(In)Famous

The Philosophy of Art & Aesthetics.

Moderator: e_dog

e_dog

(In)Famous

Post by e_dog » November 1st, 2004, 1:43 pm

Sometimes, a delusion of grandeur can be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 5th, 2004, 1:43 am

i donno about that... i mean, i've seen delusions of grandeur and grander illusions oftentimes, as well, and as far as i can tell the illusionist is the recipient of his own tricks but then again, sometimes the disillusionist is just as much at fault, no matter what prophetic reasonings or predictions.

y'know?

:D

but please don't quote me on that.

;)

e_dog

Post by e_dog » November 8th, 2004, 11:18 pm

i thought i was with you up to the entrance of the disllusionist (which is a great word) but then i got sortof lost. please explain further, or spin word word combos of brilliance, as ye wish.

"Sometimes" is the key word for my epigram, because that's the hedge that makes it work aright.

you can get away with any reasonable sounding even if strange conslusion if it is hedged with the word Sometimes. or, better yet, Perhaps." the great "Perhaps" is the true disillusionist's reply because it does not replace one illusion woith another. most relious prophecy comes in the form of saying: that other belief or way of life is illusion; HERE is the TRUE REALITY; i know the way. but that of course too proves to be another illusion which another neo-illusionist has to dispell and replace or seek to replace with another illusion. until the arrival of the true disillusionist. there have been few before. maybe they will not come again. maybe they are already here and maybe we don't want them to be.

can we live with illusions? do we even know what that might be. is all ilusion as some have said or is the illusion that there are no illusions.

i don't know. even
what i am saying. psyche.

or do i.

Return to “The Anti-Academy”