Evolution, Revolution, & Harsh Realites

Publish it here.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Evolution, Revolution, & Harsh Realites

Post by Doreen Peri » October 7th, 2004, 8:40 am

It seems to me the problems of this century have to do with the evolutionary process and moral values. Many people have not evolved beyond bigotry not just toward other races but toward people of different faiths and people who live in different cultures and people who are different in ANY way at all than they are!

There are still people who view the world as a divided planet where people are separated geographically, economically, politically and religiously, and frankly, they want to keep it that way. That's the problem.

The world is NOT a divided planet. We are all here together experiencing life. No matter where we live, no matter what we believe in, no matter what our government or financial situation, we are HERE, together, and soon, people better get a grip on the fact that we need to share the world's resources and accept each other just as we are, without trying to change anybody to meet our own standards.

That's where the issue of moral values comes in. Morally, we need to respect each other. Morally, we need to bow down to the human spirit in each other. We need to stop arguing and stop fighting and start realizing the BIG issues which are achieving understanding and acceptance of every person who walks this planet.

Every human being deserves food, shelter, medical care, and especially love and respect. Every human being deserves to have a PLACE to belong. The Palestinians, for instance, deserve to have land to live on that they can call their own. Those in 3rd world countries deserve the attentiveness of those who control the wealth and resources of this planet so they aren't dying of starvation every day. No person should be left to sleep on the street. No group of people should be ostracized by any other group of people based on ANY reason, certainly not exclusive to the color of their skin.

It is time for the people of the world to evolve to the point where they no longer accept war or famine or bigotry.

Call me an idealist because yes, that's what I am. But it is time for a revolution where everyone evolves to be idealistic enough to take care of each other, respect each other, accept each other and love each other.
That's what's wrong with the world. Many people don't understand this, I don't think.

The type of evolution and revolution I'm speaking of comes from within. One person at a time. One relationship at a time. And once this ideology is realized, once these moral tenets are embraced, we will be able to deal with the harsh realities we face every day.

If we have compassion and acceptance and place everyone on the same level spiritually and humanly, we can move forward toward peace, we can move forward toward eliminating neglect and treating disease and giving people the homes and care and love that they desperately need.

Return to “Rejection Slip?”