Sunday Stream (17) ~ Attainment

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (17) ~ Attainment

Post by mtmynd » January 23rd, 2005, 2:48 pm

I once wrote -

"It's time to write about passion. It's time to write about the heart. It's time to write about what lies deep within.

Drop intellect. Intellect is deceiving at times like we are living in. Intellect is opinionating - hundreds of opinions predicting the outcome. There is no outcome. Don't be fooled. Everything is seasonal, adrift in change. Intellect is a mind game that lures with control and desire... control we never truly have and desire that is never fully content. Go with the beat.

Write from the heart. There is so much more than what we believe. Write of loves. Write of passions. Write with the soul freed from the masks of make-believe. The heart will signal from within. Follow its path across the Eden of your imagination. Speak of not the temporal, but write of the mysteries. Pull gently the black veil from the goddess of truth, and reveal her perfect complexion glowing with inner beauty that arouses the passions of any living thing. Life is a gift.

Do not believe but live this gift in awe and wonder so bliss may exalt your very soul. Question not whether you deserve it but embrace life. It is yours. The mysteries are for you to know."

We are truly a strange beast. We do everything humanly possible to 'attain'. It makes no difference what we attain. Attainment is as varied as the mind allows. We all are out to attain - whether it is an experience, a feeling, a need, a hope or a wish, we are out to attain.

Attainment brings us at its best, fulfillment. It doesn't always work out that way... until the next time, maybe. We go on punishing ourselves for not attaining fulfillment, until the passion to attain burns deep within and we strike out on the journey to attainment... whatever it is that the mind screams out for.

Sometimes it is not a scream but a gentle whisper that can be heard in our moments of silence. I love whispers. Whispers are the most convincing of passions... they come from that part of us that is our most real, our most honest of places.

In our aloneness we have the promise of attainment... sometime, someplace all will be fulfilled and we will be complete. The soft whisper, the original breath, brings us visions to embrace. Words, spoken in colors of hope, in tones of trust, the shape of fulfillment becomes visible and we proceed, following the vision as it playfully introduces us to our Self... the child ego that wants so bad to become... to partake of Life as it sees, as it understands, as it believes Life to be... or should be.

To have Life be what we want it to be is but the fantasy of mind, where we have the reigns of control firmly in grip as the power of fantasy heaves us forward in gushes and rushes, the heart beating strong, breathing deeply... mind is thrilled with awe and curiosity of what lies ahead in the journey of the unknown.

Through fantasy we ride the beast of mind in hopes of attaining some level of completeness. We fantasize alone. We fantasize with one. We fantasize with others. We fantasize whenever mind takes us away. All of our journeys are our own - from birth all the way through death, we share moments, some short and others so long, but we can only speak of our own. We speak with our own mouths, our own minds, thru eyes and smells and ears that sense the Life we have and the Life we look forward to, the Life we've had, and the Life we are living. These tales pour from the mind through the same senses that gathered them. The images are our own, gathered on our journeys from others, through others and with others - we are each and everyone that lives, interconnected is some unsolvable but acceptable way.

If we fail to find the interconnection, we fail to complete. To attain is our purpose. We all are here to attain, from the freshly born child looking for nourishment, to the old and weak seeking completeness thru death... we must attain.

Desperation of attainment will not bring completeness. When our drive for attainment becomes an obsession - the only guiding light, we reduce our completeness to but a sliver of Life that barely is noticeable. We get weak and dis-eased. The stress of obsessiveness minimizes Life... reduced to darkness and shadows we no longer have joy and bliss in out lives. We only have enough spark to follow the obsession.

Obsession requires determination and conviction. The same qualities required for completeness - one side of the Whole... the dark side seemingly never ends, for the mind will not let go until it gets what it wants, at any cost including forsaking Self for ego. There is no middle ground.

It is so easy to let it all go. Why use all power to hold on to obsession? We gain so little from it. Life is not obsessive, but fully giving. Drop the mind and make full and complete love without mind. Freefall from that tightly gripped branch of obsession that has become but a thing to hang on to, that you trust to save your life... your life is so much more than that one branch... that one stem off the wholeness that is yours for the dropping. Release your grip and feel the freedom. Dis-ease begins to vaporize... contentment surrounds you like the warmth of the whisper, bathing you in bliss.

Suckle the breast of Life. Smell the aroma of desire, like freshly picked flowers whose essence cannot be held but be-held. Look deeply into the mirror of the Soul. Taste the sweet flesh pulsating with need. Feel the warmth of beauty, radiant and glowing with want. Listen to breath sigh in whispers as you are taken to completeness... wholeness... the Holy Orgasm that reunites us to our origin - the original Big Bang that shot the seed of Life into the womb of the Cosmos.

Cecil
23 Enero 2005

I don't know you... but o! how I know you.

