possibility of a studio jam

The Philosophy of Art & Aesthetics.

Moderator: e_dog

e_dog

possibility of a studio jam

Post by e_dog » November 9th, 2004, 12:17 am

anybody interested in a scheduled "theory jam" or discussion at a prearranged time or day a la the poetry jams? one could chime in at any time.

this is an effort to boost participation in htis formu in which few people yet seem to want to contribute. i just want to run this by the regular patrons (if any) to see what kind of interest there may be before broadcastin gto the rest of the community a plan for such a jam.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 9th, 2004, 7:51 pm

hey e-dog!

as i said when you mentioned this before... sounds good to me!

but since I'm not sure I'm qualified as a jam participant for such topics because of my limited intelligence and education,.. i defer you to the general community population for response :D

Here's what I suggest... post this suggestion as a Sticky topic on the General Discussions board so more people will see it because I think more people go there regularly and be a little more specific about the type of jam you envision... For instance, I'm not sure what you mean by a "theory jam." What types of theory? Maybe give a couple of examples or something, ok? Will that work? If you can't post Sticky there (and you might not be able to since you're not a moderator on that forum), send me a PM or an email and let me know the topic has been posted and I'll make it Sticky for you so it sticks up top for a while. Also, suggest a date and time for the event, maybe, ok?

Then, we'll see how many are interested.

I think it would be great to have jams here on many topics and your forum seems a perfect place for sparkling conversation and debate...

(That's my "theory" anyway ;))

Return to “The Anti-Academy”