Sunday Stream (6) ~ Vazaloopala

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (6) ~ Vazaloopala

Post by mtmynd » November 7th, 2004, 3:20 am

I live in Vazaloopala. It's on the outskirts... away from all the nonsense that troubles most people. Here in Vazaloopala I can turn off all the garbage that even troubles me.

There is no semblance of crime or deceit here in Vazaloopala... not even poverty or ignorance. Some say Vazaloopala sounds like one of them Utopias that folks have tried to make for themselves. I don't know. But I do know that Vazaloopala is my kind of place... a place that is filled with ease, and ease is something I can live with.

Vazaloopala... Vazaloopala... you are my dream when I lie awake and embrace your atmosphere. I don't know what goes on outside of Vazaloopala when I am in my precious Vazaloopala.

I am never alone in Vazaloopala... never a moment without hope... never a moment of despair. Here is where I am with Self and all the love that can possibly be.

”Saturday 06 Nov 2004 - BAGHDAD, Iraq - Facing a major assault in Fallujah, insurgents struck back Saturday with suicide car bombs, mortars and rockets across a wide swath of central Iraq, killing over 30 people and wounding more than 60 others, including two dozen Americans.”

Maybe I should invite some war makers over to Vazaloopala. Here they'll find find ease, too. War frame of mind just dissolves here in Vazaloopala - vaporized into the peace o' mind that swallows all negativity. It may do them good. It does me when I come to Vazaloopala.

What is with this other world... the one that you and I 'normally' live in? We don't like this kind of living. Do you know anyone that does? Come on now... speak the truth now. This world that seems to surrounds us is chaos looking for a cause to unwind the stress that connives to upset the balance of ease into dis-ease. And they call it 'reality' as if it is real... can you believe that.

”Friday, 05 Nov 2004 - AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Board of Education approved new health textbooks for the state's high school and middle school students Friday after the publishers agreed to change the wording to depict marriage as the union of a man and a woman. “

You gotta be kidding me. After all this time and the state of Texas, U.S.A. (Austin no less!), and they gotta rewrite the schoolbooks to define what marriage is. I am hetero, but I sure don't ever want some textbook telling me what my marriage should be... that is between me and my mate and the spirit of love that lies just outside the limits of logic. But here in Vazaloopala there is no stupidity. Stupidity just doesn't have a chance here. There is no nourishment for it to take hold, and so whither it does. Vazaloopala is that kinda place, you know... not giving any credence to stupidity at all.

It's not that difficult to not be stupid. O, it may offer a challenge and indeed it does at times, but full-fledged stupidity can easliy be overcome by simply knowing damn good and well that it is just plain stupid to be stupid - the only stupid thing is stupidity... and stupidity doesn't have a chance in Vazaloopala.

”Friday, 05 Nov 2004 - "George W. Bush has won re-election as president exactly as his campaign planned -- on the strength of his appeal among religious conservatives," said Beliefnet, an organization providing information on different religions.”

Well, let me tell you something - one is either religious or not religious... there is no liberal or conservative religion. If there is it ain't no religion. At least that's the way it is in Vazaloopala. Religion is a subject you see... simply a subject. In Vazaloopala there has never been a wise person that spoke of 'their religion' as if they made it themselves. They would never have the audacity nor the arrogance to speak of 'their religion' and especially propose that it has a conservative side or a liberal side to it. No siree, not in Vazaloopala! Religion is a subject and though a subject may have differing opinions that is where it ends. It's what is between the words of the religion is all that matters here in Vazaloopala, and if those spaces touch your spirit and bring light into your life then that is enought. If someone claims to be religious but never brings love to the table their religion obviously is not religion but a rule... and rules just can't be followed here in Vazaloopala, not because of any thing but for the love of freedom.

Freedom is the most important thing in Vazaloopala, you see. Without being free one cannot go anywhere without some constraints that hamper their being. That scares a lot of people because they think that freedom allows people to kill and cheat, hurt and hate, ignore and lie... all kinds of negative stuff that covers up the spirit. But when we are free a wholly thing happens to us - love embraces us and all those scary things that were in the mind vanish.... just go away because they know that they no longer hold any value - poof! the walls are no more and the spirit is free from mind. Ease enters the body and stress is alleviated just the way it was intended.

"Buddha says the greatest joy in life is freedom: freedom from all prejudices, freedom from all scriptures, freedom from all concepts and ideologies, freedom from all desires, freedom from all possessiveness and jealousy, freedom from all hatred, anger, rage, lust... in short, freedom from everything, so that you are just a pure consciousness, unbounded, unlimited. That is the greatest joy, and it is possible -- it is within everybody's grasp. You just have to grope for it a little. The groping will be in the dark, but it is not far away. If you try, if you make an effort, you are bound to find it. It is your birthright."[/size] osho

Freedom is everyone’s birthright. Pretty powerful words... try telling that one to a politician or even a priest. There is neither in Vazaloopala... no need for either to prevent mind or body form experiencing freedom.

