Sunday Stream (283) ~ Being Hu'man is What We Do

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 18th, 2015, 8:47 pm

"Being human is what we do"
.... so the reply included from a fellow I was engaged in a discussion with. It's not unusual for Streams to become inspired by such discussions over the years I've been writing these thoughts and ideas which spring from the mind of consciousness that always runs, at times nice and easy and other times like flood waters, the roar thru the mind and I must write fast and with great passion to capture as many words as I can. Not unlike catching fish, each one a feast or perhaps a small meal depending upon that flow within.

This single line, "Being hu'man is what we do" stopped me dead in my thoughts. I knew it felt off... incomplete, if you will. I listened within and continued..."what we do" means very little to all except for ourselves. There is no other life on this single rock in our Solar System that has any concern in what we believe, for their own being is what they do. So what gives us the idea we are special..? That what we have accomplished is only remarkable and significant for our own species. We are totally "hu'man-centric" to believe and live as if our very hu'manity has been bestowed upon us because "we are'. Included in that "we are" is a long over-looked fact - hu'manity is the youngest life form upon this planet... we are still learning to adapt and "become" what we instinctively (might) know as our full potential. Potential is sorely lacking amongst our own... we far too often, clumsily, fall short in trying to do the 'right thing', often to the detriment of other of the living. What has ended the lives of other species before we ever stepped upon the earth, was natural phenomenon, i.e. natural disasters we're all familiar with that nobody and no thing has any control over. Other than that, life shows no greed, no needless killing, no behaviors that are uniquely our own hu'manity's doing.

It is "we" who are interested in "time" and have even created not only the word but the mechanisms of "it's" measurement to verify there is indeed, such a presence... a presence, btw, that has no proof, per se. Time is matter-less, we can only sense it, observe moments that have passed, but we cannot hold, touch it, smell or hear time... only thru the measuring devices we have created to verify time's existence. Could that existence be our own insistence... our mind's insistence which tells us, "there must be time, there has to be such a presence for things DO change, DO evolve, DO live and die." Are these phenomena proof that time exists... or simply life IS..? Remember, no other life of any kind that lives upon this planet have any knowledge or even interest in measuring this invisible notion of time.

And so 'time' goes... always on the flow, an endlessness our concept of 'time' cannot fathom. But it's only here on this earth that hu'manity uses and even abuses time to the advantage of our very own species, so confused and so mindful we are uniquely addicted to operating our societies in strict accordance to the "time machine" which as all but eliminated our internal clocks we came into this world with and has been the way of all Nature... that frightfully troublesome Nature that goes against the conditioning we have created for our own benefit... a strict, even militant, adherence to the Time Machine, the internal heartbeat of seconds and minutes that are even installed in robots... and we've all heard the doom and gloom of our surrender to that machine.

mtmynd

Pic of the Week:
"Red Dot"

{acrylic on canvas}
-Sold-

stilltrucking

Re: Sunday Stream (283) ~ Being Hu'man is What We Do

Post by stilltrucking » January 19th, 2015, 7:58 am

Thank you for the stream and please pardon my ramble which is all turtles from here on down
husserl.JPG
the living present
Attachments
ouroboros_by_chadoside-d604hbr.jpg

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 19th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Nice seeing up and about, amigo! yesterday I became one of the septuagenarians... a somewhat rare company that the both of us can lay claim to. I like it. Looked forward to getting here. My brother bailed at 78, so I hope to make it the big "8-0" just because.

I'm trying out Streaming again after such a long hiatus. Can't seem to make it weekly just yet, but we'll see how they go. I just happen to enjoy writing... and you can relate I know. ;)

Later, JT, SooZ and I are doing Mexican food tonight... our usual bimonthly indulgence.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » January 19th, 2015, 10:23 pm

its still that willie shakes thang.....alas poor yorick......no i mean to be or not to be?.....and theres no real ? cept just exist......change is inevitable....we come and then we go....too simplistic but no matter what, a fact......the games over, we'll be gone so why all the fuss?.....been watchin a new generation of friends try and figure it all out.....its kinda fun to sit back and take it all in.....saw an old friend layin there cold cold cold this weekend, with all us wearing frowns.....not a little older but a lot older, yet thats the mission....we come and then we go...... 8) ......keep the streams flowing cecil.....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Artguy

Post by Artguy » January 20th, 2015, 2:47 pm

First Cecil...The Red Dot has me mesmerized with constructions suspending it magically without touch as we hu'mans seem to suspend our SELVES as selves unto ourselves...a little empty of self goes a long way...
Nice to see ya flowin...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 20th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Thx, readers!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 20th, 2015, 9:52 pm

gotta agree with Kurt about the painting - it held me, man, it held me - 8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 21st, 2015, 12:10 am

the mingo wrote:gotta agree with Kurt about the painting - it held me, man, it held me - 8)
You and Kurt both know your art! Thank you, ;)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 21st, 2015, 9:18 pm

Thank You, Cecil - 8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Return to “Sunday Stream”