Welcome One and All!

Lists 'n' quips by Peter Stuhlmann.
Southbound Snackyderm

Welcome One and All!

Post by Southbound Snackyderm » October 15th, 2004, 9:53 am

And in the beginning Lightning Rod and Doreen kindly gave me a forum and there was much rejoicing--all clearly the result of too much pre-season eggnog.

This is the place for you to post whatever doubles you over, bursts your girth with mirth; whatever recaptures the way you felt when you first discovered you could throw jello. Here is where you 'kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight'.

Just please, I beg you--leave small woodland creatures and petroleum-based jellies out of it!

Enjoy!

The mismanagement
(er...Pete)

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » October 23rd, 2004, 2:32 pm

Ahem! May I post off colour items? And I don't mean my laundry! Examples: funny pictures, cartoons and such that are somewhat iffy in content, in a cute way of course, nothing gross, though gross is subjective. Or must I restrict my postings to only verbiage?

Um, I'm in your 19 step poetry program, in case you don't remember me. I need something to keep my mind occupied during my down-time from the group, you know, lest I backslide and write something horrendous that I cannot recover from, ever! :oops:

I wonder if there's a group for recovering wannabe comics? :roll: You know outlining the pratfalls and pie in the face, or is that egg in the face, incidents to avoid? Well, just thinking out loud.

Southbound Snackyderm

Post by Southbound Snackyderm » October 28th, 2004, 8:04 pm

I apologize for my lateness in replying--you see, I managed to get my @****! caught in a mousetrap.

Certainly, post pics, cartoons--if you can manage--the whole side of a bus if that's what caught your eye. Moreover, if what you find funny causes apopleptic fits of rage in the odd special-interest group or two--all the better!

And if there isn't a group of recovering wannabe comics--well, then I think it's about time. Consider it started.

Hi. My name is Pete. I have a problem...

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » October 30th, 2004, 11:48 pm

I hear ya! I've been dodging mousetraps for years!

@****? :roll: Hmmmm, are we playing 20 questions?
1. Is it bigger than a bread box?

Anyway I attempted to post a pic and it was too small to appreciate and won't enlarge, what am I doing wrong? I'll keep trying. I guess for now I'll just post an October appropriate joke!

Stop me if you've heard it.

A cabbie picks up a nun.

She gets into the cab and the cabbie won't stop staring at her.
She asks him why he is staring.

He replies: "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you."

She answers: "My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds: "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic."

The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes I'm single and Catholic!"

"OK" the nun says. "Pull into the next alley."

The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.

But when they get back on the road the cab driver starts crying.

"My dear child" said the nun "why are you crying?"

"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied, I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."

The nun says, "That's OK, my name is Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party."

Southbound Snackyderm

Post by Southbound Snackyderm » October 31st, 2004, 9:03 am

It would be bigger if the breadbox has 'Fisher Price' on it...

Hand't heard that one before--and very funny (you score serious points for working in a Hallowe'en reference)...

Now--what do you meant 'it won't enlarge'? It starts to look pixelated?

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » October 31st, 2004, 6:14 pm

"Bigger if the breadbox has "Fisher Price" on it." Very clever, very cagey response!

Try this on for size.
Question 2. Can it slip into a shoe?

Okay, I'm amassing serious points, what does a mousey1 gotta do to amass silly points? I know!

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse were in divorce court and the judge said to Mickey,

"You say here that your wife is crazy."

Mickey replied,

"I didn't say she was crazy, I said she was f**king Goofy!"

Now my picture problem in a nutshell is this,
I'm using photobucket and they shrink the pics down, so when I preview posted it here it was too small and would not enlarge. I don't want to post it if it's unreadable in it's present state and won't enlarge when clicked upon. Perhaps you can't enlarge pics in the preview screen, maybe it will after I submit it. What think ye? Or am I just f**king goofy?

I'm off to experiment. If I have success the result will be obvious.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 31st, 2004, 6:50 pm

hey mousey1 -

you can say "fucking goofy" here

it's ok :D

i love that one! cracks me up!

about photobucket, yes, they save your files as thumbnails for browsing your photo gallery, but if you've uploaded the full size image to the site, it's on there

don't they give you html code to reference the full sized image? i believe they do

if not, click on the thumbnail of the image and a larger view should show... then copy the URL of the larger view of the image and that's what you could post here

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » November 7th, 2004, 4:43 pm

Thanks Doreen. I think Snacky's on hiatus. Maybe he's still wrestling with that mousetrap. :D

Yes, you were right about photobucket. Sadly I have so many duh moments, I wonder how I get by. Anyway, I've got it now and shall proceed to post some pictified gems.

I'm glad I don't have to use asterisks here to stifle my nasty swearing fingers. 8)

I also think I might be posting in the wrong place, I'm usurping Snacky's welcome and salutations thread. I guess I should remove myself and post into a fresh topic. Duh! So much to learn.

I'm fucking goofy. :lol:

Thanks again.

Return to “For Pete's Sake!”