Sunday Stream (259) ~ Face...Place...Space

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (259) ~ Face...Place...Space

Post by mtmynd » November 28th, 2010, 12:38 pm

Face...Place...Space
Religions center around a person's teachings... teachings that the person has discovered on their own.

These discoveries were found thru their inward journeys... Gautama, Jesus, Mohammad - examples of three people that had self-discoveries - enlightenment that they spoke of. They spoke of their experience for all to hear, not limited to race, creeds or sects, but the whole of humanity.

Followers were attracted to their preachings of what they had found on their inward journeys. The preachings weren't the final realizations but the essences of that flower that bloomed within.

These preachings in turn became teachings... how to arrive at what they had seen... witnessed on their inward discoveries.

The followers in turn attracted many other followers thru what the first followers had gained from the enlightened ones preachings.... they were able to put those preachings into words that their followers were able to understand.

The followers became preachers and from their own followers places were needed to gather together to talk about their own respective Master's words. These gathering places became spaces that were called churches, mosques, ashrams, synagogues...depending upon what the followers were called.

What they were called were named after the original preachers... Gautama the Buddha, Jesus the Christ, Mohammed's Islam (the readiness of one to take God's orders) begot Muslim (one that takes God's orders).

Of course I'm not including any branches within... that complicates the oneness of all considerably. Each religion rules out another's religion. (the Judeo/Christian bible is combined because Jesus was born in a Jewish family)... not necessarily thru any deliberate intent on many followers, it''s just that we are all human and have only so much attention span, that we can even follow one religion is up to debate.

However, since we are human we have this propensity to place the face into a space that we define as "holy", which is not totally untrue, but misunderstood... the 'holiness' is the 'wholeness' of the original Master from which the religion sprang.

Gautama used no Temple to teach his message. Jesus used no Church to preach his message. Mohammad had no Mosque to spread his message. All these places were built later to make a statement for their followers that gave them a communal identity of sorts. These spaces dedicated to their Teachers are symbolic gifts to those whose teachings they follow.

These architectural spaces also limit the vastness of their Prophets words - putting them within walls, confining them in one area... each church having it's own name to distinguish it from the others. It becomes more and more a separation from the origin... the original message of the Master now fractured into different pieces, scattered across the country, across Nations, across the globe... bits and pieces of 'the Message" blown about by the egos of followers who have lost the meaning of the enlightened ones.

These people did not confine their message to a limited number of people. Their message is universal... for all who like and accept their placement of words describing the oneness of their inward journeys... but all their journeys, and thousands that have had the same revelations, are all about compassion (the highest form of love), giving and understanding... the complete acceptance of now, with no desire for a past that is gone nor for a future that is always on the distant horizon.

But humanity, in its eagerness to attain the states of mind that their religious leaders have taught from past leaders on down to the original Master, has succumbed to the one failure that all Masters have spoke against - desire. Humanity has desired to achieve the same enlightenment as their worshiped ones.

All those Masters, regardless of the name of the religion named because of them, have become enlightened from their own journeys, their own battles and struggles, because they, too, are human.

Their message is meant for all but unfortunately is understood by few. We all have the divine within, and each Teacher's words are but unique footprints from their own return of their Self-realizations of the Oneness of All.

The first commandment in essence says that there is but one God and there shall be no other before him. All religions are guilty of placing many idols of various descriptions before the Oneness. That Oneness is within all, not outward, not inside statues, not inside books, not bound within walls and roofs... the Oneness is not a place or a face or a space... it is the alpha/omega, the yin/yang... the absence of any thing which contains every thing... wholeness.
Freedom from All, Freedom for All

cecil
originally written: 04 july 2004

Picture of the Week:
Face... Place... Space

Artguy

Re: Sunday Stream (259) ~ Face...Place...Space

Post by Artguy » November 29th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Ya every time I walk into one of those architectural wonders I have to remind myself of the source. Some of them are so beautiful I almost believe. In Montreal there is a slightly smaller version of the cathedral notre dame sans hunchback. It is where we Canadians have the funerals of our hockey stars, whom we worship like gods. I think we have taken up a new belief in our western culture and that is celebrity, not anyone in particular just the phenomenon of celebrity. It irks me to no end....Ohmmmmmm.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 29th, 2010, 9:01 pm

beautiful upper roof mosaicos! :)

gracias for the stream, Cecil & saludos!

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 30th, 2010, 1:20 am

artguy: "Some of them are so beautiful I almost believe."

architecture is a large art... so large as to occupy belief if we let it.

Thx for stopping by, amigo...

______

hola, amiga mia, 'V' ...

me gusta este pictura tambien... una pictura de Old Mesilla, Nuevo Mexico.

Gracias... y sonrie! :)

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » December 2nd, 2010, 10:39 am

"we will force you to be free."

good stream Cecil, very good
thanks
I sat on a metal folding chair in the front parlor of a plain ordinary house in nashville tennessee on july 4 1976*
and it felt as i was sitting in the cathederal of Notre Dame. The spirit in that room, like a little lamp I carry with me still in me.

*poetic license
It was on a Sunday in july 1976 maybe yhe 4th
and how would i know what it feels like to sit in that cathederal, i can only imagine :wink:

July 4, 2004.
trying to remember what the world was like on july 4 th 2004, the world is a better place I think. For a while maybe. Have you ever been to the National Folk-Life festival in Washington DC on fourth of july weekend? If you ever get invited it would be worth the trip, even I enjoyed it as paranoid of crowds as I get.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 2nd, 2010, 8:52 pm

thanks, JT, for the nice words... as usual, they are appreciated.

i'm not sure what makes a church a church. by that i mean around everytown in the country there are buildings that people of different religious beliefs congregate to mutually worship their gods. these i believe are what should be 'churches'.... but are they?

To me a church is a building built with a spirituality in mind, not simply four walls for rent to anyone who can afford it. a church is built with something greater than ourselves in mind... a place to gather one's thoughts (as you did), a place to drink in the silence (when there is no ceremony going on), and a place to communicate with our higher Self. those types of buildings are rare and not necessarily dedicated to any one religion but are 'churches.'

Return to “Sunday Stream”