Sunday Stream [279] Einstein

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream [279] Einstein

Post by mtmynd » March 11th, 2013, 1:52 am

Einstein

Einstein: "People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

Interesting comment... past, present and future, where present may be interpreted as 'now' which it certainly could be construed to mean that, but I feel is not quite on target. Present carries with it the permanent baggage of past and future, the three concepts so closely united as to be conjoined. How many times have the three been placed together in theories...? Too numerable to even mention.

However, 'now, or 'Now' as i prefer to write it, is much more than even the 'tri-conceptual' idea of past-present-future. 'Now' is the exclusive and only domain of the entirety of every thing, which includes past-present-future. 'Now' is absolute without the limitations of 'tri-conceptual time' that attempt to isolate 'Now' into a measurable, intellectualized place rather than the constantly changing, infinitely malleable experience which it is... not was or will be but 'Now' ... beyond earthly time-defined intellectualizations... far beyond...

cecil

Clouds

never a repeat
each formation
a continuation
softly whispering
only suggestions
to those that listen
to their daily messages
in homage to life
for all

Arcadia

Re: Sunday Stream [279] Einstein

Post by Arcadia » March 11th, 2013, 12:34 pm

gracias, Cecil!!! :D

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 14th, 2013, 11:46 am

y gracias a usted, amiga mia!

how about El Papa de Argentina...? How does the country fell about that! El Primero de South America y las Americas Todas.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 14th, 2013, 12:43 pm

I just listened to him in his first mass ... (it´s everywhere here today in tv) :roll: maybe he talked in some kind of code, who knows? ...: "let´s walk, let´s build, let´s confessare in crucificated Christ" :?: I don´t know, it sounds ancient, really... :lol:

Whatargentine people fell? we are big border egoes with very futbol-like sense of life, so there are, of course, some kind of generalizated enthusiasm. At the same time, as a generality, we are dark and revisionists, so there are also a lot of doubts about Bergoglio´s performance and a feeling ranging between "also this?" and "do I have to care also about it?".

Sure there are also a considerable ammount of practicant and fervorous catholics that have no doubts in the Church´s decisiones and has faith and appreciation for the new Pope.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 14th, 2013, 8:01 pm

((Estoy utilizando "traductor google" para escribir este))

A pesar de que fue criada como católica (mi madre) y asistió a una escuela jesuita, yo tenía mucho de la religión por el día de mi graduación que pronto dejar de asistir a la misa y seguí mi camino espiritual propia persona ... todo esto dicho para mostrar lo poderoso que era el adoctrinamiento temprano ... Me fascinó bastante por el "espectáculo y la pompa" de la selección del nuevo Papa. Parece que es mucho más interesante que el hombre que reemplazó a (tanto es así que ni siquiera estoy seguro del nombre de ese hombre!).

Probablemente voy a estar de acuerdo con su preocupación por los pobres y los marginados entre nosotros ... y quién no lo estaría? ... y estoy de acuerdo que la disparidad entre los ricos y los pobres es problemático. Sus ojos parecen mostrar compasión y cuidado.

Pero lo que se destaca - El Papa Francisco no es compatible con la agenda gay / lesbiana que me parece estar en conflicto con el tratamiento de las creaciones de Dios con respeto y dignidad que sí? Usted país ya ha dado el derecho para contraer matrimonio gay, pero no es cierto que el nuevo Papa El ha criticado la aprobación de los gobiernos?

Como SooZen y yo estábamos hablando, ¿por qué el Vaticano continuar seleccionando esos ancianos para dirigir su religión? Un hombre de 76 años de edad no puede conectarse con estos tiempos modernos. Pero lo que creo que es de 1,2 mil millones de católicos en el mundo animando para este nuevo Papa, con tantas personas aparentemente convencido de que será Un magnífico Papa por la Iglesia (que no es mi preocupación:. Lol :).

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 14th, 2013, 8:44 pm

good Spanish, Cecil!!!!! :wink:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 15th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Good translator! ;)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 17th, 2013, 9:14 pm

yeah, the catholic church authorities in my country (Bergoglio included) were against the matrimonio igualitario law and of course is against the possibility of a more abarcative abortion law.

I already knew you were educated in a catholic school but I didn´t remember they were jesuits. I don´t know too much about that order nowadays, the only I know was thanks the History classes and films ... :lol:

maybe, despite you are in your own personal path you´ll enjoy reading this article. I have old friends in connection with the Centro Nueva Tierra that I appreciate a lot and I found it interesting:

http://www.nuevatierra.org.ar/2013/03/a ... francisco/

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 18th, 2013, 10:35 am

Un artículo interesante y que estaba bien pensado.

Aquí en los EE.UU. ha habido un montón de hablar de este Papa poniendo mucha fe y esperanza de que será un Papa para toda la gente ... una gran responsabilidad para cualquier persona a asumir. Al ser nombrado Papa o el Presidente no hace esa persona infalible. El perdón de cualquier infalibilidad reside en las consecuencias de la transgresión, es decir, cómo equivocadamente es la falsedad que proviene de la boca de la persona que le hemos dado esa responsabilidad?

Quedará por ver lo maravilloso que un hombre este Papa será para el pueblo. El tiempo es el mejor de los jueces.

Gracias, amiga mia, and gracias a Google Translator! :)

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » May 12th, 2013, 9:14 am

"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
I was cyber chattin with SLD over on her artblog and she mentioned "passion" got me thinking about words, If Einstein had said "people like us, who have a passion for physics" I could relate to what he said, I am not sure if I "believe" in physics any more than I believe in the Catholic church.

there is a thread over on another board about Gamifying a business, not sure I understand what all that entails, but I think about Gamifying a religion and I got to hand it to the Jesuits.

please pardon the ramble, you know I have a flair for the obvious :wink:
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 13th, 2013, 9:41 am

"People like (me), who believe in (meta)physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a(n) illusion."

To believe belief not worthy of believing finds themselves not believing in their own self, so where does their belief then take them..?

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » May 14th, 2013, 11:27 am

Metaphysics - Encyclopedia - The Free Dictionary
encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Metaphysics‎
The term, which means literally “what comes after physics,” was used to refer to the ... In his classification of the works of Aristotle, the Alexandrian librarian ...
Oh I believe in thirty two feet per second per second, even if it is just a theory like evolution :wink:
Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it … or because it is traditional, or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings—that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide
"Nothing in this book is true. Live by the foma* that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy." — The Books of Bokonon 1:5
*Harmless untruths

"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 17th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it … or because it is traditional, or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings—that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide
I found your quote worth repeating... gracias, mi amigo.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » May 28th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Physicists and Buddhists ...both on the road to emptiness...

Return to “Sunday Stream”