Sunday Stream (98) ~ My Own World

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (98) ~ My Own World

Post by mtmynd » October 8th, 2006, 10:15 am

"I live in my own world ~ but it's O.K.. They like me here."
[inscribed on my coffee mug]
When I came across that mug it called out to me to take it home: "You understand. Please take me home with you..." it's quiet voice trailing off into the vacuum of the store.

I couldn't resist. Who could resist anything that makes you smile? With my mate's approval, (old married men stay married when they consult with their mates, you know), I gleefully purchased the dark blue mug and used it my first morning home. It holds maybe two cups of beverage but it kinda spills out of the corners of my mouth if I lift it too high to take a sip. Better to just lift it slowly and suck the coffee out of it. But it's the message, that inscription what makes it personal for me. The one flaw with this mug is that the inscription is on the reverse. I'm unable to enjoy its words while coffee leaks out of the corner of my mouth. Ths store I bought it from has their own logo in the front. If I were left-handed then the inscription would be on the front, but I'm not. Good thing. Statistics show that left-handed folks don't live past 82. I've got bigger plans in my own world.

My own world... yes! Who amongst us does not live in a world of their own making? And better yet, if that world accepts you, likes you... it's about as much as anyone can ask for. Now if I lived in my own world and everyone disliked me, well that would be the shitz. Nobody I know would like to live in a world they aren't liked.

If I found myself in a world I wasn't liked... worse yet, not understood, I'd be damn uncomfortable. Wouldn't you? Not having given it too much thought, being understood seems to me to be a priori to being liked. Maybe not a conclusive fact, but at least if I'm understood the chances of being liked are vastly improved. I could argue with my logic by using the example of understanding why someone brutally tortured another and that would not mean I'd like that person any better. So much for that string of logic! But as long as "they like me here" I'll stay. It's not torturous in any way.

It takes a long time to create a world. At least it's taken me longer than I expected. That's what I get for not being a 'Six Day God." Time moves differently for me than it did for him. Of course, arguably, God didn't have a clock to keep watch (?) over him. I do. Damn clock.
the clock... the clock
how non-stop
tick tock tick tock
who wound it up?
My world continues to evolve, ticking right along. Right now, (not this minute of course. 'lately' would be more apropos), my world includes making beaded jewelry. Just another 'thing' to ornament my world. Every good world needs beauty does it not? Imagining a world without beauty is rather Dantesque... a hellish vision that does little to inspire anything but more hellish visions. I don't want that in my world. Enough of it seeps in without my invitation.

But before I add beauty I've gotta have a solid foundation. Foundations in and of themselves are not beautiful but surprise the imagination into creation knowing the foundation is going to hold the creation solidly in place. I wouldn't want a shaky creation. That would only make shaky beauty. Ever see shaky beauty? Not so beautiful, is it? Shaky anything needs a support system.

A good world needs to be inviting. A place where comfort and a sense of peacefulness emanates. This would include good reasoning and acute logical thinking with a sense of humor on top. Reasoning, logic and humor may not, from the outside, seem too important for a good world, but logic and reasoning beg to differ. These things should also have a sense of beauty to them... the more clarity within them the better the vision of wholeness. Gotta have a whole world. Anything less than a whole world can't righteously be called a world, can it? A planet, maybe. But a world..? Nah. A world's got to have wholeness to it... a place of completeness to make me complete. Why build a world that is incomplete? That's why it's taking so damn long to create my own world. There's so much to do! But it's okay. I have time. Because once my world is done I can leave it and move on to another spatial place (splace?) and take with me the knowledge and know-how to do it all over again. Reincarnation for re-creation. What better recreation is there?

Yes sir... they like me here in my own world. Just as it should be. It's taken me on a long journey but without journeying one does not learn to know, you know? All these bits and pieces that I pick up along the way, souvenirs adding to the creation of my own world... a place where they like me. It's O.K.!

Remember: If we don't make our own world someone will make it for us and they won't do as good a job. :wink:

Cecil
08 October 2006
In its own world, the yucca is

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 8th, 2006, 10:52 am

My own world....sometimes a little hard to take....loneliness in the crowd...my own ego like a rock in the sand....so I drift off and lose myself unto my non existant self...and it all drifts off...sinks into the sand...no different than any other grain...all samsara the same....

