Sunday Stream (111) ~ Shadow Train

Poetic insight & philosophy by Cecil Lee.

Moderator: mtmynd

mtmynd

Sunday Stream (111) ~ Shadow Train

Post by mtmynd » January 28th, 2007, 2:44 pm

Shadow Train

If there is any truth to a picture having a thousand words
I can only count seventeen, (unless I count these nineteen words,
but they don't have a damn thing to do with a Shadow Train).

So, with or without the Shadow Train, I'm now up to thirty-six words
but I haven't included these words beginning with 'So' which would
bring it to sixty six (if I don't include the words in parentheses).

Assuming Shadow Train had something to do with this line of thinking, which it doesn't (or doesn't it?), the total number of words used once I reach the end of this sentence will total one hundred ten words.

That would leave me with at least eight hundred and ninety words to reach the thousand that would make a picture worthy of the thousand. I have failed miserably in even getting close to that number as I now am up to one hundred sixty two words (including these words in parentheses).

Now you may be asking yourself, "Cecil, I'm wondering what this has to do with your picture Shadow Train?" I can hear at least one of you that has the patience to read this far asking that. To be frank with you, nothing. Unless you take the word 'wonder' and substitute the 'o' for an 'a' to make the word 'wander.' That is what a Shadow Train does - wander (at least until the sun reaches midway in the sky and there are no clouds, of course). There the Shadow Train comes to rest... for a little while anyway, until it begins wandering again. The Shadow Train is able to go anywhere a shadow goes... wandering across deserts, mountains, rivers and streams (!)... across plants and animals, fishes and things. The Shadow Train is not a train that sticks to a set of tracks but makes it's own.

The Shadow Train is a good way for any decent astral hobo to ride... like a cloud traversing the skies, unencumbered by the question of why, the destination ends when the Sun goes down with the night a depot where rest is assured. The Shadow Train has no conductor and no engineer. It rambles silently on a journey never quite clear. No bells, no whistles, no need for any fuel, the Shadow Train just travels anywhere it wants to. But as we’re all reliant upon the great Sun, so the Shadow Train does too. But sure a the sun rises, the Shadow Train begins another round of travels as any true train would like to do.

But try as I may the thousand word goal is as illusive as a Shadow Train’s roll. I’ve reached a limit (blame it on the sun), where the Shadow Train has taken me as far as I dare go. If I have any passengers who hopped this train before, just a note of thanks and may we one day do some more.

If I’m not mistaken, I’m only half way there... five hundred words is all....

Cecil
28 January 2007

Artguy

Post by Artguy » January 28th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Perhaps the 1000 words don't have anything to do with the subject...perhaps the next 1000 words uttered are inspired by the subject..............Quite honestly I have a hard time coming up with 10 words about any one of my self made images...some times a piece of art leaves me speechless.............

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 28th, 2007, 6:02 pm

artguy: "Quite honestly I have a hard time coming up with 10 words about any one of my self made images..."

Reminded me: Last year at a joint show I was in, the gallery owner loves to have the artists give a talk about their artworks... gathers the featured artists together some 2 weeks after the opening for Joe Public to come in an listen to the artists talk. I don't care for that... at all. I end up just bullshitting about things just to kill time.

The first time I got caught in that, I read a Sunday Stream relating to art. Some folks clapped when it was over. I'm not sure if it was because it was over. ;-) But the owner is cool... he doesn't care what you say as long as you say something.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » January 28th, 2007, 10:14 pm

I loved this stream, cec
it was true poetic prose

plus insight and all that cosmic shit :lol:

you know my motto: It's twice as good if you can say it in half as many words.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 29th, 2007, 11:53 am

yup... that cosmic smell.
sometimes so fragrant
other times so stinking
i can't stand to be around
either for long for i fear
a lapse of now would mimic
the reality of the fantasy
the fantasy of the reality