Sunday Stream (87) ~ Words

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (87) ~ Words

Post by mtmynd » July 23rd, 2006, 12:13 am

Words
Words, words, words... they speak softly of the sacred in Holy Books, the speak in whispers of the profane. Words, words, words... they describe the untouchable, the embraceable, the impossible, the known and unknown. Words, words, words... they talk of hopes and wishes, of dreams and nightmares, lies and deceits. Words, words, words... they state facts and realties and touch upon truth.

Words, words, words... they tell of stories, they speak tall tales, words spell trouble when not used with care... they tell of histories, they speak of others. Words, words, words... they cast spells of our loves and passions, they tell of ourselves, they reveal our desires, our wants and our needs... words spell out our lives and count all our numbers.

Words are used to fragment our being, capturing moments that we long to remember. We utter our words using symbols of sounds to weave what we know and share it with others. Words have power more than we know - words have been used against us and words have been used for our good.

Words are woven together to speak of what we know and long to know. Words are our questions and our answers. Words that are written are pictures that jump start our imaginations.

It has been said by Mallarme, "The world was created so we may put it into books." Mankind has used symbols to capture what we have seen, both outside our minds and from our inner being. Words in and of themselves, before they become written, attempt to solidify what we know and what we see, how we perceive thru our senses.

There is nothing new under the sun... but our words. We create new words to express our new found knowledge, born of our discoveries of existence. True that existence has always been and we are but flashing moments before the cinema of life, but our words grow into new sounds, new definitions of our own evolving existence.

Words that attempt to define those experiences that lie beyond matter - love, bliss, awe, anger, hatred, spite... emotions that are real, but cannot be held - like the wind that is invisible but can only be known by the movement of matter whistling around it. Wind is real because we see its affects... our sweat cools to its essence, our hair, like grasses, blow with its flow... the winds are described by its what it does.

It may be said that winds are like thoughts that affect words ... thought (the faculty of thinking and reasoning), is the breeze that moves words into sounds, sharing part of ourselves with each other. We are givers - we also take - two words, givers/takers, the yin and the yang.. words may speak of oneness, but words are yin and yang. For every side we describe with our words, there are words to describe the opposite side.

When that happens, our words become futile in capturing the wholeness within. Our very being is limited to our potential, and our potential is our matter-given ability to manifest all that we are - our collectiveness of senses working to live, to be, to become, to know and to realize. And through these processes we share, we share on many levels that which sustains us as homo-sapiens - thinking man (sapiens wise, rational, present participle of sapere, to be wise).

We define our words with more words because we long to speak Truth. We take our words and add other words to them to give them strength and purpose, to make sure that the word is as understood as it can be. Words upon words, in many languages, and within each of the languages the regional usages, the slangs born of the micro-climes of cultures... our sapiens cranking away.

It is our wisdom that makes us more of what we are than all other words, but to put words to our wisdom is our challenge. Some use the pulpit, some use the stage, some use drama while others use humor. We write stories, we write philosophies, we weave our words in many ways, hoping to share even but a glimpse our ourselves with others.

We use words to lie to defend our weaknesses, our knowing that we hide within. We use words manipulated to present better stories, clearer ideas, less objectionable thoughts or comments... we lie with words to uphold our conditionings, our belief systems that we have molded together into either rugs or rags of our being. Our very existence relies upon words, and even if these words are never spoken out loud, we repeat the words in silence in our minds, still judging ourselves by the words that we hear, that we speak, and the words that we write...

cecil
23 July 2006

[Originally written 2/15/04, revised this date]
_________

Ghost Writer

words
are the symbols
from within

they are woven
into patterns of thought
designs of our being
touching our souls
lighting our perspectives

images of consciousness
blowing thru our minds
inciting the words
into life
to share with others

words they speak
words they tell
words to be engraved
words to be erased
our utterances
rely upon the word

in the beginning
the silence
stirred by desire
to live
thru words
creating our deeds
our needs
fulfilling self
to bloom
to perfume
in the garden
of existence

exposing the spirit
the word
is moved
by the winds
of inspiration
to give / to take
in balance
for inner harmony

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » July 23rd, 2006, 1:56 am

the echo of a harsh word
shadows my path
while a loving sound
enlightens

if i could choose
what would i prefer?
to leave strife
or to leave hope

sometimes a word said in love
can be more painful
than a word said in apathy

the receiver meets me halfway
believe in love
and you'll overcome the pain

believe in animosity
and you'll further the rift

a word to an open heart
can open millions more

good streamin, mtmynd

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 23rd, 2006, 8:41 am

Good words, Judih... assembled just write! :wink:

Thank you, amiga, and may all be well Nir Oz.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » July 23rd, 2006, 9:14 am

Period....the end .....if there really is one

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 23rd, 2006, 10:44 am

words & silence
both precious without price
and elocuent

thanks for the stream, Cecil!!!!!!
saludos,

Arcadia

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 23rd, 2006, 10:56 am

ah Cecil
what about those words from the back of your mind
the stray murderous thought
nay
but we read only good words
words written in G T A C
the word made flesh
we were made for the word
all of us

Thanks for the images, you too Kurt

J, they tell me Einstein said that insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Einstein might be the smartest man that ever lived. That don't make him the wisest. Maybe the situation is different this time. Maybe the same thing will produce different results. I saw pictures from the airport of AMerican Jews on their way to Israel last week. THey looked like they were on their way to the superbowl. All wearing their team's beenie and colors. I wish them well I hope their team wins with god on their side. But if we lose again, well there is always next year in Muleshoe Texas
Shalom
jt

just say hi jack cecil, and go ahead and delete this one too if you think is does not realate.
:wink:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 23rd, 2006, 11:18 am

Nice piece, artguy... period. :wink:

Ola, Arcadia! Si, palabras y silencio... el yin/yang del mundo de humanos. Gracias, amiga!