The best of governments make the promise for Freedom, yet they fail miserably because of their cost - their cost is the people's cost and that puts a price on freedom. But true freedom is beyond price, beyond cost, and beyond containment...and consequently, government cannot give you something that is already your birthright. How can they guarantee you something that you are innately born with? The best of governments can give you promises - protect you, give you work, give you health services, make sure you have food - but all these things are costly, and eventually you pay the cost if you want the promises to continue. But the promises are thinly disguised. The governments should tell you that they will try the best they can to offer these concerns, but it is up to the people to follow through, and to follow through thoroughly, not just half-assed attempts at making sure you are safe and healthy and educated. No, these things are not what freedom truly is... they are only communal efforts at aiding the society in which we live, and even those have cost limits to them because there is only so much currency within the system. But true freedom is freedom from governments and priest and promises and threats from a god that longs to limit your freedom. This is not God but only god with a small 'g'... small like the mind that conceives of a wrathful being greater than our own spirit of being.

There are no conundrums in Vazaloopala. All is there for the knowing and all is there for the mystery - the mystery that allows us to experience the divinity of life... the alpha and omega, the limitless limits, the oneness of the whole, and the bliss of love sustaining all matter that relies on the one true Light that guides all life on its endless journey between the words and past the mind.

cecil [in a Vazaloopala frame of mind]
07 nov 04
Last edited by mtmynd on March 19th, 2010, 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 7th, 2004, 11:05 am

nice stream, cec

I think we saw last Tuesday where most people live
they live in their fears and their superstitions
that's why the politics of fear and religion won

Vazaloopala would be nice, but right now I'm thinking about Vancouver or Baja
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 7th, 2004, 1:10 pm

Wow!

I live in Perilyricoast.

It's a place that's *exactly* the same as Vazaloopala!

How can Perilyricoast apply to be a sister city of Vazaloopala? hmmm?

Excellent Stream, brotha! You hit on so many truths here... Makes me extremely happy that I live in Perilyricoast, where freedom runs rampant, where all the ladies are beautiful, all the men are intelligent and all the children are passionately involved in arts programs. ;)

I love your streams.... this one especially makes me smile.... and please know that even though I don't always reply to them, I read each and every one of them and treasure them with my whole heart.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 7th, 2004, 2:14 pm

hi Cecil......one heck of a week if I do say so.....I guess we all say so.....there were some words in your arcticle that struck me.....the first was ther word "wholly"....I love the thought of this....kinda gets to the heart of the matter......and within the Osho quote.... the word "freedom" rang.....and I thought of how the Buddha said it could be found through non-attachment......and lastly the word "mystery"...which for me is what life is all about....it can' be bought...sought...or even thought-up...it is one thing that just happens......we cannot control....I find myself knockin' the bully boy inside me off his feet continually, if Carole Jean does'nt do it first...
Cecil is it not enough in this life for a man or woman to live in a Vazaloopala state of being? .....the outside is unfathomable and the inside only becomes a (lil) clear when ya watch after yerself....if i've learned one thing in these 51 years on earth it's to watch what you say and be an innocent child at play.....Cecil you are a Brother and even though I have never met ya to me you are like no other...........peace and love to you and yours.....mark

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 7th, 2004, 3:04 pm

Well, Cecil.... sounds like you live in a good neighborhood. I've been looking for a place there. It sure beats this material ghetto which is closing in around me. Here, the point isn't the whole, but controlling or exploiting the whole, and "freedom" is what separates us from the others....

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 7th, 2004, 4:28 pm

Many thanks to you, L'Rod, Doreen, wired and mnaz... needless to say, I do appreciate your replies.

Late last night I just hopped a boat, not very crowded I must say, and ended up at Vazaloopala. Man, I felt so at home there I just had to share it with everybody that stopped by today's Stream.

Sure glad you liked the place... as I know we all share a commonality, no matter what we call our special place. It is that one place within that, not unlike the mulitiple names for our One Spirit, is the Oneness of our Being.

Thx again and Peace 2U'all -

cecil (doin a show w/ Soo today...)

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » November 7th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Vazaloopala, here I come!
I love this stream Cec....
Thank you
H

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 7th, 2004, 11:49 pm

Thanks for your stream, cecil!.
(I don´t live in Vazaloopala but I can read you).
See you,

Arcadia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 8th, 2004, 3:02 pm

Hes' and Arcadia - always a joy to hear from you. I'm happy that you guys are my regulars and have been enjoying the Streams for so long...

Gracias, mis amigas...

cecilio

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 8th, 2004, 7:07 pm

Last edited by stilltrucking on December 23rd, 2004, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 9th, 2004, 7:09 pm

howdy, truckin' - nice seeing you around. do you think that there is anything between the prayer wheel and the steering wheel of that truck of yours..? :D Life is pretty much a wheel, but it has a third dimension to it - a spiral, no? around and around and up and up we go... if we're lucky.

We have some tibetan prayer flags... all strung together like a clothesline... something like hangin your laundry so ol' sol will dry out the tears of grief, which are what most prayers are... relieve the distress of a soul gone wrong.

btw: nate's artwork mostly consists of rectangular boxes of different colors... interesting that you mentioned a checker board, eh?

thanx for your reply,

cecil

Return to “Sunday Stream”