Sunday Stream (27) - empty mind

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (27) - empty mind

Post by mtmynd » April 10th, 2005, 10:36 am

I don't know what I'd do without my mind. It's brought me a great deal of joy through the years. And as I get older it assists in drawing my life together.

It's the imagination part that 'trips me out', i.e., stimulates my imaginings...taking me into what is called the future, that which isn't quite here, but will be arriving hopefully any time now. We all are born with imagination, even if our minds are weak. We can still visualize that future time when all will be as it should be...everyday, every time .

My truth has been reached, (not necessarily 'attained'). I reached Truth and was blinded by it's beauty. This experience was greatly aided by imagination, for sure. But it is so much more than imagination. Imagination is a tool for the interpretation of the experience, for the experience defies a language of words or even symbols for those are impermanent. Truth encompasses the whole mind, not just it's divisions... imagination, logic, language (I.L.L.!). I can now say that I've reached my ability of knowing what truth is. I've also learned that truth is attained thru ability. The more we can attain both materially and spiritually, the more different our outlook is on Truth. We all have our own unique understandings of Truth, crazy quilts of logic, reasoning and colorful imaginings.

So why an "empty mind"...what is so wonderful about having a mind void of any thing?

Emptying the mind is like a healthy shit... to release the accumulated learnings of our lives once they no longer are satisfactory for our being - taking time to empty the conditionings of our past, emptying what we have become due to those ideas, those theories, those philosophies, our names, our reactions...fully emptying every thing blowing away those clouds that have shielded us from the clarity of the endless skies just beyond.

Bliss... the aftermath of inhalation of the fragrance of love. What a rush! A rising above the mundane, that everyday life that we all participate in, on the ferris wheel of life. When we step off the wheel, we see the world we live in for the first time. Our minds no longer...even briefly is all it takes to take in the reality and digest it for the truth.

In truth the machinations of duality mesh in accordance with the eternal beat of life...infinite existence wrapped in perfection...no mind to pass judgments, no mind to choose sides, no mind to cloud over the clarity.

Can truth be any other way..? For if truth is to be true to us, it cannot logically or otherwise be the cause for anything other than innocence and purity, untouched by a mind predisposed to constant wanting - the delirium of man going on an endless search for that which is within ourselves and without ourselves

Truth cannot be outside ourself. Outside lies the illusion, food for the imagination, for the mind to assure its survival. Truth lies within us, reality lies outside us - in order to be at our full potential, we must accept both...one at a time. Hence, the 'empty mind'...that which is at once aware of the necessary duality of existence, and the consciousness which allows it.

Cecil
10 April 2005

[Today my mind feels empty so i dug thru my 'archives' and ran across this piece that spoke of an 'empty mind'. this has been revised from its original, written some 2-1/2 years ago...]

LOOKING BACKWARDS IN A FORWARD LOOKING WAY -

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » April 10th, 2005, 11:26 am

great piece, cec

and I love the pic

great representation of Janus hipster road looking forward and backward at the same time and the observing eye in the corner of the mirror while the highway stretches into the future and the past.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 10th, 2005, 1:10 pm

beautiful

judih

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 10th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Thx, elRod... and i like your interpretation of the picture... nice.

judih - if i'm not mistaken, that was one big beautiful... TY!!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 10th, 2005, 5:21 pm

my mind (or my ILL?) today is a bit grey and rainy.
thanks for the stream, the photo is very beautiful!.
saludos,

Arcadia

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 15th, 2005, 12:21 am

West Texas in my rear view mirror,
Last edited by stilltrucking on June 5th, 2005, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » April 18th, 2005, 10:20 am

but you got a sunny disposition with your empty mind, man.

me, sometimes partly cloudy, like today. thinking about cognitive psycholgy, self-talk, and the transrational mu.

MU!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 18th, 2005, 4:19 pm

I got a sunny dispo
because I am high on the real thing, a shoe shine, a powerful gasoline, and a clean windshield.Firesign

Sorry just kind of stormy for me today. do not want to leave you hanging but my words fall out of my mouth and hit the floor. Language communication and jam.
Last edited by stilltrucking on June 5th, 2005, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » April 29th, 2005, 9:07 am

my poor friend peter
who woke up dead one sunday morning
fifty and gone
once told me
"i've seen the moon in the pond"
giving me his little zen book
and after he died
his mom sent me his entire kerouak collection

tex quotes "time defragments the soul"
which ain't the same thing as the mind
even reagunz had his insistant scribblings
more like a lengthy letter to to nancy
his soul lives on thru his beautiful kidz
why
even my old step-pop went down
once strong and cold-warrioring
turned to ashes struck down
last real picture of him in my mind's eye
smiling with gleam, a too-firm handshake
and warm at last before the fall
two short years later he was
incoherant and yet he was able to muster
"oh, you're the one who had so much trouble
and now you're ok," could not remember my name,
just an essence of it all, a beautiful point of view,
a mind troubled by glioblast from who knows what?
struggled to make his peace,
and he did with me,
so vulnerable, he became revealed.