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 8th, 2006, 3:20 pm

I think I got the message.

P.S.
kinda like the elusive "grail", i imagine...
I know what he means.
." Campbell states "the Grail becomes symbolic of an authentic life that is lived in terms of its own volition,...that carries itself between the pairs of opposites of good and evil, light and dark. Every act in life yields pairs of opposites in its results. The best we can do is lean toward the light, toward the harmonious relationships that come from compassion with suffering...that is what the Grail is about."
Last edited by stilltrucking on October 9th, 2006, 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » October 8th, 2006, 5:16 pm

thanks for the stream, Cecil!!
saludos,

Arcadia

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 9th, 2006, 12:01 am

kinda like the elusive "grail", i imagine...

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 9th, 2006, 12:55 am

Can I live in your world?

Purty please?

;)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 9th, 2006, 9:51 am

artguy... Sam Sara has been a knowledgeable companion for me for some time now. One heck of a rascal! Good to see Sam is in your world too. :wink:

Well, truck... thinking is the prime ingredient for understanding, I think... :wink:

De nada, mi amiga, Arcadia... de nada. Besos!

mnaz... you got me with that one. I've given 'grail' quite a bit of thought since I read that and still find myself as confused as the first time I read it. The trip hasn't been bad... just curious. Alice, in her world, understood curious,i.e., curiouser and curiouser and it was an interesting chapter in her life. :wink:

Speakiing of winks!! Mz Dor', the 2d most winker I know. (1st if I don't count myself). Sure, your welcome to live in my world... but! your world looks pretty good from this side of the monitor, I'll have you know. :wink: I believe you got this Stream, kiddo! TY

((full of winks today. Could be full of something else though. I wink myself a lot and share them with others too much... maybe?))

sooZen

Post by sooZen » October 11th, 2006, 11:36 am

I like your world, in fact, I LOVE your world...it makes my world a happy, pleasant place with loads of help, support and hugs.

My world has not exactly been easy this year but Thanks to you, it has been bearable.

The Yucca stands alone, (t-horny bastard! :wink: Another wink from the mate-err-dee) but it has a beautiful stalk of multiple flowers.

I liked this particular creek Cec, and yes, I read every single word.

Your leftest hand,
SooZ
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 11th, 2006, 12:54 pm

I live in a blue world
seen through rose-colored glasses.
I've been down so long,
I've run out of rhyme.
Blue World ... words & music by Clay January aka Lightning Rod and Rene Lawrence aka Stupid Bob, covered by moi on my one and only CD, "Perimeters"

Why did I choose that song? Because it's TRUE, that's why! What appears on a monitor can be deceiving. ;) winkiewinkie

Yes, I got your column. Thank you for it. And thank you for your consistent weekly columns for how long now? 2 years? This is your 98th column. Coming up on 2 years. There are 52 weeks a year, right? That's an impressive amount of writing! And it's not just quantity. It's quality that counts. :D You should compile a manuscript! But you know that.

I have created my own world and I love my world, no matter how confusing it is. It's mine! And if anybody doesn't like it, too freakin bad! ha! See? I got it. I'm comfortable here in my own skin and it's taken me a long time to get here. It's just a matter of continually weeding out the stuff on the outside of me that makes me uncomfortable because who needs it? Right? This is a constant process. However, even with a few discomforts, I'm OK. It's a good world. I work hard. I play hard. And I explore and create stuff, no matter how lame. ;) Plus, I am the periwinker. *smile*

Great to see you, SooZ! How's our beaded lady doing? You, my dear, are a gem! A jewel! And we have missed you mucho. ;) winkiewinkie

:D

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 14th, 2006, 8:01 pm

whoa ah wow! thx, soo, for taking time to post! good to see your printed name here.

Dor'... yup, 99 is coming up... tomorrow if i'm lucky. time flies are attracted to ... err, no, that's "time flies when you're filling in the blanks" isn't it..? shoot! it's early... thanks for your kindness, m'am!

Return to “Sunday Stream”