check out this scam

Publish it here.
Axanderdeath

check out this scam

Post by Axanderdeath » March 8th, 2005, 11:44 am

I have been sending stuff out everywhere like carzy-look at what these asholes sent me. Trying to get me to send them money-oh I got chosen-fucking assholes. When one of these is sent to you you know that your really not that good. How stupid did they think I was?-------

the email:

Circle of Poets - Results From the Authors' Contest

Dear Geoff Parsons,

We have chosen to publish your poem in the 2005 edition of poetry vibes. Your poem was part of a high number of entries. Our editors recognize its technical qualities. It is with great pleasure that we would like to inform you that your poem:

“All your stuff sounds the same Geoff. All your stories are about you and they all are the same.
All your characters are the same.”

“That is just because you don’t understand bitch. I am trying to tell the world about what I see
and think.”

“Well it is boring. And, Geoff, can you please not call me bitch?”

“Why? you call me a bastard and make fun of things I do. Why are you so much better because
you go to university? What makes you so high and mighty. I think that there are lots of
people that would want to read my stories. It is just people like you that keep fucking greats
like me down.”

“Geoff your so average.”

“Bitch.”

“Geoff if you do that again I am leaving.”

“bitch...” (She gets up and starts to leave I grab her arm)

“Let go of me Geoff.”

“No, look just don’t leave I am sorry.”

“Just because your jealous of my education does not mean you can treat me like that.”

“I am not jealous, just fucking people like you don’t get it. Any one can be famous and great.
It is all bullshit.”

“Maybe for you Geoff, but that is because you don’t know anything.”

“Err, your right. Come back top bed.”

“Okay.”

has been selected to get published.

Though we do not offer royalties, your copy rights are fully respected.

You are also considered as part of finalists for our grand prize of $5000.

Please note that only members who order the 2005 manuscript qualify for the $5000 grand prize (this is required to fund the prize, to craft and print the manuscripts and to support our team - thank you for your understanding) and receive an invitation for the global poetry conference.

Once you order, we will contact you soon with more details on that global conference (with poetry experts and all 2005 contest winners working on technical/improvisation workshops).

Our editors select poems on the basis of rhythm, use of imagery, style and individuality. With respect to your poem "Killer", our team of editors has particularly appreciated the images and mood evocated throughout.

All Circle of Poets members can now read your poem in our new manuscript and we will also present it to other publishers and poetry organizations. We will ask for your authorization in the event your poem is also selected by another publisher.

Our own manuscript is made of high quality, bounded paper. The manuscript contains professional illustrations. It makes a terrific coffee table book and a great gift to friends and family!

Should you want to receive a copy (copies) before reserves run out, please click on the "buy now" image button below.

Note: If you can not make payment to us by using the "BUY NOW" button at the left, please click here or copy the following url and paste it in the address bar of your browser:
http://www.circleofpoets.com/payment/pa ... emID=22605

For help, support, and enquiry, please feel free to contact us at help@circleofpoets.com

The manuscript "Poetry Vibes" is priced at $49 to provide for the high costs of editing, printing and for the high quality book.

Please note that due to high demand and limited supplies, manuscripts are available on a first come, first serves basis.

Note: If you don't want to receive any further news from us, please click here to opt out. Or just send an email to cancel@circleofpoets.com.

The Circle of Poets team.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 8th, 2005, 11:50 am

i don't get it.
Is this for real?
The writer has a number of bizarrities... "evocated" - no such word
"considered as part of finalists" ?

not a phrase written by an english speaker...
weird
and don't get caught by this scam...

j

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » March 8th, 2005, 11:54 am

judih wrote:i don't get it.
Is this for real?
The writer has a number of bizarrities... "evocated" - no such word
"considered as part of finalists" ?

not a phrase written by an english speaker...
weird
and don't get caught by this scam...

j
I like that my "Poem" had technical asspects? No it did not, it was not really even a poem? This kind of shit really gets to me.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » March 8th, 2005, 11:56 am

I prefer a no-contest type of situation.
I ain't paying my way into no manuscript.
I might make a donation to Studlio Eight.
You don't need them kooks, man. We are free.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » March 8th, 2005, 11:58 am

jimboloco wrote:I prefer a no-contest type of situation.
I ain't paying my way into no manuscript.
I might make a donation to Studlio Eight.
You don't need them kooks, man. We are free.
I did not pay shit. Just this is kind of sad. Think some fucker out there is going to buy in to this and get their credit card number stolen and a book of shitty poetry, if they even send any thing, it is sad
thus spoke G.A.P.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 8th, 2005, 11:59 am

freedom's just another word for
nothin left to lose

i may got nuthin
but i got lots to lose

i got my freedom!

Return to “Rejection Slip?”