Sunday Stream [266] ~ Our Runny Gnosis

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream [266] ~ Our Runny Gnosis

Post by mtmynd » January 8th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Today is Sunday. January 8th, 2012 and the current time is 10:18am MST. The day is calm, the birds and dogs having been fed about 3.5 hours ago and breakfast was made a bit earlier than usual, about 6:30. There was a GOP debate (another one that certainly must be setting a record) that I wanted to see. I did and one more time, I will continue casting my singular vote for Barak Obama.

I initially began today's Stream with the intent of writing about 'Time' and even had one complete paragraph before I reread it and decided that it was boring... I dumped it and sat on my chair wondering what I really wanted to write about today. It's a challenge. I know anyone reading this knows about the writing challenge. It's the same as any endeavor that requires imagination and ability coming together to create as well as possible that which we think about, whether it be inspired by sound, thought, sight, smell... any of our senses. Senses inspired manifest into a creation. Not all creations are worthy of being called a creation but they are what they are. Why fuss over the use of some adverb or adjective to enhance that which simply 'is'... no need, especially now when I'm just traveling along typing as I may...

This is mind gaming... utilizing mind to do something other than enjoying the gift of silence and no-thing-ness. Most people, I'm sure, find silence and no-thing-ness to be intially a stagnation of the mind and therefore will do most anything to transcend that state. We, the talking hu'mans, seek out others to listen to or speak with. It somehow comforts us in knowing that there are others like us, other talkers talking about whatever it may be that we find worth talking about at the time we are talking (!). Give us silence and it normally will not take us long to get uncomfortable before we will do something to alleviate that silence - tapping our feet, clapping our hands, whistling, talking to ourselves... anything to break that silence that seems so overwhelming at times, enough so that we resort to anything to 'hear' or 'talk' to break that silence.

But if we submerse ourselves fully into that silence without worry or concern, without any feeling of loss, without fear or unrest, we can learn a valuable lesson - Silence is the womb of all life from which all things come into being as they should. Silence when fully experienced is both the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega from which we arrive and wherein we will depart... our final destination after this physical body expires.

We really have no chance to do otherwise... no life form does. Life is born from silence and returns to silence. Life is not simply flesh and bones and blood and guts. This stuff is not what life is but what life animates. This pile of stuff is meaningless without that spark of life that illuminates each and every lifeform, from an atom to the whale, from a germ to our very hu'manity, no life can exist without that spark of existence that lies deep within every living thing in existence - from the life on our singular planet to each and every habitable planet in the vastness of the universe... nothing escapes the initial spark of life that resides in every living thing.

This one Light, this spark of life, like a candle sharing it's flame with every living thing, dwells in complete Silence, in-tune to No-thing-ness, omnisciently in peace with all. To that we all will return when our job is complete upon this and any other plane of existence we may find ourselves on the Journey of Knowing - our own
Runny Gnosis
cecil
11:32a.m. - completo!

Photo of the Week:

Artguy

Re: Sunday Stream [266] ~ Our Runny Gnosis

Post by Artguy » January 8th, 2012, 4:40 pm

...First the visual...Bzinga!! (something I picked up from some silly tv show...it seems to work)..
Now the the silent no-thingness...
The monk went into the village to see everyone doing no-thing...he was very happy.
I remain silent on the subject...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 9th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Good to read you, amigo... stay in the Silence whenever it's available... we don't call it "golden" for nada. ;)

myrna minkoff

Post by myrna minkoff » January 11th, 2012, 10:48 am

... no need, especially now when I'm just traveling along typing as I may...

there it is for me in a nutshell

typing along listening to the voice of silence
always in a silent snow of a blank text box
some creations are not worthy
thinking about my first creations of the flesh and bone, blood and guts
re:freud potty training and the will to nothingness

thanks for another good stream and thank for the picture
made me feel just like Sunday morning on a Wenesday

here is a pic I thought you might like
Attachments
goodnews.gif

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 12th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Howdy, JT... thx for your comments - always refreshing like a well-iced limeade and vodka on a cloudless, sweltering July afternoon. :)

your comment on our guy, Sigmund, reminded me of a clip on a morning new show I watch daily... a special guest was Viggo Mortensen who got some praise for his portrayal of Sigmund Freud in a movie, A Dangerous Method. In the clip that was shown, Viggo looked convincingly like Freud. When it goes video, I hope to see it.

That cartoon was not so funny for Romney who is taking a beating from his fellow candidates, especially Newt and Slick Rick (who I heard got a lot of flack and a loss of a high-powered supporter for his 'vulture capitalism' comments).

Capitalism, as we know it, is being highly questioned here in the early years of the 21st Century as witnessed by various comments I've seen over the past several weeks, reaching a peak of sorts with this Romney/Bain problem.

I've said before and I'll take this opportunity now to say it again, the 20th Century capitalism peaked with the kindness and prosperity (for the majority) it is capable of but that Monopoly game is over here as we struggle with health care problems, poverty on the rise, OWS and even the Tea Party's mis-directed attacks on the government under the strongly-felt belief that our government is far too big. Our government has to be big for a country that is the 3rd largest Nation in the World (under China and India).

Notice during these GOP debates (if you bother with them! :lol:) how white the audience is. It's as if any other race is irrelevant in our country. With the Hispanic population now the 2nd largest 'minority' over the African-American population, if those two groups alone banded together and voted for Obama and a Independent/Democrat Congress, their vote would be a landslide victory combined with that of the white democratic voters.

