Al Gore on What We're Fightin' For

The Philosophy of Art & Aesthetics.

Moderator: e_dog

e_dog

Al Gore on What We're Fightin' For

Post by e_dog » December 11th, 2007, 8:35 pm

Al Gore has declared war on pollution in the name of Peace, peace with the earth.

He courageous, we must wage war against Exxon, against Oil, against neocons.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » December 11th, 2007, 8:36 pm

We must quickly mobilize our civilization with the urgency and resolve that has previously been seen only when nations mobilized for war. These prior struggles for survival were won when leaders found words at the eleventh hour that released a mighty surge of courage, hope and readiness to sacrifice for a protracted and mortal struggle.

These were not comforting and misleading assurances that the threat was not real, not imminent; that it would affect others but not ourselves; that ordinary life might be lived, even in the presence of extraordinary threat; that Providence could be trusted to do for us what we would not do for ourselves. No, these were calls to come to the defense of the common future. They were calls upon the courage, generosity and strength of entire peoples, citizens of every class and condition who were ready to stand against the threat, once asked to do so. Our enemies in those times calculated that free people would not rise to the challenge; they were, of course, catastrophically wrong.

Now comes the threat of climate crisis, a threat that is real, rising, imminent and universal. Once again, it is the eleventh hour. The penalties for ignoring this challenge are immense and growing and at some near point would be unsustainable and unrecoverable. For now, we still have the power to choose our fate, and the remaining question is only this: Have we the will to act vigorously and in time, or will we remain imprisoned by a dangerous illusion?
democracynow.Org

e_dog

Post by e_dog » December 13th, 2007, 3:11 am

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxon
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxon

death
death
oil
is death

End the Earth

burn fossil burn

e_dog

Post by e_dog » December 17th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Why do they hate US? Because We're killing tha Planet.
Bali Talks Ends Without Plan To Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions
The international climate change summit in Bali has ended with no new plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions. By the end of the two-week summit negotiators could only agree to a framework for negotiating a climate change pact over the next two years. The United States initially refused to even sign the Bali roadmap but backed down under intense pressure. The Bush administration was widely criticized throughout the Bali talks for opposing mandatory emissions cuts for developed countries. Friends of the Earth accused ministers from some industrialized countries of letting down the people of the world.

Shane Rattenbury of Greenpeace: “Well look this afternoon we’ve seen the climate change talks brought back from the brink of collapse. Unfortunately the final deal does lack the substance that we would have hoped to see here.”

United Nations Climate Chief Yvo De Boer said some accomplishments were made in Bali.

Yvo De Boer: “And also we have taken important decisions on carbon capture and storage to look at technical legal policy and financial aspects relating to carbon capture and storage. And that I think is a critical advance for countries like China and India that will continue to use coal going into the future but also offers a prospect for oil producing nations to become part of the solution rather than part of the problem.”

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » December 18th, 2007, 1:35 am

That's cool. Too bad that few of the eco-crats can really prove (ie in laboratory settings) that increases in man-made CO2 result in significantly higher temperatures (not only that, the hottest decade on record over last 100 years or so was in 30s, not 90s!. Gore errored there).

Given that man-made CO2 (like in your favorite soft drink, right) is less than like half of 1% of entire atmosphere, it's all rather speculative. Greenhouse gases do have some effect on weather, but many --even some groovy green sorts--say man-made CO2 is not the culprit (could also be dioxins, or carbon monoxide, other pollutants). That may be bor-reeng, but better some fact-checking than corporate eco-politics (I am against Exxon, etc. And Occidental too. Gore was on Occi payroll for years).

e_dog

Post by e_dog » December 18th, 2007, 4:30 am

forget Gore. You think the Intergovernmental Panel's mental? Only a few kooks think that climate change isn't manmade in part. Even if its not certain, Precautionairy principal, mon.

Naw, better to keep drivin cars. Yeah coal. More nukes! Wars for oil. Don't wanna screw up my day. Forget them public transportashuns and renewable resourzes.

Return to “The Anti-Academy”