Sunday Stream [279] Einstein

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

Steve Plonk

Re: Sunday Stream [279] Einstein

Post by Steve Plonk » June 27th, 2014, 8:06 am

Mtmynd, Funny thing that you mentioned the fluid dimensions of time...
A primal memory popped into my head...
My Mom, my brother, & I were passing through Princeton, NJ in late 1952,
& it was a warm November afternoon...

I asked who the old guy was who was riding the bicycle near the Princeton campus.
My Mom exclaimed: Why that's professor Albert Einstein!" We gave him a wave...
He even waved back!

My Mom was pregnant with one of my younger brothers at the time...My Dad was in Korea...
I'll always remember our chance encounter with greatness. So, now you know that I'm
in my sixties. "Time is relative..." The passing of Constantine reminds us of that amazing
fact. Memory is a wonderful gift of time travel... 8) :D Great to remember old times &
friends...

mtmynd

Re: Sunday Stream [279] Einstein

Post by mtmynd » June 27th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Thx, Steve, for sharing that wonderful memory... to actually see the man riding his bicycle was obviously burned into your memory as, I'm sure it would be for anyone fortunate enough to have had that experience.

I, too, share age with you with my own being in close proximity. This year I began my entrance into the 7th decade which will be graciously celebrated next January. :)

I was also a bit startled by Dino's passing having had quite a few replies both from me and from himself. He was younger than me, which I did not know, and I have often wondered since last week what took his life... seems so many I either know or know of have left this plane as we became more entrenched in this 21st C, my older brother for one.

But death always stalks us and the rest of life... making something out of our personal losses should not cloud the reality and only seen as a reference point that we all will end up departing.

BTW, Steve, if memory serves me I seem to recall you live in Chattanooga, the birthplace of my dear old Dad back in 1904. I've never had the opportunity to visit the city but it is on my bucket list. The first thing I'd do is see where I could get a copy of my father's birth certificate... I know hardly a thing about his early days there in Chattanooga... the majority of his life spent in the Army where he and my mother met and married long after his departure from his own hometown.

Nice chattin' with you... and thx again for the neat memory!

C~

Return to “Sunday Stream”