Sunday Stream [286] :: FLASHBACK - Iraq War 3.18.2003

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream [286] :: FLASHBACK - Iraq War 3.18.2003

Post by mtmynd » March 20th, 2017, 1:15 am

FLASHBACK : Iraq War, 3.18.2003, 14 years ago...

The War Machine has been well-oiled. The War Machine is prepared to strike. The War Machine doesn't care about your version of what peace should be. The War Machine is made to destroy and kill...some call it defense.

Who complains loudly about a despot in a desert thousands of miles away? He is responsible for the deaths of many at just a simple command followed blindly by his stooges. His own people kept in line and segregated by ancient religious belief systems are kept illiterate and masked by a future moving faster than they can comprehend.

All peoples speak of peace but none seem to agree as to what peace truly is. Peace is not ignoring realities. Peace is not simply halting violence. Peace is not a state of 'no war', for war is the job of the warrior class.

The warrior class has always been, and will always be. The warrior class trains and practices in the shadow world of camps and forts throughout the world on a daily basis. The warrior class, like all classes, has their time to 'Be'.

The world is not a peaceful place. Israel/Palestine, North & South Korea, various African countries, India & Pakistan, Kosovo...even the brutality within our own cities thru gang warfare... the world is not a peaceful place.

But violence when put into the hands of crazed, self-called rulers, prevents the attainment of the ideals of Peace. Many choose to turn-off their news radios and televisions and say to themselves "There, I am at peace now." But this level of peace, even tho it is temporal, works...until they go out into the streets again, join the fraternity of friends in work and in play. Then the reality of war & violence once again becomes apparent.

I am a man of Peace. I do not favor the extremes of War. I do not want to see or hear of innocents losing their lives to bombs and bullets. I do not want to even imagine the buckets of blood flooding the streets of Iraq, or any other country. But what I want and what is the reality are two different things.

My own Peace can only be found within myself. The idealism of 'World Peace' is illusory as long as mankind continues to live by their mind. It is the mind that works its Yin/Yang mercilessly. The mind solves problems, the mind creates problems. The mind stokes the ego. The mind is the Joker that confuses, doubts, brings disappointments. The mind brings the spark of creativity into being, the mind challenges problems into solving, the mind devises solutions - and the minds of the warriors today are going to battle.

No, this upcoming war with Saddam is not a perfect solution. But how perfect is Hussein? How perfect was Hitler? How perfect was Stalin? How perfect are the madmen that run countries according to their own whims and ways? How perfect are countries that are hungry? How perfect are countries that have no means to educate themselves? How perfect are countries that are unplugged from the rest of the world? How perfect are countries that have nothing but a misinterpreted religion controlling their lives?

And on the other hand, how perfect are countries willing to risk their own lives to defend other people against the atrocities of ignorance?

In this Yin/Yang world we will not see perfect Truth. In this Yin/Yang world we will never see True Peace. In this Yin/Yang world we will always have to make choices. We can only hope to 'liberate' a desert kingdom from its Monarchy of Madness... just to say 'we tried' and hope that we succeed with best intentions.

Cecil B. Lee

[written and posted 2003-03-18 06:56:00]

stilltrucking

Re: Sunday Stream [286] :: FLASHBACK - Iraq War 3.18.2003

Post by stilltrucking » March 21st, 2017, 2:27 am

Thanks for the stream Cecil a pleasure to read. 8)

"Coyote is always out there waiting, and Coyote is always hungry"

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 21st, 2017, 2:36 am

For some reason I don't remember this one. Yes, "liberation" was the word used by the people who lied us into that invasion, as I recall.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 21st, 2017, 7:23 pm

Gracias, amigos!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 21st, 2017, 7:28 pm

mnaz wrote:For some reason I don't remember this one. Yes, "liberation" was the word used by the people who lied us into that invasion, as I recall.
Hell, Mark... I don't remember many of them myself... that's why I've kept them in my own files. :)

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 26th, 2017, 4:59 pm

I'll have to do that too at some point, collect and file what I've done . . . though from '04-'10 or '11 or so, I was just starting to write, to learn about how I wanted to do it, plus I was just angry at my so-called government at the time, so I'm not sure how much would be worth saving, but you never know..

Return to “Sunday Stream”