Our Next Target - The Mainstream Media

Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

Our Next Target - The Mainstream Media

Post by Michael » June 3rd, 2007, 11:43 pm

<center>(originally published at OpEdNews)</center>
I wrote the letter below to my local newspaper, The Contra Costa Times, on May 22, 2007, including the preface which was a note to the newspaper not meant for publication.

Today is June 3, 2007 and, after obviously having learned, if in no other way than through my letter to the editor, that The Regime has set itself up to easily officially become the dictatorial power in The Former United States of America (The FUSA), The Times has not contacted me about publishing the letter.

More importantly, from what I can gather by doing a search on The Contra Costa Times web site, this newspaper has not even covered the drastic change in national security policy.

I hope that the editorial staff at The Contra Costa Times will believe, as I do, that this information is urgent and time sensitive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like having George W. Bush as your president or The Regime of which it seems George W. Bush is just a minor part, as your leader, you’ll love National Security Presidential Directive/NSPD 51.

In it, under any catastrophic condition, as vaguely defined by this directive, anywhere in the world, George W. Bush will become a dictator.

He’ll not be a dictator in The United States of America or, actually, The Former United States of America, as The Regime has divided the citizens of this country against one another. Under NSPD 51, the USA will become the ECG , The Enduring Constitutional Government (and it will be anything but constitutional).

If you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 09-12.html on the official White House web site and read this directive, you’ll see that it can’t be taken any other way.

If the mainstream media does not report on this directive, it will be complicit in installing the first self appointed dictator in the history of our nation.

Two questions come to mind when thinking about this directive.

Why now, as we draw closer to the 2008 presidential election?

How can anyone support this regime?

Michael Bonanno
--Address--
Antioch, CA 94531
--Telephone--
--Alternate Telephone--
--email address--
World Conditions And Action Items
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine

I have just finished writing a follow-up letter to The Contra Costa Times.

I sent you the letter to the editor found below on 5/22/07.

The subject of the letter is the new National Security Presidential Directive,NSPD 51. This directive was created and published on the official White House web site on May 9, 2007. It revokes National Security Presidential Decision Directive 67 which was created in October of 1998 and which, along withFEMA’s Federal Preparedness Response Circular 65 adequately covered the necessary scenarios to maintain a Constitutional Government in case of a legitimate catastrophic event.

One may have a more difficult time reading FPRC 65 than NSPD 51 because the former rightly spreads the responsibility for maintaining a Constitutional Government among the many administrative departments which should be involved in that task.

National Presidential Security Directive 51 is easier and quicker to read because all power goes to “The President”. In addition, the parameters which define a “catastrophic event” are very loosely widened, making NSPD 51 extremely easy to implement.

Not only have you not published my letter, but I can not find any coverage of this extreme[/b] and unnecessary updating of a national emergency plan by doing a search on The Contra Costa Times web site.

I know that some people would rather call others names, such as “alarmists”, than to closely investigate changes in our government’s policies as extreme as the NSPD 51 is. I hope that this isn’t the reason you’re not publishing my letter.

I would also like to know what you think it is about NSPDD 67/FPRC 65 that necessitated their revocations and the implementation of NSPD 51.

By its not even covering this change in policy, The Times obviously concurs that NSPDD 67/FPRC 65 was inadequate and that it was so obviously necessary to potentially bestow dictatorial powers upon George W. Bush based upon a very loose and widely encompassing definition of a “catastrophic event” that it wasn’t even important to let the American people know.

Do you honestly look at the implementation of a national policy change that easily opens the door to dictatorship for the president as being “no big deal” or “all in a day’s work”?

Please help me understand why The Times does not find this drastic change in national emergency policy important enough to report to the people.

Michael Bonanno

I urge anyone and everyone reading this article to write to their local newspapers and to bring this unwarranted and dangerous national security policy change to their attention.

I urge you to follow-up often until they either publish your letter or give you a reason why they don’t feel that this policy change warrants publishing your letter.

If your local newspaper has not even covered this change, I urge you to ask them why they don’t feel that covering it is important.

I ask you to share their reasoning with the rest of us. Who knows, maybe we are being “alarmists” in this case. If so, we should probably stop.

On the other hand, we should want everyone, everywhere to know any lame reasons why a newspaper doesn’t find a government’s setting itself up to easily become a totalitarian power newsworthy.

As a final step, I would urge everyone who is reading this article and who learns of the excuses by specific newspapers for not covering this important directive to not only become a thorn in the side of your own local newspaper, but to write to the other newspapers that refuse to cover this policy change and to become thorns in their sides as well.

If the mainstream media won’t cover important events or ask hard questions of our so called leaders, then we must continue to cover important events and ask hard questions of the mainstream media.

It’s time to start relentlessly catalyzing the mainstream media.

