Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

A Letter That I Sent to the White House on a Whim

Post by Michael » September 24th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Dear Mr. President,

I know. That’s just a title.

I thought I’d write you a letter.

My name is Michael Bonanno and I live in Antioch, California. I know that you don’t come to California very often. The state doesn’t vote for your party and you see no need to pay California much attention. I understand that.

However, did you know that much of California rests on a fault line?

A fault line is a weakened portion of earth that tends to shift now and again, causing what they call earthquakes. In case you hadn’t heard, California experienced a significant earthquake in 1989. It caused a lot of damage.

You see, when an earthquake happens, the shifting of the weakened earth disrupts the infrastructure that rests upon it. As you may or may not be able to imagine, houses and bridges and stores and golf courses and the like get moved around pretty good during an earthquake.

I was just wondering if we had an earthquake, would your administration have time to help us out? I know that you want the federal government to play a very small role in the lives of Americans, so you may hesitate to help us out. Of course, now I’m really worried that California voted for the other guy in 2004.

Small government is good, though. I mean, keep it small.

Yes, government does have its role.

I mean, if government doesn’t decide what is and what isn’t a marriage, who’s going to decide?

If government doesn’t deal with the pro athletes’ steroid issue, who’s going to do that?

If government doesn’t protect those who want to flaunt the ten commandments, who’s going to protect them?

If government doesn’t keep a good list of all of the kids that could be eligible for military service, the private sector sure won’t do it.

Government should be there for Americans some times, but only when it’s a matter of extreme importance. I understand that, Mr. President.

In case you didn’t know this, there really isn’t much of a warning system for earthquakes. As you may or may not have seen, before hurricanes make land fall, you know, when they traverse the ocean to the land, that’s called land fall, weather people have some technology to track them. They actually know where a hurricane is at any given time and they’re able to predict where the hurricane may make land fall and how powerful it is and what damage it might cause. I just didn’t know if you were aware of that stuff.

Earthquakes, on the other hand, don’t give us much warning. Granted they’re working on ways to predict earthquakes, but, with your goal of shrinking government and all, you’re probably leaving the funding of such research up to the private sector. Hey, that’s OK. If there’s money in it, the private sector will probably help out a whole lot.

Maybe you can get some churches to volunteer people to help out with the research.

I’m just a little worried that’s all.

Maybe you have some ideas about how the private sector will help us out if we experience an earthquake. Since earthquakes can’t be predicted, do you think you can share your ideas with some of your bosses? Tell them to look beyond the actual disaster and loss of property and life and think about the financial rewards they can reap. That might give them some initiative to help out.

Well, I thought this letter was timely. I thought it would give you a heads up.

I realize, Mr. President, that you are the messenger. I realize that you don’t really come up with ideas and policy. I realize that you’re just a front guy for the people who really do the thinking.

Who do you think that I should contact to really get some of this stuff looked into? I mean, who tells you what you should think and say most of the time? I’d really like to see the people with the empowerment look into the stuff that I’ve just written to you.

It’s like September 11, 2001.

I know that you realized that some damage had to be done in New York and Washington. Your bosses would never have had an excuse to invade Iraq without it. Good thing Cheney was able to get the order out for Flight 93 in time to down it. He just didn’t count on people actually interfering with the plan.

I realize that you’re not really to blame. Hey, they promised you the presidency, and, I might say, they delivered. I don’t blame you for 9/11, Iraq, Madrid, London or any of those things. In fact, I think you didn’t even know that your bosses were even going to do some of those things.

I must say that the speeches that they wrote for you after those events were pretty good. Yes, of course there were some holes in what they told you to say especially in light of all of the things that they’ve told you to say since then. But you’ve been lucky. In spite of the fact that you’re still learning the mother tongue, people like your wit and the hard work you do on the ranch. I think a lot of hard working people identify with that hard work. And the average American’s vocabulary is probably much like yours.

Did your bosses tell you that, lately, a lot of people have been disappointed in some of the things that they’ve told you to talk about?

Yes, sir, they’re called polls. They ask people questions like, “Do you approve of the job George W. Bush is doing as president?”

Lots of people are saying that they’re starting to disapprove. They don’t understand like we do that it’s not your fault. You just do and say what you’re told. You can’t help it if your bosses are telling you to say the wrong stuff. It’s not your fault, is it? I mean, you’ve got a life that you have to get on with, right?

Boy, I just realized how much I’ve written here. Take your time, Mr. President. It’s not like there’s any hurry for you to read this mail. Take a few days.

