Sunday Stream (204) ~ A Big Stack of Again

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (204) ~ A Big Stack of Again

Post by mtmynd » May 10th, 2009, 11:01 am

<center>A Big Stack of Again
(orderly but out of order)

Today is 10 May... again
Today is Sunday... again
Today is Mother's Day... again
Today the temperature is hot... again
Today I'll probably have a nap... again
Today I had two cups of coffee... again
Today I'll do some more chores... again
Today I'm sitting at this keyboard... again
Today I took my pills and vitamins... again
Today the Sun came up in the East... again
Today I fixed corn cakes and turkey bacon... again

<<<<<<<<<------- >>>>>>>>></center>

It's pretty pathetic when you see how much again goes on in your life, isn't it? Come on now, tell the truth. Again is repetition, something some folks actually look forward to in their lives ... something they can count on, to believe in, to get up in the morning.. again and again and again until one day they wake up and they just know again is not welcome. Repetition is what makes those ruts in our lives that fill with rainwater and get so muddy that we get stuck in those emotionally charged times when the sun is covered by the dark clouds of gloom and our vitamin D supplies are barely perceptible. Again we have reached a barrier of our own making and this time it seems like it's 42 feet tall and so fucking wide that it'd take a normal human being almost 39 days to go around it... but what the hell? it's better than again, this time... maybe next time it'll be new.. it'll be wonderful and exciting... again will not be in the current vocabulary, that next time.

So to circumvent again we must get beyond this current now which is not actually now at all but that again that repeats itself like one of those 1962 vinyl recordings of the Ventures, repeating a riff over and over again until you cannot ever forget it even if you move to the Wailing Wall and put one thousand nine hundred and seventy-three prayers to any slot between the ancient blocks to summon the good will of any god that will listen if only that one Venture's riff would leave your mind and you can finally return to some semblance of anything but again and again and again... you dream of places that intoxicate your imagination and people with smiles that radiate peace and beauty.. if only this weren't a dream you ask yourself in between sighs that refresh those images coming out of the innermost depths of your true being... the lure of now with again nailed to the cross with the letters 'a' and 'a' and 'n' bleeding from their centers... those three tiny droplets pooling into a pewter bowl lined in mirrored mosaics that reflect seven peregrine falcons circling all hopes and desires where shadows never reveal themselves until darkness sweeps over the mountains of your mind and the 14 candles of different colors are lit by the one question that you always return to again and again and again... and then you know.. a sudden realization like a lightning strike from above that caught you off guard and naked in the lotus position around those 14 colored candles that offered shadows that danced to music from pygmies singing in the darkest depths of africa's jungles... that again will always consume bits and pieces of the fabric of your very being like hungry moths in the night... again is a repeat of yesterday's hopes hung out on the line to dry in the noonday sun anxiously awaiting monday so again might not reveal itself.. just maybe now will intrude and bring joy and relief from the oppressive again that strikes without warning...

<center>[note: i will not write this again]</center>

cecil (again)
10 May 09

Picture of the Week (again): <center>presenting...

photo: cecil</center>

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 10th, 2009, 11:57 am

once again
a brilliant stream

gracias
for the picture too.
"you can't be any better than the worst you recognize" --- the Spinoza of Baltimore
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Artguy

Post by Artguy » May 10th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Again and again I turn my prayer wheel with 1,000 Ohm mati padme hums inside....

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 10th, 2009, 12:47 pm

I said that to a fellow who came to me for help about a week before he committed suicide.

Cecil I was not angry at you for for deleting that post I made to your board in respect to perezoso

Once again I must apologize for bring this up again because you have no memory of it happening.

And who knows
this could all be a false memory
maybe I am thinking about a movie I saw once.
Last edited by still.trucking on May 10th, 2009, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 10th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Ohm mati padme hums inside
it is to hear it in your heart that the compassion finds one

just saying it did not seem to help him much

repetition

to have that prayer wheel spinning in your heart

I pick that pitiful memory up and run with it. He was such a sweet guy, an artist a medical student. Let it be lesson to me

Remind me to pray for a listening heart.

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 10th, 2009, 4:00 pm

truck, you are kind and say so with your words that accent the meaning behind this stream.

the picture? i have an admiration that i cannot explain for the cacti and succulents this world has shown me... natural abstraction at it's finest.
Again and again I turn my prayer wheel with 1,000 Ohm mati padme hums inside...
An electrifying picture, Kurt, and one that should be seen... again and again, but not out of insistence but in awe... ;)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 10th, 2009, 6:21 pm

How do you count cacti? :lol: I also love them, and they seem to be more confortable in my dep than other plants! (A photo later!)

(a-gain & again holding hands)

saludos & gracias!!!!!!!!

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 11th, 2009, 7:25 am

"How do you count cacti?" - very carefully... ;)

"I also love them" - i'd like to see the cacti from Argentina.

I will wait for your foto, gracias, amiga mia! :)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 14th, 2009, 1:32 pm

flash-cacti for you! :lol: :wink:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 15th, 2009, 1:50 am

Gracias, amiga mia... me gusta la pictura, pero una cactus esta muy flaca... porque? ;)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 15th, 2009, 10:20 am

yeah... well, that one was a friend´s gift and now it looks somehow like a kind of survivor of last year family reunion´s not identified footstep... :lol: I tried to re-plant the rests with some difficulty and the skinny-one-with-shadow was the visible result! :roll: After some months of skinny appearence I thought it was in the risk to die, but no! :) Anyway, it does not answer my questions and I like diversity so it´s ok! :wink:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 15th, 2009, 11:18 am

I'm positivo any plant would be very happy to live with you. ;)

Gracias, amiga mia !

Return to “Sunday Stream”