Sunday Stream (23) - ONE: the Evolution and Revolution

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (23) - ONE: the Evolution and Revolution

Post by mtmynd » March 13th, 2005, 12:57 pm

ONE: the Evolution and Revolution

Is our evolution due to our revolution... or is our revolution our evolution?

We revolve around the Sun. The Sun revolves around our Galaxy. Our Galaxy revolves around the Universe. Big deal... a very big deal we are involved in... revolved in... and evolved in. It can make our minds spin just thinking about something like that.

Our partner in thought, the dictionary, defines (in part) -

Revolution -

•Orbital motion about a point, especially as distinguished from axial rotation: the planetary revolution about the sun.
•A turning or rotational motion about an axis.
•A single complete cycle of such orbital or axial motion.

And the same book defines (again in part) -

Evolution

•A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.
•The process of developing.
•Gradual development.

But notice some of the discrepancies here. Revolution is the constant spin of the planets and stars around a fixed axis. But the fixed point within the universe is..? We are left with the central question to the larger concept - the axis of the universe has to BE in order for the universe to revolve around IT, whatever that IT might be. If we see the Universe as a wheel, the wheel must spin around an axis of some sort, but what this axis or point is is still an unknown. Theories must abound but we will never know what that axis is or even why that one singular point exists in order for the universe to spin around it. Perhaps the axis is one of multiple axes, but somewhere along time all the possible variations of axes must, in turn revolve around but yet ONE point.

We humans are fixated upon oneness - thru our insistence upon one life, one mate, one heart, one mind, one time, one love, one god... one, one, one, despite all the numerous variations of life and matter that surrounds us. All our multiples revolve around this ONE that we insist upon and yet we know of the multiple multiplicities of life. We need only open our eyes and absorb each day like a sponge to sense all the different experiences, to see all the different lives and lifeforms, to taste all the flavors, smell all the fragrances, hear all the sounds within our own small worlds, and yet all these variations somehow give us a hint of a ONENESS that certainly must exist, either 'out there' or within.

We continue to revolve in order to evolve... and our evolution includes the revolution of thought. If we revolt against ONE, that ONE fractures into multiples... how many is incumbent upon our acceptance of quantity, or how much or many we can perceive, but in adding up all these things we ultimately reach ONE. One final figure, one ultimate conclusion, one breath-taking experience that erupts within us and leaves us expelling all multiples... exhausted, but yet feeling at ONE with everything else, we, thru our revolution have attained the final evolution - a return to our central axis from which we have revolved into the evolution of ONENESS.

This is not simply a theory, [I call 'theory', the or'y, based upon this or that, or it could even that or even... blah, blah, blah... a string of or's or the 'ories', hence 'the-ories' (theories). We are filled with more theories than facts], and not conclusively a fact, for I am unable to prove to you or anyone else the reality of this. But I must say I am not alone in this concept, for if we were to speak to others that have travelled this path we would find agreement in reaching this conclusion... even though in so doing it doesn't 'make it true' but only leaves us with continuing our evolution thru revolution to attain this axis or point.

Ultimately, we will find that what has been called 'the soul' is the pivotal point (axis) that the universe revolves around, of which we, indeed all life and matter, continues, by necessity, to rotate around. Should we have the ability step off this wheel of existence, we, in our human-ness would not survive - we are reliant upon 'the soul', the center, this axis of life and 'theoretically' enter the realm of no-thing-ness without it. But not to worry, for no-thing can ever escape ONENESS, even those that believe in multiples, for that is in part our evolution within this revolution of ceaseless existence.

Cecil
13 March 2005

Saturday Buddhabitch and I went to see the abundance of poppies that graced our mountains. We walked along and some of what I saw I'd like to share with you -

Last edited by mtmynd on March 13th, 2005, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 13th, 2005, 1:21 pm

for every turn of the planet, we either go with the flow or spend energy resisting.

i can not resist sunday stream.
does this lead me to an evolutionary spin?

while sliding down that question, i'll simply smell the flowers and revel in the oncoming season

judih

Artguy

Post by Artguy » March 13th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Everyone knows the universe rotates around the one of everyone...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 13th, 2005, 3:50 pm

judih - indeed, "we either go with the flow or spend energy resisting." and so those that know, flow... those that resist have missed. Thank you and say "who is this?" :wink: (note: i remember you saying, (re: Streams), how big it is/was. While updating various items on this puter yesterday i lowered my resolution - surprise! everything was BIG! I thought of you... you see how I left the font size smaller today?)

artguy - your brevity made me smile... and so it is, "the universe rotates around the one of everyone..." yeppur! Thanks, Kurt.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 13th, 2005, 4:17 pm

cecil, i certainly noticed the friendly font size
and all the more striking compared to that luscious cactus.

(what can compete with a closeup of a plump spiny cactus ?)

p.s. i tried to comment on SooZ' blog about these wonderful scenes. How close they come to the 2 week flower fest we have in this miniscule spring season. Only the backdrop is different, but the sensation is so similar. It's a small horticultural whole we live in.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » March 13th, 2005, 4:18 pm

Mmmmm Mmmmmm. Let's just say I snarfed this one down like a homecooked meal....
Pardon my manners, but this stream is a major unmuddler for me and I heartily thank you for a great spin......
really!
:D
Thank you Cec...
H 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 13th, 2005, 6:31 pm

amazing, beautiful photos cecil, thanks for posting them.
Your spring is near!!
Saludos,

Arcadia

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 13th, 2005, 7:16 pm

stopped by to smell the poppies...now it's back to sculpture central, beautiful and inspiring shots cecil...thanks

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 13th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Since you put it that way, judih, "the friendly font size" shall continue... (i have some other shots of cactus i'll share with you)

you lucky woman, you!! i'm so happy that you enjoyed my cookin', Hes'... and may it digest as well as it went down... :wink:

Thanks for dropping in, wired... glad you liked the pics... i had a great time taking them... always nice hearin' from you.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » March 13th, 2005, 9:25 pm

Nice, centered Stream Cec

The poppies are lovely. As you know the poppy was the axis, shall we say pivot point of my life for more years than I care to enumerate.

PS--got your postcard
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 13th, 2005, 11:40 pm

Thx, L'Rod, for the reply. The poppies are extremely plentiful, more than we've ever seen and such a magnificent site it is. As you can tell from my photos there were other flora in bloom also. I feel lucky to have been there to catch the cacti in bloom, otherwise I could've missed them - they are only about 4" high and the same in diameter... beautiful little fuckers. hah! I used to have a cacti/succulent collection that I now wish I still had... trippy plants they are, but seeing them in their habitat is especially special. (?)

Also, I'm happy that you are now solely a viewer of the poppy... who woulda ever guessed back then..? :)

Return to “Sunday Stream”