Sunday Stream [265] ~ The Three-ness for Becoming

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream [265] ~ The Three-ness for Becoming

Post by mtmynd » January 1st, 2012, 3:13 pm

This past year, 2011, was certainly rich with opinions, complaints and rewards as it was with weather conditions never quite seen by anyone of us. It's fresh, probably too fresh, into the new year to make a judgment but I will - this year has got to be the most decisive year the world population has ever had to choose. In my most rich fantasy I see a world blossoming out of the decay and waste (re: compost) full of promise and compassion, full of a newness that should dwarf the past's accomplishments... a world of promises that many will be kept. There really can't be any other way other than going backwards.

Those amongst us that feel we've gone too far with our governments, our corporations, our technologies and our understandings will be the heavy anchor that may slow down progress, a progress that is urgently necessary in this 21st Century... a time that is far too little talked about because of the collective grief of loss, the loss of the 20th Century. The 20th was certainly an enormous step into the future, a future that even towards the end of the 19th Century, was inconceivable in how it would end. From the mass production of the automobile, the connection of the telephone and even electricity to the world, the radio followed by the television and even the computer which the Century ended with not only the personal computer (PC) but the very early beginnings of the smart phone (Iphone, etc..) which is thoroughly entrenched in our modern society today.

These so-called 'high tech' gadgets, i.e. phones and ipads, will be quaint reminders of how far we've gone when the 21st Century comes to a close. I haven't the imagination to visualize what technological advances that will be commonplace in another 88 years but given our progress since the early 20th, it should be remarkable for those us who are still here. It will be akin to comparing the Wright Brothers first aircraft to today's Sir Richard Branson's Spacecrafts and Spaceport in New Mexico.

With open eyes and open hearts, one can easily see the many changes our societies globally are busy pursuing in whatever fields of endeavor one can imagine. It's sad to see our governing bodies are blind to what is achievable and how urgent these changes are to the very survival of the type of society that we've developed during the 20th Century thru our intuitiveness as a species. It's hard to fully comprehend that it's been nearly 43 years since man first stepped on the surface of the moon... time-wise a drop in the evolutionary bucket of hu'man history, an event that was government sponsored and one of mankind's most remarkable events in our history.

Here we are today, the first day of the first month of the New Year, 2012, and it seems as tho governments worldwide are in great flux... either for the good of their citizens or not, they are all in the 'change mode', that period in time when collectively for reasons some can assume and others will take as a given, change on a massive scale is happening and we must as individuals recognize that phenomenon or be sorrowfully left behind. It's not a matter of financial affordability as much as it's intellectual affordability. With the tools of technology in our hands as it's never been in our history, we have a task set before us to change with the times which includes changes in our reasonability, our capability, our comprehensibility to advance our lives to fit these times before we're lost in the chaos of ignorance which will do nothing short of weakening the fabric of our societies that past generations worked hard and lovingly to make our lives better, our minds wiser and our intellect sharper.

We needn't run out of our homes tomorrow in a state of desperation, but only understand we are truly immersed in the 21st Century and with that simple acknowledgement, we can broaden our understanding of the changes that are upon us. This is step numero uno for us - understanding.

Acceptance is the second step after understanding. Too many times in our lives we may fully understand some things but are too reluctant or too foolish to accept these things. The reasons are too numerous to list, as it is the foible of hu'manity and that includes 7 billion of us, all on a different mission to fulfill our lives and those of our loved ones. Acceptance oftentimes requires trust... trust in something much larger than ourselves but yet instinctively knowing that which we accept is the right thing for not only ourselves but good for our society.

Numerically speaking, it is quite common to list at least (3) things in order to make sense out of each of them. I listed (1) Understanding and (2) Acceptance as beneficial qualities that we should reach out for to live cooperatively in today's social network. What is that 3rd effort? (3)Doing - there needn't be any other steps to take before we are on the right track to our personal journey that will give us that which we need. 'Doing' after we understand and after that understanding is accepted comes that all-too hu/man "three-ness" that we so much enjoy as a comfort zone, another subject for another time (perhaps...).

cecil

Picture of the Week:
"The Search"

Arcadia

Re: Sunday Stream [265] ~ The Three-ness for Becoming

Post by Arcadia » January 2nd, 2012, 10:52 pm

yeah... one, two... three!... it sounds easy that way...!!!! :roll: :lol: & iluminating composition, Cecil!!!!!! :D Gracias for sharing the stream with us!!

Saludos!,

Arcadia

short timer

Post by short timer » January 3rd, 2012, 9:45 pm

Thanks for the stream and picture

Becoming
in threes
worse or bettter
or the same only more so

interesting stream, so many threes, I was raised on the holy not holy trinity of id ego and super ego

Long time to get myself past that bit of not seeing
Oh well
stumbled on something from Camus today that is bouncing in and out of consciousness a lot today,

something about "the extraneous"

I enjoy the sense of freedom that my extraneousness gives me.

pardon the ramble
but thanks for the stream
and pictured of the duck billed dinosaur?
I enjoyed it.

I don't know what I am doing except for these random text boxes by random user names but I am happy you are doing your streams again

Free Rice

http://www.landscaper.net/short.htm

Artguy

Post by Artguy » January 4th, 2012, 12:26 pm

It's time to put the brakes on. It's time to have a closer look at all of our isms as they have become wild beasts unto themselves devouring everything in their path to serve their hunger for today without regard for tomorrow...

Welcome back Cecil...keep on streamin...

Return to “Sunday Stream”