Sunday Stream (260) ~ Host

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (260) ~ Host

Post by mtmynd » December 26th, 2010, 3:45 am

Host
"We accept conclusions to make way for more answers in our search for that which is beyond Mind's ability to comprehend. Mind, the stranger within, desirous of becoming known by Self, seeks recognition thru the assimilation of understanding the environment of its host's potentiality."- unknown

Life’s dualities are our sufferings. They are also our salvation. Where would we be if it were not for dualities, this yin/yang life that that struggles to define, to know, to categorize that which we are so apart of? The struggle is the path to attainment, in whatever degree we require to satisfy Self. But sometimes we do not know the differences between our Self and our Ego. They are the dualities that we ultimately struggle with.

What is it within us that fights for understanding? Why doesn't Mind allow us to simply accept that which is? That is not the nature of Mind. Mind has broken down existence into categories. Thru our evolution mind has notated and defined various occurrences of life that have piqued at it, seeking answers to understand and link these experiences into threads that will form an even larger blanket to bring comfort to Mind. Mind presents dualities to exercise the adventure of being into patterns that portray an ultimate realization of Absolute.

It is as though Mind has been lost and longs to regain its connection with existence. Mind wants desperately to know what is 'out there'... to grasp the every thing that is revealed to it. How much can Mind consume before it becomes so bloated with information that it assumes proportions that overwhelm its host? Mind can turn on its host and remake the host into something that others do not understand.

It is not the 'not understanding' that must be understood in order for progress to continue. Especially amongst the family of man, understanding each other is an important conclusion. But is it more important than solving the esoteric questioning of Mind? We need balance within us to function fully, without barriers set up by mind. Limitations of doubt and confusion hamper our potential to become one with Self and with Life.

Of course all of this is psycho-babble that really doesn't conclude anything... just a flash of ego emanating from Mind to bedazzle the reader into realms of imaginary postulations of understanding to pacify Mind and hopefully quell its urgency to ask, to know, to assimilate the world of its given host. But Mind continues... as it is meant to be:

Mind acts like a stranger, whereas Spirit is familiar. Spirit is what came into this world within our physical. It is Spirit that is our Light within. It is Spirit that sustains us when Mind cannot satisfy the questions. We reach beyond Mind to touch Spirit for the nourishment needed to overcome the boundaries, the limitations of Mind.

Mind in its curiosity cannot fully comprehend Spirit. Spirit is the force behind Mind that drives thought... to allow the host to perform accordingly. But to rely totally upon Mind to bring satisfaction to us is to rely upon the dualities to remain in balance, and balance is a verb that is always see-sawing between choices.

We need to achieve balance, even if it's momentarily. That is our journey... seeking balance between this and that. But no balance can be adequately fulfilled if we rely upon only Mind. It is not Mind's nature. Balance within our Nature: the physical and the mental appeasing the Spirit within bringing balance so we may witness the undisturbed reflection of Pure Consciousness, our oceanic connection to the Eternal.

Mind must halt life, stop it momentarily to grasp something of its nature to appease itself. But life is constant change. This change is our evolutionary necessity, and the answers we use for our questions is Minds necessity. Mind has seen the macro and the micro, the duality, and attempts to understand their connection thru this momentary halting of Life by drawing it into a Lab and dissecting it, analyzing it and observing it... all while Life continues changing. Mind reaches conclusions to stabilize doubt and curiosity, but it is these very qualities of existence, change, that sustains the level of awe and mystery, of wonder and imagination so that our Being has meaningful purpose and possibilities of potential to be realized without Mind having the final decision.

There is no finality
of existence
without attempting
to stop change

The incremental flow
of moments

defies Mind in its attempt
to intellectualize
the mysteries of Life

Each moment of life
proceeds the past
in a roller coaster ride
on the rails of
endless imagination

Imagination can
fathom Mind
but Mind cannot
fully comprehend
Imagination

Imagination
tickles Mind
into logic
attempting to
approve/disapprove
its potential

When Mind is
understood
Life becomes focused
and wakefulness
is realized

Mysteries are nourishment
for Imagination to activate
Mind in its attempt
to bring peace within

cecil
[written: 02 November 2003]
Picture These!

photos: cecil (found art in the park)

Arcadia

Re: Sunday Stream (260) ~ Host

Post by Arcadia » December 26th, 2010, 9:52 am

gracias Cecil for the stream & the dibujos!!!!!!! :D

& felices fiestas for you and all the family!!!!!!!!

saludos,

Arcadia

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 26th, 2010, 10:49 am

how long it's been since such a juicy stream - lots to ponder
and i shall

chalk-filled greetings

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 26th, 2010, 1:28 pm

If not for my sense of humor it would make me nauseous trying to focus on the blur of flip flopping dualities of those thoughts I am aware of.

Another Sunday
another bloody brilliant stream

Gracias

mnaz

Post by mnaz » December 26th, 2010, 7:17 pm

What is it within us that fights for understanding?
us?
Why doesn't Mind allow us to simply accept that which is?
not sure. good question.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » December 27th, 2010, 12:44 pm

On the cushion ....off the cushion...one duality I am working on.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 27th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Gracias, Veronica, y espero tu Navidad fue tranquila y feliz! :)

___

Ah, judih, judih... indeed! these Streams are not running full weekly lately. Busy life despite what I see around me.

Thank you for stopping in. Always good to see your friendly words. ;)

___

JT, mi amigo... it's always beneficial to maintain that sense of humor, is it not? It get's out of those dark holes of depression and other negativity faster than the speed of belief. Glad you enjoyed this one.

___

howdy, Mark! hope your holiday is going smooth and easy... stressless.

re: "us?" Hu'manity, my friend... all of us beings collectively.

re: "good question." thank you!

and thank you for stopping in for what has become an infrequent Sunday Stream. :)

___

ah, Kurt... hope you're finding your solace up in the boonies and off the grid. if not, do so. flush your mind and open new doors of perception. sweep out the bullshit and use it for the fertilizer of your wonderful creativity. take care, amigo, and enjoy this time of unemployment - it was meant to be, eh?

mnaz

Post by mnaz » December 27th, 2010, 4:23 pm

thanks cec. x-mas seems the focus of holiday stress. no huge deal for me, but the rest of my "extended clan" got a little "bent outta shape" about it this year.. unfortunate. and yes kurt, "off the grid" is a good place to be sometimes.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » December 27th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Ya I'm looking forward to it. I'm going in about 2 weeks.

Return to “Sunday Stream”