Sunday Stream (57) ~ Language Stew

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 30th, 2005, 2:36 pm

Again, Panta, you make me smile - "we're using language to talk about itself!"

Indeed, excercising the vocabulary of language to pump up the mental muscles lying dormant within the confines of one's mother tongue, when there are so many mother's tongues speaking. How do we relate without a common tongue to guide us through the wilderness of understanding? Again the bell of silence rings just so within the stillness... where all understanding transcends language and we find our commonality.

Jack - good to see you around, even though I have no idea what you are talking about here... but that was self-admitted on your part. ;-)

It is the fault of language that lessens the desire to know, unless that knowing comes from within, where language has no limitation.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 30th, 2005, 5:24 pm

It is the fault of language that lessens the desire to know, unless that knowing comes from within, where language has no limitation.
Just taking you at your word mt,
Why English?
Why all these arayn based languages. Have you ever noticed how much people from India speaking their native tongue sound kind of like English even though you can't understand a word. Yes Panta explained it to me but but
using language to talk about language, language and communication and jam. we try to jam each other, the game of language.

In other words, this is as meaningless as intelligent design. The scerete of language is baby talk :wink:
free rice

I used to be smart

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 30th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Jack - you maka me laff.... :lol: always a healthy sign. Thx!

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 1st, 2005, 12:32 pm

Thx!
You make me think Cecil, which may or may not be a good thing. Did I mention that I all most went into a Freudian rant about the German word for It. Id? Ich?

These streams of yours are food for thought. Not just any daily bread but that east coast bread with a crust like one inch armor plate. Delicious.

just in passing, the real meaning of the stream for me was the guy holding up the flower. Not the copy cat but the original. Speaking of orignals I miss seeing judih and susan and mousey1 on the haiku board. Have I stepped on somebodies toes again? You laugh at me and that is good cecil, but Homeboy tells me I have a sick sense of humor.

a week behind on the streams I still have not read last weeks. I wonder how i sound to you right now. I am sort of the bionic ex truck driver, i got this pump hooked to my belly. An experimental medical device that delivers two ounces of low down southern whiskey straight into my gut every four hours. 285 blood sugar this morning and that got dam lump on the back of my neck feels a little bigger.

I picked up a twenty five cent book on Tibetan Humor last week at the local thrift shop. Best quater I spent this year.

keep on streaming compadre.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 1st, 2005, 10:52 pm

listen to the rose

it does not seek
to improve itself
to reinvent its life
to say more than it is

the rose only speaks
of what it is
thru its beauty
and its fragrance

speaking without tongue
speaking without word
we know what it says
in universal understanding

Cecil this was where I should have left it.

as beautiful and unexpected as a November rose.
Gracias

Sorry about the unrelated rambles, I came back to delete it but decided to apologize again. Like I said once before or as Sidney Toler or Walter Orland said in the old Charlie Chan movies, “Praise in any language is sweet.” Thinking about Geoff Parsons being annoyed when people like his writing one day and don’t like it the next. I know you could care less about words of praise. You are going with the flow, it just passes through you. I am grateful that some laughter is passing through me to you. Done.
free rice

I used to be smart

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 2nd, 2005, 12:34 am

Take care, Jack... Soo & I are headin' out to Austin Fri a.m. to do a weekend show... hope to find time to do a little Streaming Sunday... if not you'll know where I am. :wink:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 14th, 2006, 5:59 pm

:oops:
Sorry to kick this one up mtmynd, been a lot of words on words on GO lately Magic Words.

That book The Human Use of Human Beings was about Language CONFUSION and jam

verbal impulses come stroong on the sabbath, I comune with my friends from the vegetable kingdom

thoughts and post chug by like clouds.of entropy

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 14th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Rose without fly 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 22nd, 2006, 2:32 am

Just wondering where you got to this sunday. This is mother's day plus one week. My sister was talking for about going to cemetary to put some Roses on Rose's grave. She backed out last week, this week end was suppose to be our postponed Mother's day. But she could not bring herself to go this week either. Sons get off so easy. That mother daughter relation ship is so much deeper. At least in my family.

I am worried about her. I do what I can, You know I hear religous people say that you get what you deserve. I can't see how my baby sister deserved a father like Crazy Mike.

Return to “Sunday Stream”