emptying the mind is healthy shit
what i have felt since litkicks and here
volumes written of creative flow
but it also has slowed me down
a real clear stupor
not bad
just ready and open.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 24th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Time defragments the soul, not sure about that but it can focus the mind too, a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Litkics was a baptism of fire. When I was living in the mission down there in The Athens of the south, I spent a lot of time at the main library. stumbled on a little book By Reverend Moon. I can not remember his first name and I have searched and searched for it. The book was called or titled The Quaker Belief In The Baptism of THe HOly Spirit. It about the size of EB WHite's The Elements Of Style. Thin little book with about about a thousand bible quotes, literally just page after page or references to the theological arguements why baptism by fire was what a Friend should experience. Water baptism was not his thing. Not sure how this relates except I spent a lot of time on the flames board. I called it my Zen board. I think I broke through to new ground when one guy told me he wanted to fuck my poor dead mother up the ass and drible cum down her back. I think CitizenArmy was before your time.

These sunday streams as close as I get to a Meeting these days.
free rice

I used to be smart

diesel dyke

Post by diesel dyke » May 24th, 2005, 5:28 pm

my poor friend peter
who woke up dead one sunday morning
fifty and gone
once told me
"i've seen the moon in the pond"
giving me his little zen book
and after he died
the wind howls through my empty mind
so sometimes I get loaded
on an icy road loaded is better than a dead head
and I got one foot on the ice and the other in a grave. It would not be so bad except I can't afford no final expenses. Homeboy and I are not talking. Or at least he is not talking to me. I upset my little sister by telling her that I did not think we would all be together until our next funeral. I hope it is mine not hers or Homeboy's

Sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like he had a good death. Fifty one sounds like such a kid to me. Back in my fifties I was so much stronger. I still did not believe I was going to die. Now at sixty four I am considering the possibility. I think when one is at that moment of death, mind can get emptied pretty fast. I still have no practice going. Except a daily walk to the ice house to get cigarettes. Restless with road longing. Suicidal habits. Stroking out a dread fully real possibility. Visions of Japhy Ryder standing at my bedside with a compassionate smile looking down at me and saying "What did you expect schmuck." I been having luck with plants for the first time in thirty years. Maybe I will start nurturing myself too.
"We are made to be immortal, and yet we die. It's horrible, it can't be taken seriously. —ianeskimo"

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 27th, 2005, 9:26 am

When you say m-t mind I think of one mind. I think of my double mindedness. I could not begin to lie until I learned to talk.
Maybe that is what he meant by becoming like a little child again. Before language.

this don't mean nothing, just trying to bury diesel dyke, you have no idea how ignorant I am about women. I did not realize that she would be offensive to sum.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » August 10th, 2005, 7:14 pm

...no mind to pass judgments, no mind to choose sides, no mind to cloud over the clarity
I got in a tight spot with the suffering/desire trap today

I think I am creeping up on an empty mind

thanks to you

I just needed a dose of Sunday on a Wenesday today.

I thank you for the timely post today.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 6th, 2009, 11:47 am

<center>

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 6th, 2009, 1:00 pm

jimboloco wrote:
emptying the mind is healthy shit
what i have felt since litkicks and here
volumes written of creative flow
but it also has slowed me down
a real clear stupor
not bad
just ready and ope
Jim I don't know where all the words come from.
four years later I am sixty eight
My mind won't wrap around the words

empty mind
mind and soul
body and spirit
I am a Buddhist ner do well

The most undouble minded man I have ever met is my brother jitterbug. As close to a real life Christ figure as I got. That is what I love about him. He has only one mind about women. I remember when he stumbled on his truth that mtmynd is talking about.

Truth, something I am always trying to be aware of. But it seems to ever expand
evolve
but I guess you got to settle your accounts with the truth sometime. but do you have to close your mind to do it.

yeah ten four on being open minded.

I got to thank Cecil for bringing this thread up again. It is painful for me to see the vanity in all those user names. But everything is perfect as the Buddhists say.

Return to “Sunday Stream”