you want to know?" The tone was bemused as if he was saying, do you think I understand everything?
I think it was a Yiddish accent, But maybe it was Viennese. I thought it was Einstein or Freud. But it could have been my uncle Phil from Philly
It was about that time that my twelve year college career as a sophomore ended.

Maybe if I have a spirit guide it is the Christ Jesus. "there is One who can speak to my condition" George Fox co-founder of the Quakers, I am quoting him from memory

I ask.
Teach.

I would like to know what you mean by channeling?
I would like to learn more about it from you. Not from google. I mock you not Cecil, thank you

*The voice did not say Jackie, it said my name in Yiddish which I can't spell, sounds something like Yonkel

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 14th, 2006, 9:51 am

In my new series of paintings of 20th century artists I am trying to channel some of who they were......http://www.kurtscanadianart.com

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 14th, 2006, 7:53 pm

truck: i'll get back to you on that... i need to channel you first.

artguy: impressive works, those you've channeled. right on.

Return to “Mystic Arts”