But I would appreciate it if you asked your bosses what they plan on doing if California experiences one of those earthquakes. I hope you remember what earthquakes are, Mr. President. I realize that I wrote about it a long time ago.

Anyway, don’t let your bosses kill anymore people with fake terrorist attacks, OK?

Remember that hurricane that just happened, the one that flooded New Orleans? You know, the one Laura renamed for us. It was first called Katrina, but Laura thought Karina and a couple of variations of Corina were better. I must say that they are sweeter names.

Well, between that hurricane and the possibility of an earthquake – take your time looking at the beginning of this very long message – there will be enough death and destruction. There will be plenty of opportunities for your bosses to make a little spending money without them staging another stunt like 9/11.

So, if you can convince them not to do that, some of us would really appreciate it.

That thing about we need to kill more kids in order to honor the kids we already killed? That was a killer, Mr. President. I don’t know who wrote that one for you, but I think it really reached a couple of people.

Don’t give up, Mr. President. I’m sure your bosses think that you’re doing a heck of a job.

If you ever feel like telling some of us about 9/11 and Iraq and all of the stuff your bosses have done, feel free. It would really make all that talk you do about god and Jesus and such seem a bit more credible, although you have lots of fans who really think you mean all that stuff.

Yep, you’re doing one heck of a job, Mr. President.

Sincerely,
Michael Bonanno
Antioch, CA

P. S. Right now, my wife and I are merely “haves”. We don’t see becoming a “have mores” in the near future. In fact, we may be looking at joining the “have nots”. You didn’t mention the “have nots” in that speech in which you mentioned the “haves” and the “have mores”.

The “have nots”, Mr. President, are those people who don’t have enough money to be a pioneer or even a ranger. I’m sure they would be if they could. Those are really swell titles and I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t want to be a ranger or a pioneer.

To friendship,
Michael

“War should be the politics of last resort. And when we go to war, we should have a purpose that our people understand and support.” – Colin Powell

The Mind Of Michael
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 24th, 2005, 10:30 pm

yes, i'm sure you'll get an answer, Michael.

no sarcasm there. Just pure guy to guy down home expression of concern.

yeah, uh huh. wonder if the bosses will get to read it.

Michael

Post by Michael » September 25th, 2005, 3:44 am

j. you know who’s going to read my message? Some message interceptor. And he or she will never let The Regime lay eyes on it.

My only hope is that the contents are over the top enough to really piss off the person who sees it.

My guess is that The Regime receives a lot of mail that’s “over the top”.

To friendship,
Michael

“Every government has as much of a duty to avoid war as a ship's captain has to avoid a shipwreck.” – Guy de Maupassant

The Mind Of Michael
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » September 25th, 2005, 8:28 am

It's soooooo nice when you can write to them. I hope that Son Of Bush does read it.
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 15th, 2009, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » September 25th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Michael - your comment, "There will be plenty of opportunities for your bosses to make a little spending money without them staging another stunt like 9/11," might not be appreciated too much, but what the hell... Dubya needs some good word-quakes to shake up his cushy little world. I do wonder how much more he really can take - three hurricanes, peace protesters, more and more debt and borrowing from China, Japan and other countries buying their slice of (hopefully for them) oil riches out of Iraq... just to name a few probs that he never would've counted on. Time will tell and karma will pay.

Good letter.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 28th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Just stopped by to link to the discussion about this letter on Arcanum Cafe.

http://www.arcanumcafe.com/community/sh ... hp?t=61931

It's a good discussion with Michael participating.... It's about Michael's accusation in the letter that Bush and his administration staged the 911 attacks.

It's currently 3 pages long.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 28th, 2005, 8:35 pm

Those 911 conspiracy Theorists spend a lot of time defending them selves against crackpot magazines like

Scientific American,

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID ... 414B7F0000

and
Journals
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/01 ... -0112.html

Popular Mechanics, http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... page=4&c=y

TV shows

And NOVA
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/

·
The Collapse: An Engineer's Perspective
In this interview, Dr. Thomas Eagar, a professor of materials engineering and engineering systems at MIT, explains how and why the Twin Towers survived the initial impact -- and how and why they likely failed in the end.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/collapse.html

and wacko organizatons like

American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)

Journal Paper
Discussion: by K. Sivakumar (See full record)
Closure: (See full record)
Abstract: This paper presents a simplified approximate analysis of the overall collapse of the towers of World Trade Center in New York on September 11, 2001. The analysis shows that if prolonged, heating caused the majority of columns of a single floor to lose their load carrying capacity, the whole tower was doomed.

http://www.pubs.asce.org/WWWdisplay.cgi?0200032

Doreen just as Katrina showed the racism that still exists, so many of those 911 conspiracy sites show how much hatred still is in the world for Jews. Not just Israel but Jews everywhere.
I check out Michaels links and all I find is UFO conspiracy theories, Jew hating conspiracies, right wing religious wackos and so forth. I am just don't care anymore. If it makes Michael happy to entertain his theories I am not going to debate him. But I think they weaken the case against bush, makes it easier for his goons to dismiss anyone who opposes him as wackos.

