Sunday Stream (189) ~ The Beginning of Beginnings and...

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (189) ~ The Beginning of Beginnings and...

Post by mtmynd » December 14th, 2008, 1:45 pm

The Beginning of Beginnings and the Absolute End
Is it really possible to begin at the beginning? We can 'start' somewhere to continue a journey... a journey that was first possible when we realized that we can. We can live. We have potential to do. Our beginning was at a point of conception in the womb. All else is a continuation of that initial conception.

I can't begin to tell you how much I've thought about. It's all been a continuation just like your own journey. We mingle a bit at the intersection of 3rd Ave & Justin before we split up and continue our own journey. Perhaps that little meeting along the way inspired something within us to make the continuation a bit more focused that it had been. That happens.

But novels and movies... stories in general all have a beginning and an end. They have to have a beginning. Where else does a story begin? Starting at the point of conception is only good for a particular type of story, but it doesn't work for all stories. Unless the original concept of the story was conceived in a thought. Then that beginning may arguably have a .. well, a beginning. But any story has to have an ending... the conclusion. Fin. No mas. Completo. But that is not life as we live it. The only ending for our journey that began at our conception is when we take our final breath. The story of our life ends. All else within our journey are, at best, chapters. Some have so many experiences that they may even have volumes. But most of us have a few interesting chapters of life in a chapbook that may have some appeal to a family chronicler. Otherwise our personal lives are but bits of energy to hopefully contribute to the overall continuation of hu'manity's journey.

As writers we do our best, give it our best shot, to describe. We're describers. Key word: Scribe. A writer, like an artist that works in illustrative images, does nothing more that describe something in their lives that is important enough to spend the time putting this special something into words that describe clearly enough to substitute the actuality with what is being written, or painted, drawn.. even sculpted or danced, played on an instrument, etc.. Art; artist; describer of both the inner and the outer thru the chosen medium of the artist.
Those that describe most accurately are the ones that achieve their potential.
Achieving one's potential. Not necessarily limited to art, but I will stay on course with art here. If the artist realizes their piece of work (or works) has risen to the inner description that they wanted to describe, that artist can smile with the satisfaction they have achieved their potential ... at least with that work (or works). The self-satisfaction of realizing one's level of potential reaching a personal pinnacle in no way guarantees a public acceptance. Artists have to accept that fact. The first writer that comes to mind is Richard Brautigan. I'm sure his overall output was self-satisfying for him. He felt he had reached his potential with his work(s), Sure, there is always some works any artist does that is far less than satisfactory, but to know which ones, to distinguish from the whole body of work those particular pieces that an artist can say to their self "Damn! I did it! That is what I wanted..." Another artist - Van Gogh... history says he never sold a painting (perhaps one). But he had to have the realization that his body of work was his personal achievement, his potential realized. He described (painted) what he saw how he saw it. He was far ahead of his time with his styling (descriptions).

I began this with 'no beginning' after the primal conception within the womb. All else is a continuation of our journey. Artists, using this theory, are conceived. Their journeys until death may not reach their full potential, at least within this lifetime. The causes of the lack of realization of potentiality is an open book of opinions and discussions that may or may not reach their own potentiality. But both the artist and the analyzer will surely attain their ending.

Our conception begins a journey thru a life of mysteries unfolding. Those that are awakened by their personal journeys are the ones most likely to achieve their potential... their self-satisfaction with interpreting their lives and what the see and how they live it thru the medium that is inherent to their individuality. Be it fine arts, writers, musicians, engineers, philosophers, teachers, doctors or garbage collectors... everyone has to find their own authenticity and respond to it in the best way they know how.
Individuals that achieve their potential conclude their journeys smiling, knowing they accomplished what they were given when their journey began.
And so completes another description from the ever flowing Stream as best I could describe. Never an ending until I witness my own ending, the Stream flows on.

cecil
14 deciembre 2008

Pic of the Week:
Talavera Pots All in a Row

cecil.b.lee - paloma, mx
Last edited by mtmynd on December 14th, 2008, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » December 14th, 2008, 3:38 pm

It's amazing how Eastern thought can help one along the ride. The focus in immediacy, the journey over destination, the idea of balance.. simple but profound ideas and themes that keep coming up. I can even think about such things as the infinity of universe without getting all freaked out... Thanks Cec. I think in the last two years especially, I've let the unimaginable barbarism of 20th Century-style human "civilization" get to me somewhat in my reflections of things I previously just buried under "going about my business"... Anyway... ramblin' on. Nice one, Cec..

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 14th, 2008, 9:03 pm

I feel like I just jumped into the journey midstream.

Thank you for the stream
it was cool and refreshing.
Beautiful pots

Artguy

Post by Artguy » December 15th, 2008, 11:32 am

Yes our birth life death cycle begins in the mothers' womb...but what about the beginning of human kind that many argue about. Did God get this gig going with 2 nubiles in paradise ...or did we climb from the primordial ooze and morph into our present form....I prefer to think there was no ultimate beginning...that something always was ...and by pure fluke...yes a role of the eternal dice ...we began...but how will it end???...or as there was no absolute beginning...will there be no absolute end???

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 15th, 2008, 12:21 pm

beautiful stream & pots Cecil!!, gracias!!!!! :D

saludos,

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 15th, 2008, 6:39 pm

howdy, mnaz... yes, eastern thought has centuries over the youth of Christianity/Islam, but a parallel between that and say, a wise man attempting to tell the young the correct path, the young, at best, will thank him but continue making foolish assumptions despite what wisdom has to say.

Life: a trial and error of not only mankind but each and every wo/man one at a time. does the collective 'we' have enough patience and good sense to endure the achingly slow evolution of lour hu'manity..?

thx for the reply!

_________

Thx, truck! I appreciate it. (thx also for the heads up on the 'who' for the 'how'... ;-))

_________

artguy! very profound question, "will there be no absolute end???"

my immediate thought on that was/is : acknowledgment of beginnings and endings are not to be asked by we hu'mans, although we are concerned... but what is asking the question also knows the answer. that is not ego but rather the 'pure consciousness' that dwells within all living organisms (and beyond..?). in other words, i would have to believe that pure consciousness is eternal or ((void)).

I appreciate the thought, Kurt. TY

_________

Vero, amiga mia! gracias a usted. me gusta cuando tu 'reply'...

((en ingles, el nombre 'Veronica' es "Roni" tambien. te gusta, 'roni' o no..?)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 16th, 2008, 9:49 pm

we already have a ronnie here! :lol: Arcadia or the V serie until now are more familiar! gracias!!!! :D

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 17th, 2008, 7:09 pm

:lol: :lol: you are correcto, arcadia. tenemos un ronnie, mas o menos... sometime tenemos un ronnie. pero, amiga mia... tenemos usted todo tiempo, y me gusta. ;)

gracias a usted!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 17th, 2008, 8:00 pm

:lol: yeah, you´re right! not todo el tiempo but quite often! You´ll rest from me during January, don´t worry! :wink:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 17th, 2008, 8:12 pm

a donde vas en enero?

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 20th, 2008, 7:12 pm

nothing special Cecil, only vacations! :lol: The plan is to bring me to the south of Brasil in the first half of the month, and to the islands in front of the city in the remaining days of January 8)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » December 21st, 2008, 7:34 am

Safe journey then Miss Arcadia!!!! :D

Return to “Sunday Stream”