Inconsistent

Publish it here.
Artguy

Inconsistent

Post by Artguy » April 6th, 2006, 5:59 pm

So this gallery that I have already exhibited in rejected my application for membership, it's an artist run centre, stating that my work is too inconsistent . Of course it is...my life and work is flux....some don't get it...We all must after all be defined by style, a consistent one at that....I maintain that style is an inhuman activity.....

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » April 11th, 2006, 2:11 pm

For what it is worth.

Just a paste

it is all Linear B to me.

Plane of Consistency
The plane of consistency is the abolition of all metaphor; all that consists is Real. [TP: 69]
Consistency is neither totalizing nor structuring; rather, it is deterritorializing (a biological stratum, for example, evolves not according to stastistical phenomena but rather according to cutting edges of deterritorialization). [TP: 144]
[T]he plane of consistency is occupied, drawn by the abstract Machine [TP: 70]
The plane of consistency, or planomenon, is in no way an undifferentiated aggregate of unformed matters, but neither is it a chaos of formed matters of every kind. [TP: 70]
These are electrons in person, veritable black holes, actual organites, authentic sign sequences. It's just that they have been uprooted from their strata, destratified, decoded, deterritorialized, and that is what makes their proximity and interpenetration in the plane of consistency possible. A silent dance. [TP: 69]
That which races or dances upon the plane of consistency thus carries with it the aura of its stratum, an undulation, a memory or tension. The plane of consistency retains just enough of the strata to extract from them variables that operate in the plane of consistency as its own functions. [TP: 70]
Continuum of intensities, combined emission of particles or signs-particles, conjunction of deterritorialized flows: these are the three factors proper to the plance of consistency; they are brought about by the abstract machine and are constitutive of destratification. [TP: 70]
Now there is no hint in all this of a chaotic white night or an undifferentiated black night. There are rules, rules of "plan(n)ing," or diagramming, as we will see later on, or elsewhere. The abstract machine is not random; the continuities, emissions and combinations, and conjunctions do not occur in just any fashion. [TP: 70-1]
The plane of consistency knows nothing of differences in level, orders of magnitude, or distances. It knows nothing of the difference between the artificial and the natural. It knows nothing of the distinction between contents and expressions, or that between forms and formed substances; these things exist only by means of and in relation to the strata. [TP: 69-70]
[W]e cannot content ourselves with a dualism or summary opposition between the strata and the destratified plane of consistency. The strata themselves are animated and defined by relative speeds of deterritorializaiton; moreover, absolute deterritorialization is there from the beginning, and the strata are spin-offs, thickenings on a plane of consistency that is everywhere, always primary and always immanent. [TP: 70]
The field of immanence is not internal to the self, but neither does it come from an external self or a nonself. Rather, it is like the absolute Outside that knows no Selves because interior and exterior are equally a part of the immanence in which they have fused. [TP: 156]
The plane of consistency would be the totality of all BwO's, a pure multiplicity of immanence, one piece of which may be Chinnese, another American, another medieval, another petty peverse, but all in a movement of generalized deterritorialization in which each person takes and makes what she or he can, according to tastes she or he will have succeeded in abstracting from a Self [Moi], according to a politics or strategy successfully abstracted from a given formation, according to a given procedure abstracted from its origin. [TP: 157]

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 017a6185de

firsty

Post by firsty » April 11th, 2006, 3:06 pm

consistent art? that sounds like the kind of attitude that gave us the backstreet boys.

maybe give everything a common title or something like:

"Study of How I Felt on Tuesday"
"Study of How I Dont Feel Very Tuesday Anymore"

call it "the progression of an artistic mind".

the only consistency worth looking at is chaos.
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 11th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Firsty...great idea...I may very well pursue that thinking....

DMG...Huh????

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 11th, 2006, 7:00 pm

What is DMG... and does it have anything to do with marketing. Which seems what they are talking about. As they used to say in Nashville, yeah it is a nice tune, but it just ain't commercial.

Art gallery run by artists, still art business ,nothing wrong with that. I suppose. What do I know, not an artist myself?.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » April 11th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Maybe they think that all art has to be "fine art," like, schmoozeable. Man, it is impossible to be consistant, the only truth is that's a bullshit line. I would wretch before I'd go back there.

Do you have an artist website?

I mean you could have stuck to your "white" series.
But what is evolution of expression?
Forgetaboutit.\
thankyouverymuch
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Artguy

Post by Artguy » April 12th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Return to “Rejection Slip?”