This is from one of the sources quoted by Michael on Arcanum

http://www.serendipity.li/eden.html

I like it the best. No the Bush administration is not a bunch of incompetent corrupt greedy evil doers they are death lizards from outer space.

and that New York Jews were ordered to stay home that day (Zionists and other pro-Israeli factions, of course, were involved).
http://www.serendipity.li/wot/sciam_reply.htm

But you know I am a kike, a liar and twister of the truth,
I been thinking about using this Nazi poster as my icon

http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/Post9 ... laims.html

http://www.apfn.org/apfn.htm

Now when you dig down into apfn's website you find this

http://www.apfn.net/edomites.htm

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 28th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Griffin is tight with the muslim jewish christian alliance. or MJUCA, I checked out the contributors. The Jew in MUJCA. is a guy named ISRAEL SHAMIR http://www.israelshamir.net/

Check out the picture would you buy a used car from this guy?

Here is some background on the guy

E-mail: SERIOUS CONCERNS ABOUT ISRAEL SHAMIR

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:53:12 -0500
Title: SERIOUS CONCERNS ABOUT ISRAEL SHAMIR
TEXT:
SERIOUS CONCERNS ABOUT ISRAEL SHAMIR
From Ali Abunimah & Hussein Ibish (acting solely in his private capacity)
Dear Friends:
In recent months, many people have been reading the writings of Israel Shamir, who describes himself as a Russian-Israeli journalist. Many have been impressed by these writings, and Shamir has been embraced in many places in the US on his current speaking tour. From early on, some of Shamir's writings struck us as straying beyond criticism of Israel and Zionism, and crossing into the territory of implicit anti-Semitism. We have discussed this with many people privately, but now feel compelled to raise some of these objections publicly. While there are many passages in Shamir's rhetoric that cause serious concern, it is sufficient to cite these three:
1) Yesterday we received an "Easter Message" from Shamir in which he repeats the most odious characterizations of Jews as "Christ killers," the staple of classic European Christian anti-Semitism. In the message, which originates from Shamir's own email address, he writes
http://www.nigelparry.com/issues/shamir ... etter.html

GEN THE ISRAEL SHAMIR CASE

THE END DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS
In late 2000/early 2001, in the period following the beginning of the second Palestinian Intifada, articles began appearing on the Internet by a previously unknown Israeli-Russian writer called "Israel Shamir". With a powerful command of the English language, compelling anecdotes, dramatic metaphors, and a spirited opposition to the Israel's military occupation, Shamir was rapidly and warmly accepted into the pro-Palestinian activist scene, and by Spring 2001 had embarked on a speaking tour of the United States, speaking at many public events alongside leading lights of the Palestinian scene.
As his articles kept coming, however, an increasing amount of the tone and content was observed by more than a few to fall into what could -- if this hadn't been an Israeli Jew writing it -- best be described as a classic anti-Semitic repertoire. Shamir's identity as a Jew initially enabled people to excuse this, until the whole mess began to unravel as more and more questions were asked. Eventually, these questions began to be answered, and the issue errupted into a controversy. This page is an archive for some of the material that circulated, and is offered to the Palestinian community in particular as a warning to check the backgrounds and content of the message of people who claim to speak on their behalf. However worthy the cause, the end does not justify the means. Nigel Parry
http://www.nigelparry.com/issues/shamir/

Nigel Parry I know not of him but I like hes aesthetics better than Shamir. I mean he seems a little more whimsical about it.

http://www.nigelparry.com/

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » September 29th, 2005, 9:41 am

Dear Michael:

I appreciate your letter and was informed and entertained ( no condescension implied) by it. I am always pleased to read your column and discover your opinions on politics and morals. I often find myself agreeing with you, and since I happen to live within a deeply Republican enclave ( Southern California) in terms of who wields power, your views are always refreshing.

In 2001-2002, a person named Deborah Hair was employed by the White House to answer all of George W. Bush's correspondence. I include the pre-printed card she sent out to each would-be correspondent below.

