The first Sunday Stream

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

The first Sunday Stream

Post by mtmynd » April 3rd, 2016, 5:09 pm

Long before I ever named these essays/rants "Sunday Streams", I was posting on LitKicks and felt compelled to write out my ideas, my feelings, my rantings and it began with this on 2001-04-15-2002 @ 21:23:00. Yes, nearly 16 years ago...
~Pulpit Bull~
it's difficult to be famous -
so few winners, billions of losers.

those few that are winners are known thru their past...ideas or exploits.
while underground: hermits, hobos, bohemians, beatniks, hippies.. (is there a hip new millenium word?), still are not winners and have no desire. the journey is everything, the destination - just a rest stop for further journeys.

the final journey is inward. that's what the winners lose. and to lose the inward journey, is to lose all. the best is last, because you never want to go back. material wealth easily obscures this path, littering it with so much uselessness, one cannot 'see the trail for the trash', constantly tripping over shards of shit obliterating the path so as to fuck us up... stress, doubt, confusion. that is when we find the inward journey so appealing, without stress, doubt, confusion, we can put the mind away. (use the mind, don't let it use you)

many that lived those times of bohemians, beats, hippies, are still among us, living free, unincumbered by todays latest fad, free to sleep when they want, eat when they want, love when they want. without freedom we can not choose. choosing is living. life demands freedom, or how else could it sustain?

the books that were written of passed times are memories of a past that can never be again... diaries of both the intimate and public lives, that were sought out and found by the writers of each generation, who wanted to leave those memories behind, in their own words, thru their own eyes, thru their own times... creative wordsmiths.

there is nothing wrong in creativity: 'in the beginning god created...' the most important 5 words in the bible. humans know and love creativity. to be in 'the image of', is to create: writers, painters, poets, dancers, architects, sculptors, musicians, craftspersons...all create to be free, to be where space and time no longer exists. to be in the present. freedom. (try making mad abandoned love to the universe, orgasm with the infinite)

winners get put into the public eye... 'perform some for us.' 'read for us.' 'make us laugh.' 'make us cry.' 'make us think.' 'make US more than we really are, make us what we'd like to be.' the 'usses' are there to support you when you perform at their command. no freedom in that.(have you ever seen jack kerouac on the steve allen show? 'jack, read for us...', while steve plays his piano. how many books did that sell? i never read 'on the road' playing steve allen piano music). winners lose their artistry and become performers, masked by their personas, while under that mask lies the longing for the free person. (the masks of joy and sadness...)

the beats were another link in the long chain of freedom loving individuals: seekers, watchers,thinkers,creators is how they see themselves, the other names are bestowed upon them by their 'audiences' (beatniks came out after the sputnik, isn't that just too fuckin' cute!), while some are admirers, the public cannot/will not live that kind of life, but there's some that appreciate those that do.

'live free or die' - new hampshire state motto.
'eat out often' - new mexico restaurant association motto.

m.t.mynd

[note: on this very day Joey Ramone (The Ramones) died of lymphoma at New York-Presbyterian Hospital at the age of 49]

mnaz

Re: The first Sunday Stream

Post by mnaz » April 4th, 2016, 7:12 pm

Nice rewind, Cecil. Where was I, back on 4-15-02? I lived in Henderson back then. I was probably out on some southern Nevada desert trail, on the journey, emptying my mind. "You're always halfway down a desert road, give or take"...

sasha

Post by sasha » April 15th, 2016, 3:01 pm

Hi there mtmynd (Cecil) - and mnaz (Mark?) - it's me, Sasha (Roy) from Big Blue! I wanted to say hi, and also rant in outrage [CAPSLOCK="on"] that you would attribute our state motto "Live Free or Die" to our neighbor to the west, Vermont. It is in fact the New Hampshire state motto. [/CAPSLOCK] :lol: Not sure what Vermont's is.

Glad to see more than a few familiar bylines here. Makes settling in a little less daunting.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 17th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Howdy, Sasha! Correction made. Thank you for the reply... always appreciate fixin' my errors, amigo. ;)

Return to “Sunday Stream”