Sunday Stream (174) ~ Hearing Om - Seeing Light

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

SmileGRL

Post by SmileGRL » August 7th, 2008, 1:46 pm

cecil...what a delightful picture...those shapes in the "grass" look like a cross between animal crackers and iced zoo cookies (the latter being of the south african variety and brightely iced)...i LOVE it. so to me it looks like iced animals grazing....heh!

sound...aaah! this is most definitely a yin yang thing for me. i can't imagine living my life without for example the joy music brings or the peace i feel hearing the rustle of leaves in the wind or waves rolling and crashing in the distance. and for me that pure consciousness you speak of is found in the most delicate sound rather than the most overwhelming. which is the flip side of the coin for me. too much noise derails me (proving what you're saying that it's just too much for us to take all at once)...we have a saying in afrikaans "die tor het afgeval"...translating to "the bug fell off" and the joke behind it is that all of us have a little beetle (bug) balancing on a string or a multitude of strings depending on how intelligent you are inside our heads and if we get confused, it falls off...not sure where that joke even started, but it's well known. for me there is just as much joy in silence as there is in sound, depending of course on where the bug is at that moment...haha

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 9th, 2008, 11:59 pm

cookies, huh! that's really fun to hear. so glad you love it, mj.

and speaking of fun... "the bug fell off" is really a funny saying. i can imagine hearing someone saying that and the look on their face... wow. i've never heard anything close to that comparison. you suid afrikaans... what a group! ;-)

thx much for the reply, smileGRL... as always, it's appreciated. very kind of you, friend.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 12th, 2008, 11:17 am

First encountered descriptions of the AUM when reading Joe Campbell. He excerpted the Mandukya Upanishad, which says the world of the state of waking consciousness is to be identified with the letter A of the syllable AUM; that of dream consciousness with the letter U; and deep, dreamless sleep (the state symbolized in the center of the mandala) with M.

He also said that if you want to hear the AUM, just cover your ears and you'll hear it!

Nice writing here Cecil... loved the intergalactic prose energy!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 12th, 2008, 5:04 pm

howdy, emnaz (again)! glad you enjoyed this one. sure didn't start out that way, but you know what that's like.

"... the intergalactic prose energy"

brought me a smile...

thanks for dropping in...

Return to “Sunday Stream”