Sunday Stream (250) ~ Shooting Stars with a Galaxy Gun

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (250) ~ Shooting Stars with a Galaxy Gun

Post by mtmynd » August 15th, 2010, 12:41 am

Shooting Stars with a Galaxy Gun
Two hundred and fifty Sunday Streams posted here since the first one which was on Sun Oct 03, 2004... that's been nearly six years that Doreen has so generously allowed me this column as my podium to philosophize, rant and bullshit as I may. I just as well could have waited until October 03, 2010 and made this an official 6th Anniversary but I just couldn't wait that long! Besides, 250 seems like a very good number... a lot of numbers strung along for the count.

I thought I'd make this Stream a special Stream but hell! they've all been special to me. You see when I first began doing these Sunday Streams was prior to October 2004. It was during the heyday of Litkicks where so many of us met and became cyber-friends, Doreen included. Somewhere in those internet dark days I made my first exploration in attempting to capture my thoughts and transpose them into words as clearly and concisely as I could... and those thoughts I chose (and to a great extent still choose) deal with my own philosophizing about some thing or another depending upon where the old head is at the time. I had absolutely no idea that these Streams would keep pouring out of my cranial cave for some 7... maybe 8 years. I have surprised myself and certainly would not have continued doing so if it weren't for readers and comments so many of the Streams have drawn, including yourself.

Curious to probably only me is that the first Stream posted here was "Foolishness of Fear"... dealing with the Muslim mindset towards women. Here I am 6 years later (and 9, since 9/11) and we in the Western world are still drawn into the Muslim discussion on various levels throughout our society, the latest news subject being the argument over our Constitutional right of Freedom of Religion and the building of a Mosque close to the event of 9/11 in Manhattan. We quite probably as a Nation have become more divided since the historical event of 9/11 which has cost our country billions and billions of dollars from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to building up the Homeland Security and our (excessive) efforts and zeal to bring some form of Democracy to the Middle Eastern Muslims... a formidable task that will never attain fruition, at least in most of our lifetimes.

We could well argue that Osama Bin Laden's attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon of 9/11/01 has ultimately left our country in financial ruin with a hugely divisive political system that does more to threaten our Democracy and our Constitutional guarantees than any which Al Qaida could possibly do alone. These societal weaknesses I see are more due to the national fears rather than any attacks imaginary or otherwise since that fateful day 9 years ago.

But all is not bleak in either America or any other countries that time will not heal. We are all entrapped in this abstract 'time' for both good and not-so-good. But time does heal that which time wounded. It's as natural as Nature can be and will continue being long after we are no longer even a remote memory in the distant events of Time.

I know I'm not alone in seeing plenty of good going on in not only the U.S., but within the world itself. This despite the climatic extremes many parts of the world are undergoing. As Nature itself is subjected to change so does all Life which Nature sustains. We will, as our hu'manity allows, recreate our world into a reality from the dreams and ideals of what we can 'see' as a sustainable, green world that invites new avenues of knowing, understanding and accepting, if not for us certainly for the future generations of this one wonderful blue planet in this tiny solar system on the edge of our minute Milky Way Galaxy spinning outwards towards what we more than likely will never fully comprehend but will have a wondrous journey of discovery. We're all welcome aboard and need to encourage our family and friends to hop on and "go to where no man has gone before..."

cecil

Picture of the Week:
Somewhere in Santa Fe

photo: cecil
Last edited by mtmynd on August 17th, 2010, 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » August 15th, 2010, 11:14 am

This untamed stream upon which I float bumping from side to side bouncing off rocks....but always ending in a calm warm pool...

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » August 15th, 2010, 6:22 pm

congratulations Cec, on you 250
I know how surprising it is to see them stack up. Here's to many more.
That's the thing about streams
they just keep rollin' along.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 16th, 2010, 3:14 am

yes.

but we're up against it.
almost blew ourselves up, nuclear annihilation, in my lifetime.

going to take some quick "evolution."
business as usual won't cut it. fuck terrorism in all its forms.
fuck willful ignorance and greed. the "green" movement is not "political,"
more like overall survival at this point. something to take heart in, actually.

thanks for the stream, cec. keep on rockin' in the free world...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 16th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Thx, artguy... and hope you did not receive any damage on those rocky bumps. ;)

Thx, eLRod... indeed, they do stack up like bricks before we know it... now what to do with all these bricks..???

Thx, mnaz... keep on rockin', indeed... there's only one destination and tomorrow is mighty close. ;)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 16th, 2010, 8:03 pm

felices 250, Cecil!!!!!!!! :D

yeah, time runs...! :wink:

saludos y gracias for another stream!!

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 17th, 2010, 8:27 am

gracias, amiga mia! ;)

Return to “Sunday Stream”