Sunday Stream (1) - Foolishness of Fear

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

anniefay

Post by anniefay » October 5th, 2004, 4:05 pm

ahhh... i fear it is impossible for me to not jump on my soap box and begin raising my arms and yelling when someone speaks negatively about my Arabic friends.

For some reason writing about them yesterday left me pumped full of adrenaline and unable to sleep. The quiet of house during the night seemed to fill with an Arabic beat of foosteps moving in rhythm to a soft thrumming i haven't heard in a long time. i could savor the taste of spiced coffee on my tounge and smell the cumin seasoning permeating the house. There is the laughter and passion of the Arabic language and the music it makes simply in being spoken. This is a very rich culture and because of the tremendous problems associated with Islam there is much commentary on the problems located inside that culture. It is not a perfect world. But is is a beautiful one.

The problems that exist and are under scrutiny are justified in being so. But I hope that somehow people can see the beauty held in their love for each other, their undying loyalty and the goodness of their hearts. We will move towards that understanding... and listen to all the voices.

thanks, Cecil... for a wonderful time of remembering. My heart is very full today!

Southbound Snackyderm

Post by Southbound Snackyderm » October 15th, 2004, 3:43 pm

Cecil, reading this makes me want to become a better writer...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 16th, 2004, 12:46 pm

e_dog - that cactus is about 14 inches in diameter, with full heads.

snackyderm - thank you for your reply, it makes me want to be a better writer, too. :wink:

Return to “Sunday Stream”