To friendship,
Michael Bonanno

“A man who enjoys responsibility usually gets it. A man who merely likes exercising authority usually loses it.” - Malcolm Stevenson Forbes

World Conditions And Action Items
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine
CDs
Casey’s Song

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 6th, 2007, 1:05 pm

"Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions". Well, we usually live in a catastrophic emergency in these lands and most of us want a democratic government (in its wide range sense)... we must be a bit stupid, ja, ja!!!

Michael

Post by Michael » June 6th, 2007, 2:24 pm

No doubt The Regime thinks we're pretty stupid.

Well, let's think about it for moment, shall we?

"There's not a dime's worth of difference between The Democrats and The Republicans" – George Wallace, 1968.

I abhorred Wallace's racism in 1968, but no truer words were ever spoken.

There have been a few variations of the word, but our government is The Corporacracy. Presidents, senators, congressman, all, work for The Corporacracy.

The Corporacracy tells us what the news is. It tells us what is and what is not entertainment.

The Corporacracy tells us what music is heard and what music isn't heard, especially by the masses.

Herein lies a problem, a very large problem.

Narcissists are owned by The Corporacracy and appear on American Idol. This is where the music comes from that's listened to by the masses.

There are no messages, just video clips of sad narcissists who've been rejected by representatives of The Corporacracy.

This, more than even the empty excuse for music, is what the masses watch American Idol to see. Americans have become obsessed with watching "real people" fail in "real time".

NASCAR fans go to races hoping to be lucky enough to witness in person a Dale Earnhardt moment.

Even boxing, an already vicious and primitive purposeful and personal destruction of another human being's brain, isn't good enough anymore. Now there's "Extreme Fighting" where the brain is more easily beaten and the unnecessary "fighting" is more savage. Americans pay money to watch people do this to one another on television.

Deep, thoughtful lyrics which clarify societal intercourse and its dysfunction are a bother, too much to think about.

"Something's happening here,
what it is is abundantly clear"

Now, whence does The Regime extract the idea that we're stupid?

To friendship,
Michael

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 7th, 2007, 9:19 am

You are right on target imo
It don't get no more main stream
than the The Contra Costa Times,

There is no more main stream
than main st Usa
hometown anywhere
my hometown paper is Hearst.
wish me luck

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 7th, 2007, 9:22 am

I heard an interesting sound byte by Gore
on why he threw in the towell in 2000
He said something like there was no where else to take it but violent revolution.

Michael

Post by Michael » June 7th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Yeah, trucking, I heard that, too.

Trouble is, when there is no where left to take it except “…..” (fill in the blank), then that means we still have an option, right? The word “except” is saying that an option exists.

Have you read “How Nonviolence Protects The State” by Peter Gelderloos?

Now I’m not sayin’ I agree with him and I’m not sayin’ I disagree with him.

As Tony Soprano might say, “All I’m sayin’ is whadayagonnado (all one word)?”

To friendship,
Michael

Michael

Post by Michael » June 7th, 2007, 2:29 pm

I wonder where we'd be if the group that was around at the end of the 18th century was anything like the group that's around today.

I'd either be getting ready to have my tea or I'd be looking at children goose-stepping down Via Dora Drive.

The King? C'mon. God put him there. He can do no wrong. Just ask Jerry Falwell - whoops, I mean Pat Robertson.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 7th, 2007, 11:33 pm

i want to be carefull with my wording
i do not wish to put words in gore's mouth
What he said was:
'No Intermediate Step Between Supreme Court and Violent Revolution'
and he kind of laughed after he did.

i don't want to think of violent screenarios
we
i mean i
keeping faith with ghandi
and a restoration of the constitution next year

i have not read “How Nonviolence Protects The State” by Peter Gelderloos?

i'll check it out

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 9th, 2007, 7:38 am

I checked it out and it is bullsh*t imo.

From the Utne Reader
He maniputlates facts.

But what the hell are facts any way

What is the chance of finding historical truth?

Don't confuse me
my mind is made up
We need more blood in the streets of Baghdad, Baltimore, and Bangalore
If not for violence Ghandi and Martin Luther King would have failed.

yep it's a fact

I am keeping myfaith in Ghandi and Martin Luther King

got a bad head this morning
just feel like fighting I suppose
like a lonely jew boy cross enemy territory in Little Italy, on my way to public school#2. Crossing the street when I see the witches from St Leo's coming towards me in their black robes.

in friend ship
jt.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 12th, 2007, 1:06 am

Sorry I get so wrapped up in my own despair over violence everywhere in the world, but I always keep coming back to the Jews. Not meant to be sacriligious, later in life I met a nun. I suppose times had changed she was dressed very simply and modestly. Sister Estelle, one of these people that can make you like them just by their presence. She is reitired now living in the home for reitired nuns in lousisiana I think it used to be a leper's asylum.

I was raised on the superstitions of an old peasant woman from Poland.

He did not make the case for me, I mean that link to the Utne reader I posted above. Did you read it?

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”