So It's Morality You Want?

Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

So It's Morality You Want?

Post by Michael » July 7th, 2005, 2:00 pm

So it’s morality you want?

We’re now being ruled by a born again Christian?

This administration was going to bring family values and dignity back to Washington?

The morality started before the administration even took office or, more accurately, was unconstitutionally selected. President to be Bush describes what he thinks of a reporter who probably asked him a question about dignity. As the children say, it takes one to know one.

The morality, obviously an improvement over Clinton’s “immoral” administration, continued with Dick Cheney’s greeting Senator Leahy on the floor of the senate.

After sending 1,749 (at the time) American citizens to their death, and, since they don’t count those who die on the way to a hospital or those who die in a hospital after being wounded, we know it’s got to be many, many more, it’s very touching to know that Bush thinks about Iraq “every single day”. That’s the best he can do? Think of Iraq every single day? He doesn’t think of the dying humanity every single day, he thinks of Iraq. He damn well better do more than “think about Iraq every single day”!

Now, the latest show of morality has surfaced. President Bush, preparing for what should be a somber speech on Iraq, mocks the people he’s had murdered thus far with some “innocent play” before the speech. Yep, that’s our president.

Has anyone heard Bush say anything about amending The Constitution to ban same sex marriages since he cheated his way into a second term? I haven’t. You know why? Because he doesn’t fucking care, that’s why. What did he say about Kerry? He’ll say anything to get elected.

I’m not saying that I would have ever been offended by any of the “human peccadilloes” exhibited by Bush or Cheney - except the "every single day" quote - weak. In fact, and I’m sure this is what the blind followers are probably going to say, I may have said, “Good for him” about Cheney’s outburst or “Bush is just showing a down to earth, human side” about Bush. But these people claim to be above reproach. They tow the Christianist Right line. They smear everyone in their path with claims of un-American or unpatriotic or against God! They open their mouths while sitting behind a wall of glass. Well, here come the rocks.

His supporters don’t want to address his mortal sins like lying to the American people about Iraq or talking about The Downing Street Memos or trying to screw people out of social security benefits.

No, no. They want to talk about Terry Schiavo and the Ten Commandments and the horror of being overtaken by homosexuals.

They want to campaign on morality and family values.

Well there’s their family fucking values, right there!

When are the people who are covering for this loser and his imperialist friends going to wake up? How big of a 2 by 4 do they have to be hit over the head with?

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » July 7th, 2005, 3:06 pm

Hopefully by 2008 this will all change for the better!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 15th, 2009, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael

Post by Michael » July 7th, 2005, 3:39 pm

One can only hope, Dave.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but he owns all three branches of government, the media and the machines with which Americans will be voting in 2008.

Now, unless he gets the 22nd Amendment changed or declares Marshall Law by creating yet another 9/11, he will have to step down.

One thing I've heard so far is that they will merely switch the ticket around with Cheney on top and run that way. That's perfectly legal and within the framework of The Constitution.

Another thing is there's always Jeb. If you look at the polls to this point, not many Republicans are interested in nominating Jeb in 2008. However, since the family owns the government and the voting process, we shouldn't be surprised if suddenley Jeb is on top of the polls, is nominated and, ultimately, "elected". I guess I'm just saying that this administration has been more corrupt than any other administration before it and by many degrees.

I will hold out hope with you, though, Dave. That's why I keep writing and bringing things to people's attention.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » July 7th, 2005, 3:45 pm

This country didn't beat around the "Bush" with George Sr. so why does it do it with George Jr. then???? To put a spin on the line from a Beatles's song.

Come to your senses good people of America
Right now before it's too late
Over to the side of clear thinking where we should be

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”