Again, this 21st Century is about the unification of the American Promise for ALL it's citizens and that alone means a radical transformation of power long held (too long??) by our white power elite, firmly entrenched in that all too talked about, 1%ers. I truly feel that unrest with the 1%ers knowing as they full well do that there IS and tremendous economic UNEQUALITY in this country that is the primary reason for the historic ABYSS dividing not only the Dems from the Repubs but our very government and all that is stands for for all of us. With poverty on a continuing rise, with voter suppression in so many Republican-held states (defending the 1%)... these alone contribute to a fear within that 1% and their loyal supporters... the KNOW they are being singled out for one reason - they SHOULD be singled out for their tremendous power over the rest of us... a policy that is UNAMERICAN, plain and simple.

[enough]

Thanks for you time, amigo, and a Happier New Year to you and yours.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm

I read somewhere that 30 percent of the electorate determines the outcomes of elections. We don't need no stinking minorities and poor people voting thank you very much....

RE: White People

What is interesting and insidious is all these propositions and laws being passed among the states to require new forms of voter ID. It seems innocuous but not really. They are a new form of Jim Crow laws being proposed. What is striking is the wording of them, practically a boiler plate they are so similiar. I think 38 states are considering them or have already passed them. An organization called ALEC is behind them. Another astro turf grass roots movement funded by anonymous donors.
Why the Koch Brothers and ALEC Don't Want You to Vote
Today residents of Mississippi will decide whether voters must produce a government-issued ID in order to cast a ballot and voters in Maine will choose whether to keep or overturn a new law banning election day voter registration, which had previously been on the books since 1973.

These votes occur amidst the backdrop of an unprecedented, Republican-led war on voting. Since the 2010 election, at least a dozen states controlled by Republicans have approved new obstacles to voting—mandating government-issued IDs, curtailing early voting, restricting voter registration, disenfranchising ex-felons. Five million voters could be negatively impacted by the new laws, according to the Brennan Center for Justice, which found that “these new restrictions fall most heavily on young, minority and low-income voters, as well as on voters with disabilities”—in other words, those most likely to vote for Democrats.
http://www.thenation.com/blog/164453/wh ... t-you-vote
More Links:
Voter Suppression Bills Sweep the Country | Center for Media and ...
http://www.prwatch.org/news/2011/.../vo ... untr...May 10, 2011 – An editorial in the New York Times linked this wave of voter suppression to the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). On ALEC's ...

How the Koch-Funded ALEC Works to Deny Voting Rights; Brave ...
http://www.prwatch.org/.../koch-funded- ... g-ri...Nov 8, 2011 – How the Koch-Funded ALEC Works to Deny Voting Rights; Brave New Film Highlights Voter Suppression. Submitted by Lisa Graves on ...

ColorOfChange.org | Stop Corporate Funded Voter Suppression
act.colorofchange.org/sign/alecALEC's voter ID laws are undemocratic, unjust and part of a longstanding right wing agenda to weaken the Black vote. Major companies that rely on business ...

ColorOfChange | Stop Corporate-Funded Voter Suppression
colorofchange.org/campaign/alec/Dec 8, 2011 – ALEC's voter ID laws are undemocratic, unjust and part of a longstanding right wing agenda to weaken the Black vote. Major companies that ...
http://act.colorofchange.org/sign/alec

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&h ... 80&bih=685

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 13th, 2012, 1:10 pm

The voting changes that are making it more difficult for minorities, students and the elderly to vote is, indeed, a sign of that Republican need to control government. I find it hard to believe here in the 21st Century we have this force in political power (R) that is the minority of voters in this country and they know it but have been struggling for control of politics for years only to lose it from time to time, exactly like the Dem Party does.

We need a stability in this country on all levels, not just the political arena (which is moving so slowly as to make any headway will need drastic reforms in term limits and power given to the majority votes, just as it is with the Presidential election. (how about a flat 6 years for President without re-election and 6 year staggered between the House and Senate without re-election to begin with? this would allow an election on the Federal level every two years with each election for a separate purpose, i.e. President, Senate and House)

If the white majority continues stalling the inevitable growth of the minorities (Hispanic and black plus a growing Asian population) and their need to become a voice within America, the backlash could be devastating for that Elite... and perhaps necessary.

____

got to go out and do some shopping, amigo.... talk to you later, eh?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 15th, 2012, 1:59 pm

I figured maybe I could slip one more comment in before this Sunday's stream which I am sure you are busy writing at this very moment. :wink:

I forgot to mention how much I liked the title. I <also> liked the poetry and politics board on litkicks. But we at studio eight are not so much into the politics it seems. Well except for the occasional poem.
I guess there was more prose than poetry on that old p &p board.

Long time ago jota wrote "that once enslaved a people will never regain their freedom" not his actual words probably but how I remember them. Sometime I will have to trudge over to the litkicks archive and check it out. Anyway this thing about the vast right wing conspiracy, something that has its roots pushed farther and farther back, some say it began in the fifties, or seventies, or eighties with Reagan. NO matter. What does matter is how comprehensive it is. How thorough. Even down to rewriting history text books in the public schools.

Well so much for my paranoid Jew boy rants. "Nothing wrong with being paranoid if you are paranoid" I can't remember who wrote that on litkicks a long time ago.

Six year terms that sounds like a pretty radical change, how you going to get a constitutional amendment when we can't even get meaningful campaign financing reform passed after the SCOTUS and CItizens United disaster, yeah how about rescinding Citizens United and getting true campaign finance reform passed? If we are going to dream big dreams how about eliminate the electoral college and replace congress with a parliament?

Well I put if as long as I can, I got to go shopping too.
thanks again for the art and stream

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 15th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Thx, amigo... I hope your shopping is carefree if not free.

Just between you and me, I am not going to get a constitutional amendment this time around... it'd take far too much of my time away from writing Sunday Streams and doing artwork... in addition to maintaining a garden and cooking. My plate is full and I seem to like it that way.

the new Stream is up... but you knew that if your reading this.

Return to “Sunday Stream”