During the Nixon presidency, I sent letters to the White House myself. The printed text I received by return mail was remarkably similar to DUB II's text.

Could Deborah Hair have been employed back then? Is this Hair person a Dickens or Herman Melville character?

" . . .poor devil of a sub-sub . . ."

"Moby Dick"
--Melville

( paste of Deborah Hair's reply to correspondence addressed to George W. Bush below) :

On behalf of President Bush, thank you for your letter. He appreciates hearing from the American people about their concerns and welcomes their suggestions. President Bush is strongly committed to pursuing policies and programs that meet America's priorities and address our needs. By working with Congress and focusing on results, his Administration is making significant progress on an agenda that is worthy of our great country. In support of this goal, President Bush welcomes the ideas and opinions of all Americans. Thank you for writing him, and best wishes.

( end Hair-y paste)

--Z

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 29th, 2005, 11:40 am

Hey, i got a letter like that once after writing Hubert Humphrey. (sub vice-pres for pres)

Maybe they're all Deborah Hair-d. Maybe we're Deborah Hair'd.
Glad to know our mail is so personally received.

Wonder if God sends out thank you notes like that to the believers who stick notes into the Wailing Wall, Jerusalem.

Deborah Hair for any occasion.

good business opportunity, no?

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » September 29th, 2005, 3:00 pm

Who's Deborah Hair????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 15th, 2009, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 29th, 2005, 10:00 pm

Michael,

While I always appreciate your logic and your wit, I think you are wasting your time with this conspiracy theory concerning 9/11.

I fully agree that the dogs in this admistration are dastardly enough to accomplish such an act. My major doubt is if they are competent enough.

It's been four years since the attacks. It would have taken dozens (and if they were government employees, perhaps hundreds) of people to have accomplished this deed. Does it occur to you that none of these confidants to the 'plot' have come forward and either blown a whistle or written a lucrative book?

You can't keep a secret that big in today's world. What if some technician who helped set the demolition charges suddenly got a conscience? It happens.

It is obvious that the attacks were the result of a conspiracy. There were nine-teen hijackers involved. And they surely had support from others. That defines a conspiracy. The only question that is largely unanswered is who was the driving force behind the act.

I'm not any more prepared to accept that the show was run by an elusive Arabian fanatic operating from a cave in Afghanistan than I am to accept that the numbwits in the Bush government were behind it.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 30th, 2005, 10:02 pm

Time will tell Clay
I am very worried about Christian Zionists.
I can hardly remember much about Stranger in A Strange Land except my girlfriend wanted me to kiss her like I was Valentine Smith, you know just focus on what I was doing.

I think Z mentioned something about the 9/11 attacks and that novel. Parallels?

The stuff that gets me is the hair-brained shit like the controlled demolition and the missile attack on the pentagon. Griffin can't seem to explain what happened to the airplane if it did not hit the pentagon. We got all these professors of theology and economics doing structural analysis from videotapes. Reminds me of Frist doing the diagnosis of Terry Schavo from watching a video on TV.

One clue I would like to see investigated is who put in all those sell short put calls on the stock exchange. Remember the Tylenol murders in Chicago back in the 80's I think they finally arrested somebody and he was trying to manipulate the shares of Johnson and Johnson. That is how they caught him.

And of course my favorite is no Jews were killed in the attack, they all mysteriously took the day off. I wonder if Levi got a call in the middle of the night warning him to stay away?

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » October 1st, 2005, 6:23 pm

Dear Still:

I think the Heinlein novel I mentioned, with its parallels of a future dystopic theocracy, was "Revolt in 2100", which is really a collection of stories-- the one I was referring to was "If This Goes On . . ."

(link)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 8?v=glance

--Z

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 1st, 2005, 11:21 pm

thank you, I thought there was a character in Stranger In A strange land, a preacher world leader. So long since I read it.

thanks for the reality check.

going to check out the link

sloppy scholarship on my part My Kind Herr Professor. Sorry for the laziness I should have checked the reference.

Are you familiar with the heavy short selling on September 10th. I suppose I should google it but I just can't stand to see no more racist wacko websites. That is the problem with the conspiracy theories if you ask me which no body has. They dilute the real issues, here is a guy who is quoting eye witnesses who say a missle hit the pentagon, so many credible eye witness reports of people seeing the plane hit. And somebody asks Griffin what happened to the airplane with all the passengers? He just shrugs and says "I don't know." UFO's?
They never convicted the Tylenol killer of murder, got him on wire fraud or something.

unedited

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”