[The attainment of beauty - I wish I had taken this picture, but alas, I 'took it' anyway...]
Last edited by mtmynd on January 28th, 2005, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » January 23rd, 2005, 6:36 pm

beautiful post, cecil!
attainment and obsession: good point
espero que te encontrés bien, saludos

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 24th, 2005, 11:18 am

Muchas gracias, Arcadia! I enjoyed writing this... let loose in the presence of the Stream, I was swept away to a place that I have not been in quite some time. :wink:

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 24th, 2005, 1:49 pm

i suddenly don't remember, cecil. Do you always talk about 'we' or are you usually 'i-ing'?

The we pulls me right back (free association time) to when a friend used to write Thought For the Day at the ADD.about.com forum. His thoughts were always results of channelings and though he wrote a disclaimer ('we' is being used, but it might not be 'you'), people didn't know how to take being told how they were.

Those posts of his, those wonderful insights were highlights.
And here you go, offering a Stream in that rich endless voice of the tuned-in heart.

The perfect complexion of beauty is clearly shown in the porcelain lady.

A soft stream - and here it is Monday. thanks

judih

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » January 24th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Attain not attaining?
heh
No that's not what's being suggested here.
I know that. My reflexes don't......

I hear what you are saying here loud and clear Cec.
It goes beyond words, yet you capture it very well.

To look at beauty, and appreciate it completely, sans the thoughts of the mind that want to attain it, or own it, or define it, or corrupt it. Those few seconds, before mind kicks in, lasting longer.

Nice Stream Cec, vulnerable, pure and true.
Some might call it crazy! Unreal!
But not me.
Thanks for these streams Cec.

H 8)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 25th, 2005, 3:07 am

Judih, bon ami, oui, it is we when such words are written, but non so personal as to include or exclude those that do not follow the stream, don't you agree..? Thx for your reply... I always appreciate hearing from you!

Hes'... it is indeed my challenge to capture in mere words those ideas that defy the experience. Thank you for acknowledging that. I, as I said to Judih, do appreciate you stopping by and sharing your input. It does me heart good!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 25th, 2005, 6:01 am

Christ is part of my mythology, I reject theology, while western man is dancing with a gorilla eastern man is throwing acid on the face of his dishonored wife. I have made some small baby steps on the path of a pilgrim, tired of the eastern western man dualities, I suppose that is one thing a kid from the heart land don't lose no sleep over anyway this just pre amble to my ramble to your streamwhich was tosuppose to be here:
>>>>>>>
'an accurate idea of the appearance of things'
I that is how I feel after looking at your drawings and poetry,
in somber a mood, some kind of classical music playing no idea what it is I just like the noise it makes, matches my somber mood, a lot of stuff about Roe V Wade in the news todays

An old Jewish story tells of a Russian Jew who was paid a ruble a month by the community council to stand at the outskirts of town so that he could be the first person to greet the Messiah upon his arrival. When a friend said to him, "But the pay is so low," the man replied: "True, but the job is permanent."
Cultural Anthropology 401
instant mythology
I am of the tribe of elephants, and you the tribe of the lion, woody allen said the sheep will lie down with the tiger and the sheep won't get no sleeep
compadre it is an odd time for me to find myself in first day school again
spending as much time with a punk as he will let me. those solitary male elephants that wander the circumferance of the herd, I got no problems with being a monad, as long as I can still write. thought about you when I read this
An old Jewish story tells of a Russian Jew who was paid a ruble a month by the community council to stand at the outskirts of town so that he could be the first person to greet the Messiah upon his arrival. When a friend said to him, "But the pay is so low," the man replied: "True, but the job is permanent."
just scrolling down and jamming as I go not sure it means anything at this point,
read on after I see the art,
It is a comfort to know beauty exists, I can seem to keep from stumbling across it in my reasearch,
this thing with scumware I try to keep a condom over my computer, but once I stumble onto sex ed 101
like this one for example
SEXUALITY:
FEMALE
EVOLUTION & EROTICA
-2nd Edition
Rhawn Joseph, Ph.D.
Neurodynamics, Brain Research Laboratory
Brain-Mind.com
Dam that was a pretty motorcycle picture at the end of it, a long scroll but worth it I found myself staring at her armpits but dam she had some pretty knees too.
just like your streams. I regret not using an emoticon with soozen, knowing my sick sense of humor I could not blame her if she thought I was being sarcastic when I wished her a happy new year,
streaming with you makes me think of log rolling
and of course her face, there are two pictures I am discussing here, yours and the one I stumbled on, do remember the picture of the collage you sent me, that was easier on an old mans eyes, this one I can hardly stand to look at, let alone read your words, oh yes obsession, obsession for life, ever breath I take it is filled with desire, to suffer is a small price to pay, bull elephants are mysterious animals unlike us, the proper study for man is mankind. as if we can know "man" as an abstraction isolated from nature.
I suppose I get closer to the holy spirit of truth when I say that for me the proper study is woman kind, their natural setting, how many children are born every x minutes to starve to death, Lust For Life, wasn't that a hollywood movie, I been trying to sublimate myself just like a lump of dry ice.
done >>>>>>>
to the old and weak seeking completeness thru death... we must attain.

Return to “Sunday Stream”