Jack.. your words, "...go ahead and delete this one too," confuse me. I don't recall ever deleting your replies. Am I mistaken..?

I should've included 'confusion' in the Stream... very powerful when it draws more words in an attempt to understand, eh?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 23rd, 2006, 12:13 pm

"...go ahead and delete this one too," :?

Yeah you did Cecil... Not important but it has left me a little nervous about replying to you on this board. I thought of the incident las week when WD was raging on j for deleting one of her posts.

I wrote a little lament for perezoso which you deleted. You sent me a nice explanation of your reasons. Water under the bridge, but it made me a lttle nervous. My problem not yours.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 23rd, 2006, 12:54 pm

Woah... perezoso, must've been a few moons back. So long ago I don't even remember. Not too unusual for me not to remember, Jack... I don't even remember many of these Streams after I write them! :lol: Good thing I save them. At my age I prefer to look forward as much as I'm possible. Dylan's 'Don't Look Back' is a contemplative exercise for me.

Nervous..? bummer. Look forward more, like driving that Diamond Reo. Too much time in the rear views ain't safe. :wink:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 23rd, 2006, 2:15 pm

Too much time in the rear views ain't safe.
Sometimes ya got to take a peek in those mirrors on an icy wind swept road. It is good to know when your trailer is getting ready to jack-knife.

Sometimes you have to look back in your mind. Those words from the back of your mind may tell you where you are not. :wink:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 23rd, 2006, 2:27 pm

The balance is within.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 23rd, 2006, 3:19 pm

The balance is within.
Just words
the imbalance lies within
the balance lies without
My mind is balanced on a point in space time where within and without intersect. It don't do no good to tell a man who is suffering, "But out asshole." just my opinion

Before they were enlightened, they pissed in the wind from time to time. After they were enlightened, they pissed in the wind from time to time....
---mnaz

Getting off topic Cecil, this is bringing in another thread which to me relates to this thread. I am very curious about those words in the back of your mind. Are the words above from the front of your mind?
Just thinking of a song for some reason, remember this one, Dylan did it too I think...
Come all without, come all within,
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.
Very greatful for the picture, it says it all for me. infriendship jt.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 23rd, 2006, 7:36 pm

JT: "I am very curious about those words in the back of your mind. Are the words above from the front of your mind? "

MT: Which words above? How far above? mnaz quote? The Stream?

If the Stream, the words were dormant, (about 3 inches or so from the very back, if I remember correctly), and kinda leapt forward, urging themselves to get out, to which I responded as best I could when it was first written.

Yes, the Mighty Quinn was written by Dylan... made popular by Manfred Mann.

MrGuilty

Post by MrGuilty » July 25th, 2006, 10:23 am

(I don't know how to say this to Jack. He might think I'm intruding on his space or something... "Butt out, asshole!" I can hear that in the back of my head. But, what's the cost of a few words spewn out like vomit from a stomach that has had enough..?)

It sounds as though you're not letting go... holding all this stuff in you, Jack, makes Jack a sick man. Look at all your thoughts stuck in your head like a weeks worth of food stuck in your stomach - they call that constipation. Makes anyone feel bocked up and... well, shitty (no pun intended). You got to get some of that out of you before you poison yourself. It's unhealthy for man or beast to keep those digested pieces inside you.

You've taken what you need from those scraps of life you've taken to heart and mind... taken lessons from them, but you seem to not want to dispose of the remains... the crap, the shit inside.

We all have to cleanse our bowels or else we poison ourselves with that 'stuff'... the same for what we take in our minds, our heads... these things can't just sit there regurgitating themselves over and over again without inflicting problems in the head... the mind.

Not sure what to recommend to you, Jack, for that much needed mental enema... but give it a chance by seeing yourself as a person in need of a good flushing. If you can find the right remedy, you're going to feel a hell of a lot better... so good that you'll be able to really help your sis' out. It'll do her a bunch of good, too.
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7620

I can't find my head anymore cecil. I have lost my sense of inside and outside, my skull is disolving.

I suppose I am full of shit Cecil. What are you full of? Good words?
I used to be smart

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 25th, 2006, 11:01 am

Jack: "I suppose I am full of shit."

C: Reminds me of that saying, "Everything I eat turns to shit." Shit is what's leftover and needs to pass after what is/was nourishing has been consumed. I think that applies to thoughts, too. Don't our thoughts kinda rush thru our heads... certainly not all of them are what we call 'good' thoughts. There's usually a mixture there. Calling those negative thoughts 'shit' is another way of saying we need to eliminate them.

J: "What are you full of? Good words?"

C: I'm just as full of shit as most of us. I just don't write too much about the 'shit' as only the few would read it... :wink:

The important thing for me is to keep the 'colon of my thoughts' cleaned out. I never know when a great new thought might want to nourish the old mind.

Return to “Sunday Stream”