Sunday Stream (262) ~ Word Up

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (262) ~ Word Up

Post by mtmynd » April 3rd, 2011, 2:07 pm

_________
If the Goddard Space Flight Center is to be believed there are as many as 2,271 satellites currently in orbit (which includes both active satellites as well as defunct satellites which continue to orbit the Earth.) With a total of 1324 satellites to its credit, Russia leads the list of countries in terms of number of satellites followed by the United States of America with 658 satellites of its own.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-many ... space.html
All these artificial satellites in orbit for one reason - to increase our knowledge base regardless of who what where why and who needs that information. We love to talk and have taken our ability to communicate to space. We need more to talk about. We are like fish out of water if we have nothing to say, floundering on the beach, our hearts palpitating for an idea, a reason, just a word to say to someone and to hear someone speak. It doesn't matter if we understand when we are starving for communications, just say something, dammit!

We print books, magazines, journals, papers on everything we have given thought to (and some to things we haven't given much thought to)... we devised this internet to "reach out and touch somebody", anybody who will listen to what we say. We're starving for a chance to connect. We have a need more powerful than life itself to connect and the numero uno way we connect is with words. From there all else evolves for us... our arts, our philosophies, our religions and sciences, our recipes and methodologies to survive... survive to continue communicating. Talk, talk, talk and more talk.

We spend billions on ways to listen to others communicate - radio shows (talk shows), television programming (and all the commercials that go with them), movies, books, meetings for no other reason than to talk, schools that rely on talk to teach and learn more talkative ways to describe that which we have experienced or wish to experience.

Our need to talk and listen to others is what we hu'mans are - talking machines. Even this Stream is but yet another chance to talk to someone that may be reading this. Maybe they will talk back.

We never know if we are connecting until that magic moment when one other... just ONE OTHER person responds... and if that response is in agreement..! wow whee... what a feeling that is, isn't it? When that happens we are somehow connected to all those that came before us and (hopefully) all those in the future. We become socialized animals... part of the tribe of man. We have connected.

Connection also goes one step further... one step beyond. Those that choose to go within may... just maybe... connect with something so powerful that it can change that person forever. Look at this incredible Family of Mankind that we are all connected to. What do we see? The one thing that stands out from all others are those few who have altered the path of mankind so dramatically that it has changed our course as powerfully as a cataclysmic event the earth has incurred.

Currently, someone has compiled a list of 43 Belief Systems throughout the world (12.06.10). Forty-three belief systems for 6.9+ BILLION people on the earth (and growing). These belief systems are what they state - belief. This includes Atheism and Agnosticism and the smallest recognized religions.**

[** http://www.religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm ]

Nearly 7 BILLION people utilizing at least 43 belief systems. But yet, everyone of the 7 billion people we share this one world with are unique individuals... as unique as their fingerprints, their voices, their eyes... each dna makeup is as one-of-a-kind as a snowflake. So why are there 2.1 billion Christians... 1.5 billion Muslims... why are there 1.1 billion Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostics/Atheists... these top 3 belief systems? We need to communicate some more and discover the why to this perplexing problem - not everyone in the world believes in God/Allah or any other mystical entity, but yet they believe as do Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc, etc... in SOMETHING! Surely we don't believe without experiencing or at least agreeing with someone's words regarding that which we believe to be true.

No matter what religion or non-religion our hu'manity follows, we find a connection with those that believe as we do. It doesn't matter how many believe as we do as long as there is at least ONE that believes as we do. It is the initial foundation of our existence to have ONE who believes us as we believe them. From that ONE many may follow (and usually do).

As unique as each of us are, we are built to talk to others... communicate with each other. We do this until our last gasp of breath will allow - speak. It has been written: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"... and so it should be written, "In the end we are left with the word."
Word Up

cecil

Picture of the Moment:
Blue Door

pic by cecil

Artguy

Re: Sunday Stream (262) ~ Word Up

Post by Artguy » April 3rd, 2011, 5:53 pm

In the words of the great and wise Joan Rivers...." Can we talk?"

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 3rd, 2011, 6:49 pm

Boy! "can we talk?" !!! we do more talking than a drunk mynah bird on speed even when we're sober! :wink: But Joan Rivers can do here share of talking... I wonder if she listens as well..?

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 3rd, 2011, 8:31 pm

gracias for the stream & the beautiful photo, Cecil!!!! :D

saludos,

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 4th, 2011, 9:16 am

Gracias, amiga mia... glad you enjoyed! :)

((Saturday night I opened a bottle of Mendoza's "Bodega Norton" Malbec 2007. which we received as a gift... enjoying it little by little, and think of you each time! ;)))

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 4th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Norton´s malbec? good Cecil!!!!!, the bodega´s owners are not argentinian but the soil is still inside our limits..! :lol: glad you enjoyed!!!! :wink:

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » May 28th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Yes, words, word up, indeed.

I found myself thinking today of how I change. My wants and whatnots.

A few years back I was clambering for a voice. Just a small piping sound that someone would hear. But no, not just hear, but actually listen for. Because I've found, or at least thought, anyway, that my thoughts are of no real interest to anyone but me. I piped out, and oh how freeing. But now, again, I'm disappearing. And it seems now to be okay, I much enjoy the gentle quiet of my own being, dappling out in the sunlight of I is.

So, more and more I talk to myself as if no one is listening in.
Brings me closer to the surface of what is real and not just this
light dusting.

I wonder if we talk in Heaven
or just feel? I think the latter,
our essence emanating off of one another...
in the perfect of harmonies.

Thanks for the stream, your words bobbing by pleasantly...burbling. And I wading in momentarily.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Return to “Sunday Stream”