Moderator: e_dog

e_dog

Post by e_dog » May 27th, 2008, 2:04 am

fragments from a MEMORIAL DAY flame war thread:

Protest American imperialism.

(s[h]ame as awlwayz.)

virtual desecration of tombstones?

um...please.

any and EVERY image posted on the web is fair game to be altered, distorted, re-used, photos of monuments to the dead not excluded.

if you're so easily offended, don't post it on the internet. (that's a general, an unaddressed statement, not addressed to those here.)

L-rod just got censored plain an simple.

way to honour those who died in foreign warz, so we could take away our own freeeedom here at home.

what's next, mandatory pledge o allegiance to Bush?!

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 27th, 2008, 9:17 pm

All the links are from the first post.

I hate memorial day more than any other holiday
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 6th, 2008, 12:29 pm

he came in thru th wires in th wee hours
slit their throats an left

fuck it
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 6th, 2008, 1:10 pm

General Order
No. 11

<center>
Headquarters, Grand Army of the Republic
Washington, D.C., May 5, 1868</center>

The 30th day of May, 1868, is designated for the purpose of strewing with flowers or otherwise decorating the graves of comrades who died in defense of their country during the late rebellion, and whose bodies now lie in almost every city, village, and hamlet churchyard in the land. In this observance no form or ceremony is prescribed, but posts and comrades will in their own way arrange such fitting services and testimonials of respect as circumstances may permit.

If other eyes grow dull and other hands slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well as long as the light and warmth of life remain in us.
http://www.suvcw.org/logan.htm

You know I can't deal with it, maybe because I don't have to, just a bunch of war movies in my head dirty old men who did not go to war but played so many combat heroes in "Ho Wood" movies (perezoso word Ho Wood, he had an eye for the movies, maybe better than anyone here)

I can't deal with it
I can't deal with sack of shit president looking so commander in chiefish laying the wreaths on a dead heroes grave.
I can't deal with it jimbo

Give me a memorial day for every war that's all I want, no generic war holidays, I want a veteran's day for every war, a memorial day for every war.

Have we had 365 wars yet. Cause maybe when we do and run out of holidays we will find a better way.

I do not mean to be disrespectul, I am crazy jim, just check with my draft board, a four f hippie just because after my father died and I froze up inside I could not get to sleep without the comforting image of a shot gun tucked up under my chin and my finger on the virtual trigger.

SO now it looks like Karl Rove will be getting a third term, trashing Wesley Clark for saying that McCain is the real deal a true hero but getting shot down in a fighter jet does not necessarly make for a president.

No more civilians in the oval office, we need a commander in chief, I think that this whole debate about lapel pins is very helpful. I think the problem is that presidential candidates should have their own unifourms.
maybe something like this

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previe ... 426978.JPG

Meanwhile McCain has surrounded himself with scalawags but we don't mind, because McCain has a plan to win the VietNam war.

Photo courtesey of jimboloco

I guess what I mean to say in my inarticulate way
is every day is memorial day for me
I don't think a day goes by that I don't mourn.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » August 28th, 2008, 12:35 pm

oh man
i yam gonna aks for an ale an a joint
an louunge away
watching my soul
go thru bardo
sweeping leaves
with perennial shedding trees
a subtropical canopy
an then
nada
until i come back from th daid
daid drunk an over th wall
marijuana anyjuana :?:
I Spent Years as a POW with John McCain, and His Finger Should Not Be Near the Red Button

By Phillip Butler, Military.com. Posted August 21, 2008.

http://www.alternet.org/story/95825/
A fellow Vietnam POW of McCain's warns of the candidate's "quick and explosive temper" and suggests McCain is exaggerating his imprisonment. Doctor Phillip Butler is a 1961 graduate of the United States Naval Academy and a former light-attack carrier pilot. In 1965 he was shot down over North Vietnam where he spent eight years as a prisoner of war. He is a highly decorated combat veteran who was awarded two Silver Stars, two Legion of Merits, two Bronze Stars and two Purple Heart medals. After his repatriation in 1973 he earned a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of California at San Diego and became a Navy Organizational Effectiveness consultant. He completed his Navy career in 1981 as a professor of management at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. He is now a peace and justice activist with Veterans for Peace.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 28th, 2008, 2:49 pm

This will go down in history as the greatest memorial day speech ever.
July 23, 2008 | On Memorial Day, President Bush paid tribute to the troops and their families at Arlington National Cemetery. Of the men and women buried there, President Bush declared, "They're an awesome bunch of people, and the United States is blessed to have such citizens."

Hard for me to speak to a man's mental state after a war time experience jimbo. I mean I am certified.

<center>
But</center>

What the guy is saying reminds me of the stuff that went out about Kerry. Remember the fat cats at the repukelican convention in 2004 wearing the john kerry purple heart bandaids.

I thought this was an interesting take on McCain by Barry on the Creative Board yesterday

The Role of John McCain

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » September 3rd, 2008, 2:35 am

grr thanks wally i had my 2 cents to say
a great take on it and one hopes his prophetic game-calling is true
still it brings together an assortment of scary characters
the likes of which i hope to not see again for quite awhile

thanks for the memorials
with pomp and polish
a rifle volley
a flag
taps

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 7th, 2008, 9:29 am

jimboloco you could say unless I have seen what you have seen I can not know.

Kind of like what izzy was saying about the black experience.

A world war vet told me I was lucky to have been classified four f. And he said the heroes don't come home.

I am just saying it is disrespectful to me the lip service Bushie and those other dirty old men like Cheney pay to veterans.

I have not seen
I suppose I am blessed

Jacks my jaws to hear some old guy here talk about laying an ass whupping on some country. A war he can not possibly serve in. He should shut the fuck up with his military opinions. But fifty eight thousand men died to defend and protect his constitutional right to his opinions. Even if the threat to the usa was coming from Washington DC not Hanoi.
His dues ain't fucking paid, and my are not paid either. I respect your opinions jimboloco. I try to not forget I am a four f hippie conscientious objector.

I am just saying how it is for me.

I am not going to study war no more, seems like there are plenty of want to be chriistian soldiers, muslim soldiers or whatever, nobody going to miss onel old pacifist hippie.

I walked the streets of Nagasaki with Ferlinghetti's eyes.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » October 18th, 2008, 7:07 pm

I walked the streets of Nagasaki with Ferlinghetti's eyes.

Great! line.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 20th, 2008, 8:35 am

speaking of lines

I got this wrong
"Language is merely a bitch with an ice pick" (paraphrase of jota poem)
not jota another litchicks poet I got a link to it somewhere for what it is worth. I think the archives are gone.

Return to “The Anti-Academy”