Sunday Stream (241) ~ Snookermind II

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (241) ~ Snookermind II

Post by mtmynd » April 4th, 2010, 1:41 am

Snookermind II
Why do people fear the truth? If their belief systems become threatened, they assume the defensive posture. Hands held out in front of them, arms crossed across the chest, cock the hammer of the peacekeeper, (as if peace could be kept...we don't keep peace, but enter its fragrance in abandoned surrender)

People fear Truth. Actually withdraw from it. Make their own worlds out of Nature, not knowing it is Nature that is the Wisdom of Truth, all of Nature. I include the planets, the solar systems... constellations, the universe... uni-verse.

If something challenges our belief, the belief struggles for its truth...wiggling around, frustrated. Truth challenges the belief system... the belief shrivels into Consciousness... words obscure Truth.
Truth - the silence beyond mind
We have built walls around us to fence in our beliefs. Written books that have tried to convince us of our beliefs, created monetary systems that labor us, Gods that we are taught to Fear as God-fearing people. As long as we feed our fears we disallow ourselves Freedom to realize our True Nature, our authenticity, our embrace of the God that we fear so much.

We are living at odds with each other due to Fear. We are destroying our goodness, our health, our 'god-given' gift of Freedom, to be completely what we came in existence to become. Why would God give us anything less than perfect? God is perfection. God cannot do anything but with total abandoned Freedom from which the Divine Heat of Love emanates. Celebration of our potentiality, our gift to live completely, fully, wholly... Holy we become.
~~Happy Easter~~

_________
Note: This is also our son's birthday, Nathan, who as many of you know is our Down's Syndrome boy who is celebrating his 33 birthday today... a grand achievement given the many health issues he has had throughout his life. His birthday wishes are a large box of crayons, a ten-count box of mixed color markers, a large spiral bound sketch book (where he colors with his markers and crayons) and a special tee-shirt and some birthday money so he can do some shopping. He'll also be having his birthday cake (baked by me and frosted by his mom) and I'm cooking up a turkey with dressing and mashed potatoes w/gravy and whatever else he may want to go with that. We're also having our friend, Cactus Mary, the soap maker over as it is also her birthday. Our day will be full and fun. I hope yours will be the same...

cecil
4.04.10 Easter Sunday
[originally written 11/17/02]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 4th, 2010, 8:11 am

Happy birthday Nathan. I would like to meet you some day. Maybe we could play checkers or something?

Happy Easter Cecil,
I am thinking about Mark Twain's saying liars, dam liars and the church fathers. :wink:
(Mark Twain does Nietzsche?)

Thanks for the stream and picture.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 4th, 2010, 9:46 am

so beautiful Easter photo, Cecil!!!!!!!! wow!!!:D

mmm... and the day tastes delicious!!! :wink:. A big abrazo for Nate & Cactus Mary in their cumpleaños!!!

gracias for the stream & saludos!

Arcadia

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 4th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Gap

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 5th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Thanks all for stopping in.

The day went very well. After fixing Nathan his birthday breakfast, which was french toast and (2) slices turkey bacon, which made the man smile. (always good to see that!).

After clean up I fixed a cake for the occasion and SooZen did the frosting job which was good (picture below).

Then after taking some rest I began preparing the turkey for roasting. After all preps were done and it was placed into the oven breast side down @ 400 degrees (for 1/2 hour, then reduced to 350 degrees) which lasted for approx 2 hours before turning the bird over for an additional 30 mins to get a little browning on the breast side. During this turkey roast, I prepared freshly mashed potatoes, boxed stuffing with some added sauteed onions, celery and red bell pepper, and baking some biscuits, I summoned my better half to get the table readied as the meal was getting close to go.

Cactus Mary arrived on time with a neat bottle of wine, Hey Mambo!, a California white wine blend which was muy tasty!

After the meal we cleared off the table and Nate opened his gifts. He was exceptionally happy and truly enjoyed unwrapping his gifts which were more than we realized -

Nate beginning with mailed in Birthday cards with money!

Showing off one of his new tee shirts from his brother -

Proudly showing off his new black hat (his tee was from Christmas) -

... and his personal, dramatic ceremony before blowing out the candle -

So ended an unusual Birthday for Nathan and Cactus Mary -

The last three times that Easter has fallen on April 4 was 1920, 1926, and 1999.

The next three times (besides this year) that Easter will fall on April 4 are 2021, 2083, and 2094.

(amazing what you can google...)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 5th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Howdy, artguy... your GAP reminded me of this 2005 poem -

<center>the
GAP
between the
words

the
GAP
between
matter

the
GAP
between
yin/yang

Consciousness
uniting
Existence
with
Love

fill the
GAP
feel the
WHOLE
___________</center>
Last edited by mtmynd on April 8th, 2010, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Non Sum

Post by Non Sum » April 8th, 2010, 11:21 am

Hi Cecil,
Happy birthday to Nathan. Any cake left? The two of us here can only get about 2 1/2 days per Betty Crocker mix. Gas mileage keeps improving, so why doesn't anyone give us a longer lasting cake mix?

Your article brought to mynd Michael Moore's documentary about 'fear' called, 'Bowling For Columbine.' If you've not seen it, then you've missed it and should try to do better next time. :)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 8th, 2010, 4:41 pm

gracias for sharing the birthday´s photos, Cecil & hola! to Nate! :) (I have to find my own ritual for miércoles and the end of the month yet! :lol: :wink: )

saludos!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 8th, 2010, 5:05 pm

My second attemp at a reply to the pictures
I got sidetracked by the date the first reply

thank you for the pictures from the party. I wondered who had taken them you or your better half. Then I decided it did not matter. The love comes through the lens.

please pardon the multiple replies

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 8th, 2010, 7:56 pm

NS: Happy birthday to Nathan. Any cake left? The two of us here can only get about 2 1/2 days per Betty Crocker mix. Gas mileage keeps improving, so why doesn't anyone give us a longer lasting cake mix?

Thx, N(athan's) S(urprise)... and there is but one slice remaining of the birthday cake... it was that good, as cake should be, eh? As far as you cake lasting longer than 2.5 days... one must always keep in mind staleness... the bane of baked goods which makes the goods rather bad. ;)

_______

Hola, 'V', amiga mia... Gracias a usted para 'looking at the fotos'. Glad you enjoyed. :)

_______

G'day JT and thank you, too, for enjoying the photos I took. Old Nate was very thrilled on that special day, a day he had been looking forward to for at least a week prior (and driving Soo and I to the point of nuttiness :lol:) Mary also had a nice time and even got a nice amount of that turkey to take home with her for later.

I appreciate the comments, all. TYVM!

Return to “Sunday Stream”